JD Vance Faces Pivotal Moment in Vice Presidential Debate

Social Media

17 minutes ago, illisdean said:

he (Walz) had no business being on the debate stage and suggests dems desperation & just how much trouble the Harris campaign is in 4 weeks out. Their internal polling must be interesting. Oh well, maybe the assassins are plotting another attempt.

What's funny is how the main stream media are now trying to spin this obvious defeat by Walz. 

Instead of "who won the debate"  like with Trump vs Harris, the headlines are "takeaways from the debate".

Lol.

At least Politico is honest about who won, even if they're putting their own spin on it.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

What's funny is how the main stream media are now trying to spin this obvious defeat by Walz. 

Instead of "who won the debate"  like with Trump vs Harris, the headlines are "takeaways from the debate".

Lol.

At least Politico is honest about who won, even if they're putting their own spin on it.

I'll be surprised if Kamala keeps Walz on the ticket.

On 10/1/2024 at 7:38 AM, Tug said:

Trump surrendered whenever possible rember his bestie little Kim?still cranking out those nukes then there’s his other pal putin giving them the tec to deliver them….trump doesn’t fool me and I suspect you either.he gave us the greatest debt incurred during any presidency in 4 horrific years he presided over the largest jobs loss in our history he was utterly derelict in preparing for the pandemic costing tens of thousands of American lives.no sir he is an albatross and I question why you as a foreigner seem to be such a cheerleader for him

Rot a road of ruggish.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, illisdean said:

Instead of admitting to his lies and deceit Tim Walz (AKA Stolen valor Tim) calls himself a "knucklehead", which he is no doubt, AND he's a pathological liar, being caught time after time in his lies.

WOW, Kamala should punt this fraud from the ticket.

TamponTim_Imaknuckleheadforlying.thumb.jpg.0c2a66b5bcca804f4c009d735d215aa3.jpg

Tim Walz "I'm a knucklehead"

It's a full-time occupation for him. A bit like his running mate.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

JDV: Yeah, well, look, Tim, first of all, it's really rich for Democratic leaders to say that Donald Trump is a unique threat to democracy when he peacefully gave over power on January the 20th, as we have done for 250 years in this country

The same Donald Trump is right now trying to block the release of evidence of his efforts to overthrow the 2020 election from being published to the public docket.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It's a full-time occupation for him. A bit like his running mate.

He's quite the liar isn't he.

First of all, the combat claims which he put down to "poor grammar".

Now the Tiananmen Square claims, which he puts down to being "a knucklehead".

Then there's his wife. "Turn the page. Tuurrrrnnnn the page".  :crazy:

What a disaster. November is going to be delicious. 

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Now the Tiananmen Square claims, which he puts down to being "a knucklehead".

But, hang on a bit, Walz explained his lies by telling his story about small town America: 

"...I grew up in small rural Nebraska ....and rode my bike with my buddies..."

A big fat lie he's too much of a coward to take responsibility for

But since you mentioned it, there's this:

Edited by illisdean
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Stolen valor Tim explanation after getting called out for another lie.

Edited by illisdean

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Vance wriggling on the legitimacy of the 2020 election was a golden moment.

Walz nailed it “That's a damning non-answer”

The Democrats will undoubtedly splice Vance’s responses directly into their campaign adds.

Outright lies and evasion delivered up by Vance himself and ripe for using against him and the Trump campaign.

Yes, The Ex Republican Party leader said on MSNBC that for 8 and a half rounds Vance drew loss after loss in those. The Vance blow that will got the knock out was not admitting Trump lost in last round.

Dispictable of Vance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, illisdean said:

Stolen valor Tim explanation after getting called out for another lie.

I know, this was so hilarious, he's asked a simple and precise question, how, did you come up with the statement you were in China during  the democracy protests when in fact you were not? Then he answers:

"Governor Walz. You said you were in Hong Kong during the deadly Tiananmen Square protest in the spring of 1989. But Minnesota Public Radio and other media outlets are reporting that you actually didn't travel to Asia until August of that year. Can you explain that discrepancy?  You have two minutes.

TW: Yeah. Well, and to the folks out there who didn't get at the top of this, look, I grew up in small, rural Nebraska, town of 400. Town that you rode your bike with your buddies till the streetlights come on, and I'm proud of that service. I joined the National Guard at 17, worked on family farms, and then I used the GI bill to become a teacher. Passionate about it, a young teacher. My first year out, I got the opportunity in the summer of 89 to travel to China, 35 years ago, be able to do that. I came back home and then started a program to take young people there. We would take basketball teams, we would take baseball teams, we would take dancers, and we would go back and forth to China. The issue for that was, was to try and learn. Now, look, my community knows who I am. They saw where I was at. They, look, I will be the first to tell you I have poured my heart into my community. I've tried to do the best I can, but I've not been perfect. And I'm a knucklehead at times, but it's always been about that. Those same people elected me to Congress for twelve years. And in Congress I was one of the most bipartisan people. Working on things like farm bills that we got done, working on veterans benefits. And then the people of Minnesota were able to elect me to governor twice. So look, my commitment has been from the beginning, to make sure that I'm there for the people, to make sure that I get this right. I will say more than anything, many times, I will talk a lot. I will get caught up in the rhetoric. But being there, the impact it made, the difference it made in my life. I learned a lot about China. I hear the critiques of this. I would make the case that Donald Trump should have come on one of those trips with us. I guarantee you he wouldn't be praising Xi Jinping about COVID. And I guarantee you he wouldn't start a trade war that he ends up losing. So this is about trying to understand the world. It's about trying to do the best you can for your community, and then it's putting yourself out there and letting your folks understand what it is. My commitment, whether it be through teaching, which I was good at, or whether it was being a good soldier or was being a good member of Congress, those are the things that I think are the values that people care about.

MB: Governor, just to follow up on that, the question was, can you explain the discrepancy

TW: No. All I said on this was, is, I got there that summer and misspoke on this, so I will just, that's what I've said. So I was in Hong Kong and China during the democracy protest, went in, and from that, I learned a lot of what needed to be in governance.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/full-vp-debate-transcript-walz-vance-2024/

So next time someone catches you in a lie, just say "I didn't lie. I misspoke"

Lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Read the text you highlighted again and then remember how bad Trump was in his failed debate.

You’ll get the idea of what ‘damming with faint praise’ means.

LOl...u feeling it....huh....the end of Kamala? End of the lying doofus from rural Nebraska who can't stop lying and gets embarrassed by the ulta savy JD Vance  (a political novice) in a debate? The guys a moron and Trump is smart enough to pick JD Vance while the cackling moron  Kamala picked the lying stolen valor stooge Tim who puts tampons in boys washrooms in MN schools.

You got nothing, but desperation it seems. What are you going to do when Trump wins the election? LOL. I look forward to your damning with faint praise means. 

I put that paragraph in yellow hi-lite for a reason.

LOL. wake up, give your head a good shake before resuming your fetal position.

17 minutes ago, illisdean said:

But, hang on a bit, Walz explained his lies by telling his story about small town America: 

He's clearly got the same "question avoidance" coach as Kamala. 

What a couple of clowns. 😃

JD lived up to his reputation as a bit of a chameleon. He shifted positions throughout the debate to make himself more palatable. At one point, he flat-out lied about never supporting an abortion ban, a claim contradicted by his past actions. He refused to give a clear answer about who won the 2020 election and downplayed the January 6 insurrection as merely a protest. As Walz put it, Vance’s response was a “damning non-answer”.

Vance appeared cut from the same cloth as Donald Trump – willing to say anything to win, regardless of the truth. The debate made clear that voters face a choice: between Walz, whose authenticity and steady leadership reflect readiness to govern, and Vance, whose evasiveness shows a fixation on power over principle.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

hat a couple of clowns.

he's a total fraud and he proved it again in tonights debate. JD Vance performed very well but stolen valor Tiananmen Tim is such a pathological liar and fraud that Vance yanked him thru the meat grinder a few times, just enough to expose Walz for exactly what he is, a lying fraud who may soon be off the ticket I suspect. Walz is way out of his depth, a total amateur lying buffoon compared to the brilliant debater Vance.

On 9/30/2024 at 5:14 AM, Jingthing said:

Vance will do better than Trump did against Harris.

Walz is not a prosecutor and Vance has developed into quite the artiste in the field of bullsheit (sic). 

I'm sorry to say, he is actually or was very good in this debate. Walz was not bad, but he is missing the little extra. Still I would had voted for Walz for president over Kamela, or Trump for that sake.

Vance will be a good candidate in 4 or 8 years time, if he do not sell himself out with Trump, which is a great risk for his career 

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I'm sorry to say, he is actually or was very good in this debate. Walz was not bad, but he is missing the little extra. Still I would had voted for Walz for president over Kamela, or Trump for that sake.

Vance will be a good candidate in 4 or 8 years time, if he do not sell himself out with Trump, which is a great risk for his career 

Vance already sold his soul. Too late. Slick but super ICK!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you don't think giving addiitional voting rights to parents is a good idea, then?

Congratulations on calling it correctly, btw.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes he did, but it all depends on Trump next move or if they loose.

He is still young, and seems to know how to act like an serious politician, and knows his public. 

I believe he can be a star in the republican party, if,,,,,,, 

• Sad 1