Will They Or Won't They 2nd Installment

warriors

Hi to all fellow Leeds United fans on here.

In response to an earlier request from miniwai I live just around the corner in Stanningley if that is you are back in Pudsey. Followed LUFC for my sins these forty years first game circa 1969.

I am still to an extent perplexed as to why Leeds didn't get there fifteen points back but it seemed to me that a very smug Lord Mawhinney stated that all of the FL points made during the Arbitration were upheld and to his mind he all but said Leeds didn't really have a case.

I am a great believer in Karma, and I further believe that the Football Leagues days as a major force in football are all but numbered with the emergence of the Premier League and Sky TV as the new power brokers in football. The day of reckoning will come when the FL and the spineless FA try to go head to head with a Premiership Club over something or other then we will see how they behave, its easy to pick on the lower league clubs when they are vulnerable.

But that aside, I pray for the day when a season can pass at LEEDS when we dont have some major catastrophe hanging over us and the only chat is about performances on the field.

In business terms I think it is time for Uncle Ken to start funding this club seriously. As an example of what can be achieved I would draw your attention to Fulham FC around the time Mohammed Al Fayed took control. He said that he wanted Fulham to be a Premiership club within 5 years he was as good as his word. Are we not a bigger club than Fulham ? Why will nobody invest In Leeds ?

If 38000 fans packed in to Elland Road for a third division game cannot attract a major investor to speculate a few quid on us then where do we go from here I mean JC we cant even compete with Hull City.

Anyway I've rambled on through three cans of Beer so Marching On Together. Will be in the boozer in Leeds on Monday to watch the game bring em on. Looking forward to Donny in the final just to shut there Chairmans mouth ( same as Gillingham ) ha ha ha.

MOT

23 :o

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Twentythreemc, Stanningley hey. Know it well..... had many a good night around there!

Not back in England yet, next month unfortunately. So to everyone over here in Thailand how you following the match tonight? Looks like I'll be watching on the net unless anyone has any better ideas?

when it comes to finals , semi finals and "must win" big occasions , it should be remembered that a foul and heavy curse hangs over leeds united , a curse that seems impossible to lift and a curse that leeds have been playing under for 40+ years. a curse that has the players running around like headless chickens during crucial games.

if leeds win through on thursday and then again next week to gain promotion i believe the curse will have been exorcised and leeds will go from strength to strength over the next few seasons.

Carlisle 0-2 Leeds

Howson and the boys were quality, amazing game! We're off to WEMBLY!!!!! MOT.......

I realise that you must feel estatic after beating the mighty Carlisle United. But that particular national treasure is actually spelled Wembley. :o

An amazing night. This team is showing some real balls at the moment.

Bring on Doncaster or Saaaarfend.

West Ham and Sunderland players may scoff - noone can take away what an incredible achievement this season has been, given how it started.

"But that particular national treasure is actually spelled Wembley"

well, we,ll have a look how to spell it very soon, i hope its with doncaster cos theyve done very well, Yorkshire!! and they cant spell either!

Leeds well as my other posts say with the 15 points deduction Will they or won't they get out b4 they were at 15/2 odds on to make it out.

Where do you think they will finish this year??? Top middle bottom half ot goneeeeeeeeeeeeeee down.

My thoughts are around 8th place.

GO YOU LEEDS BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :o

well done last night mission nearly accomplished

Im glad it's Doncaster. Putting aside the local rivalry issues it will be made more intense by their chairman's constant efforts to support the 15 point deduction.

This whole season is turning out very very nicely

Anyone know if its on tv over here, if so what channel? just checked espn/true but i cant seem to find owt!

chris

if it's on at all, it will be on one of those South African sports channels.

I watched the leeds v watford Championship play-off on one of those channels in a bar (think it was Downunder bar on soi 7/1) in 2006. Would imagine it will be on something similar again.

It's neither on True Visions nor Super Sports (South African Satellite)...

However, I watched the previous two matches against Carlisle in a bar called Chequers on Suk Soi 4. The landlord hooked up a live internet feed to the TV - the quality is obviously not the best, but you can generally make out what's happening and the commentary is perfect. He will be showing the final on Sunday - come on down!

MOT

It's neither on True Visions nor Super Sports (South African Satellite)...

However, I watched the previous two matches against Carlisle in a bar called Chequers on Suk Soi 4. The landlord hooked up a live internet feed to the TV - the quality is obviously not the best, but you can generally make out what's happening and the commentary is perfect. He will be showing the final on Sunday - come on down!

MOT

" The landlord hooked up a live internet feed to the TV"

do we know how he or anyone can even get the feed off net, i have heard you can but never been able to do it, can get my computor to tv no probs its rest!

cheers

chris

Not sure which specific website he uses, but I believe that you should be able to find it if you Google 'sopcast'

" find it if you Google 'sopcast'"

ha ha , i did as well, i thought ya were joking, ie soap cast as in soap opera!!!!

cheers for that ill get onto the net boys section now and find out which is best for me (bieng a thicky) cheers again

chris

Not sure which specific website he uses, but I believe that you should be able to find it if you Google 'sopcast'

http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

this site is the best.

every football game live,and every televised sport from around the world.

stream are usually from asia,america and the uk (sky for leeds final) espn's,star sports,ubc truesports,fox soccer,supersports,sky etc

they work through engines,such as sopcast,tvu etc

all you need for live sport is here,1000s of members already(you only have to register if you want to use the forum)

very well run,and many links for all sports,especially football worldwide.

enjoy

this site is the best.

stream are usually from asia,america and the uk (sky for leeds final) espn's,star sports,ubc truesports,fox soccer,supersports,sky etc

all you need for live sport is here,1000s of members already(you only have to register if you want to use the forum)

enjoy

right im stil not any better off and i just got bangkok post nd no footie hull bristol or leeds???????

looks like im gonna have to leave ma phone charger in for that 90 mins!

this site is the best.

enjoy

I tried to use that site for the Leeds-Watford Cardiff PO final - as much use as a chocolate teapot.