Does anyone have experience using the Amazon Prime Visa card for purchases in Thailand?

Old Fool

I can't use my wife's bank card to buy flights because she no longer uses the phone number associated with the account and can't get SMS messages to verify her identity.  So I need to use credit card. but worry that I will be charged a lot.  I read that Prime Visa doesn't charge fees.  I wonder if the currency exchange rate is proper.  Can anybody recommend this card to use in Thailand?

The Amazon Prime Visa credit card does not have a foreign transaction fee. This means that there are no additional charges when using the card to make purchases outside of the United States. You get the mid-market Visa/MC exchange rate, which is a good rate. 

As others have said YES you can use without foreign exchange fees. It is my backup card to my Chase Preferred in the event the Preferred gets hacked. Preferred is the go to card (for me) due to 3x points

On 9/29/2024 at 2:01 AM, Old Fool said:

I can't use my wife's bank card to buy flights because she no longer uses the phone number associated with the account and can't get SMS messages to verify her identity.  So I need to use credit card. but worry that I will be charged a lot.  I read that Prime Visa doesn't charge fees.  I wonder if the currency exchange rate is proper.  Can anybody recommend this card to use in Thailand?

what about, as an adult male, getting your own bank card?

weird post

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/29/2024 at 2:01 AM, Old Fool said:

I can't use my wife's bank card to buy flights because she no longer uses the phone number associated with the account and can't get SMS messages to verify her identity

If that has been your modus operandi I think I'd be sending her off to the bank to update her account details.