Is Thailand Value for money

I think of myself as a tourist and as a tourist being in say Jomtiem or Koh Chang which are my favourite recent haunts I can get nice accommodation and nice food and nice entertainment for a good price for me when I'm alone or with my girlfriend. The massages alone are spectacularly good value if you find the right shop and girl. If not for the pollution I'd likely stay more than 4 to 6 months a year. The pollution is a real dampener on things. 

• Thanks 1

After reading all this negative crap I have to smile. I love Thailand. I’m leaving in an hour to get a two hour massage at discovery place the prices went up. It’s now 140 an hour so for two hours, including the tip 300. Bht Caught in America. They probably cost me about 180 $200 value for money L O L I live in a new two-story house three bedrooms three bathrooms and a cul-de-sac gated community pays for Wi-Fi water and gas. I rented the same house in America. It cost me four times what I pay here. Life is good in Thailand. TIT

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

After reading all this negative crap I have to smile. I love Thailand. I’m leaving in an hour to get a two hour massage at discovery place the prices went up. It’s now 140 an hour so for two hours, including the tip 300. Bht Caught in America. They probably cost me about 180 $200 value for money L O L I live in a new two-story house three bedrooms three bathrooms and a cul-de-sac gated community pays for Wi-Fi water and gas. I rented the same house in America. It cost me four times what I pay here. Life is good in Thailand. TIT

Wow...you give only 20 baht tip for 2 hour massage?

• Haha 2

On 10/6/2024 at 9:20 AM, amykat said:
On 10/1/2024 at 7:10 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's not about the money.

For me it's living amoungst the most beautiful, polite, friendly, easy going people in the world.

It's the food, the weather, the beaches, the country, it's amazing.

Sadly, but good for me, some of the young Thai women get pregnant to a deadbeat father who leaves before or shortly after the birth of their child, now the young mother needs to leave her child with her parents, go to the city to work, now she must pay monthly rent for accommodation, electricity, water, pay costs for commuting to and from work, buy clothing for her and her newborn, food for her and her newborn, monthly payments to her mother (child's guardian), for caring for her child etc., because Thailand does not provide this young mother a single mothers pension, or Social security payments or even garnish of the fathers wages as done in the west. 

Sadly the costs for the above adds up, now this beautiful, petite, very young woman must look elsewhere for a better paying job, she now has a debt so most times must work in the sex industry to make ends meet. 

That’s a pretty long winded way of saying you are here for the hookers, but I guess you want to make it sound like charity?

Where the <deleted> did I say anything about hookers?

Strange comment. 

My girlfriend has a baby to a deadbeat Thai guy. He left her and his baby shortly after her baby was born, he very, very rarely gives her money for baby food etc, 

I'm very lucky, she is young and beautiful. She loves her baby and I'm sure she has feelings for me, she tells me everyday.

I take care of her, she sends money to her mother every month for caring for her child in Isaan. We've been together for over 2 years, since we met she has had a few jobs as she travels to Isaan once a month for a few days. At the moment she is working at a department store here in Pattaya, I provide accommodation for her, it's not expensive. 

She comes from a very poor family, her house has 4 walls (one big room) she is very grateful for what I do for her and has told me many times she doesn't know where she'd be without me. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

she is very grateful for what I do for her and has told me many times she doesn't know where she'd be without me. 

She would obviously be in a better place if I came into her life and offered more money.

And you lose your turn.

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

She would obviously be in a better place if I came into her life and offered more money.

And you lose your turn.

Why are you being nasty, commenting with hate. 

I told you earlier dude, get some help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Why are you being nasty, commenting with hate. 

I told you earlier dude, get some help. 

it's not hate it's reality.

Pattaya, baby, Farang sponsor. you think you're special?

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

it's not hate it's reality.

Pattaya, baby, Farang sponsor. you think you're special?

Mate,....I said earlier that you've been burnt and holding a grudge. 

I was replying to a strange comment, I was describing my situation, nothing to do with hookers. 

What did I say to make you think I'm special? 

I said I was lucky, I am very lucky, she is a wonderful person. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mate,....I said earlier that you've been burnt and holding a grudge. 

I was replying to a strange comment, describing my situation, nothing to do with hookers. 

What did I say to make you think I'm special? 

I said I was lucky, I am very lucky, she is a wonderful person. 

Your situation? "Mate" you are in the sex capitol of the world, sponsoring another Thai man's child and most likely his wifey while she goes back to Isaan "for work".

You are very lucky indeed. 

Edited by Celsius

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Your situation? "Mate" you are in the sex capitol of the world, sponsoring another Thai man's child and most likely his wifey while she goes back to Isaan "for work".

You are very lucky indeed. 

OK, I understand, you are looking for excuses. 

I hope you get well soon. 

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

Wow...you give only 20 baht tip for 2 hour massage?

Of course..... how else this;

"I live in a new two-story house three bedrooms three bathrooms and a cul-de-sac gated community pays for Wi-Fi water and gas."

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

My girlfriend has a baby to a deadbeat Thai guy. He left her and his baby shortly after her baby was born, he very, very rarely gives her money for baby food etc, 

I'm very lucky, she is young and beautiful. She loves her baby and I'm sure she has feelings for me, she tells me everyday.

I take care of her, she sends money to her mother every month for caring for her child in Isaan. We've been together for over 2 years, since we met she has had a few jobs as she travels to Isaan once a month for a few days. At the moment she is working at a department store here in Pattaya, I provide accommodation for her, it's not expensive. 

Looks like you deadbeat #2 and she's just a f.... date to you:

"I provide accommodation for her, it's not expensive."

IF you are not, pls, take care of the kid and mother and start living together. THEN come to brag about it.

There's are many here who are honest about dating for sex. Nothing wrong with it when both agree to it. I've done booty calls too when lonely and horny 2am and they come, have a good time but never ask for money. Maybe because they know I always give "gas money" or gifts w/o asking.

But you pretend to be some kind of savior for underpaid Thai girls in bad situation is nothing to brag about. Think about that poor kid far away... did you even went to see him?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Looks like you deadbeat #2 and she's just a f.... date to you:

"I provide accommodation for her, it's not expensive."

IF you are not, pls, take care of the kid and mother and start living together. THEN come to brag about it.

There's are many here who are honest about dating for sex. Nothing wrong with it when both agree to it. I've done booty calls too when lonely and horny 2am and they come, have a good time but never ask for money. Maybe because they know I always give "gas money" or gifts w/o asking.

But you pretend to be some kind of savior for underpaid Thai girls in bad situation is nothing to brag about. Think about that poor kid far away... did you even went to see him?

Omg, I've woken up all the haters.

Another guy who's been burnt. 

Have a miserable life fella's. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Omfg, I've woken up all the haters.

Another guy who's been burnt. 

Have a miserable life fella's. 

What is your definition of being burnt? You seem to know a lot about it, so please do post.

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

My girlfriend has a baby to a Thai guy. He left her and his baby shortly after her baby was born, he very, very rarely gives her money for baby food etc, 

How much does she give her Thai boyfriend each month ?

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

How much does she give her Thai boyfriend each month ?

Thai boyfriend, no have. 

I'm her boyfriend, she gives me no money.

Do you mean the child's father? 

They never speak, she sends him hostile messages occasionally asking for money. 

Why would she give him money, she should be receiving money for child support. 

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

Thai boyfriend, no have. 

I'm her boyfriend, she gives me no money.

Do you mean the child's father? 

They never speak, she sends him hostile messages occasionally asking for money. 

Why would she give him money, she should be receiving money for child support. 

Hahahahaha, she has you hook line and sinker !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Hahahahaha, she has you hook line and sinker !

I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm not on any hook, she's free to go if she chooses, I'm free to end the relationship.

She's employed, her salary goes towards food and clothing for her and her child, a little bit of money for her mother, transportation for commuting. I provide accommodation, we live together.

Her ex (child's father) lives and works in Samut Prakan.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST