Who should I see for possible ME/CFS in Chiang Mai?

bamboozled

I don't know that I have the above mentioned affliction and I sure hope I don't. But I would like a doctor attuned to these things to confirm that. GPs and health check-ups have not led to any clues as to why I'm so wiped out all the time. I think a diagnosis of ME/CFS is in the field of a neurologist. Anyone in town, in particular, to whom I might direct my query?

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If any luck in CM let me know the details.

I assume you've already had a blood count and thyroid panel?

Hi Sheryl,

I have and blood was fine but that was 8 months ago now. I'm primed to do another overall checkup but wanted to talk to a doctor first to see if there were any tests I should add.

A thyroid test 2 weeks ago showed 0.82 free T4 with the minimum being 0.78. That's the lowest it's been. I have been taking Levothyroxine for 2 weeks and waiting to feel the effect. The doctor didn't think I needed it but I "convinced" her that it was worth trying the meds to see if it helped. My sister has Hashimoto's.

I very often get swollen lymph nodes in my neck and a slight sore throat in the afternoon. Along with the fatigue. It's almost like clockwork. Feels like I am getting the flu. But I've learned to ignore it and carry on the best I can and by later in the evening the glands seem to get better. Reading about ME/CFS, they talk about such a thing. I also had dengue 15 years ago which perhaps could have been the trigger. I have always maintained I never felt quite the same after it.

I will let you know if I find some info in CM.

Thank you.