What free and new online tools would be useful for your life in Thailand?

MichaelJackson

Hey guys, I am planning to make a good travel online tool for everyone, and I need your help! What main issues you face when living in Thailand, and wish that these magical online tools just exist to help you with your life in Thailand. Please let me know and I really appreciate your thoughts 🙂 

• Confused 1

Not sure any new tools are needed.  For those that know how to research, and actually do, shouldn't have any issues.   More than enough resources already available.

Our main research source for going O&A (out & about) ...

... Google Maps (hotel & restaurants)

... cross referenced with booking.com for hotel

... cross referenced with wongnai, foursquare for restaurants

Usually just rely on Gmap & booking.com, as reviews are usually pretty dependable, especially those reviewers with 50+ reviews on Gmap.  Eliminates overly positive reviews from family & friends, or negatives from competitors.   Photos are important for both.

Can't think of any other sources.  Occasionally TAT for any events & festivals, info usually lacking.   If something interests, then there's probably a FB page with more info, hopefully.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 1

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure any new tools are needed.  For those that know how to research, and actually do, shouldn't have any issues.   More than enough resources already available.

Our main research source for going O&A (out & about) ...

... Google Maps (hotel & restaurants)

... cross referenced with booking.com for hotel

... cross referenced with wongnai, foursquare for restaurants

Usually just rely on Gmap & booking.com, as reviews are usually pretty dependable, especially those reviewers with 50+ reviews on Gmap.  Eliminates overly positive reviews from family & friends, or negatives from competitors.   Photos are important for both.

Can't think of any other sources.  Occasionally TAT for any events & festivals, info usually lacking.   If something interests, then there's probably a FB page with more info, hopefully.

Thanks for your thoughts on this! Then I am not sure what to make. 😅

Do some very niche thing.

For example I'm a dog owner and it is almost impossible to travel with dogs. 90% of booking site don't have info about pets. And 10% that provide it is either inaccurate - where on site you find out they don't allow dogs. Or incomplete, where you find out they allow only dogs under 10 kg etc. Same with restaurants. It's also hard to find what to do in places, because places like temples, private beaches, water parks etc etc will not allow pets.

So niche app would be for people traveling with pets. Verified hotels that allows pets, full info including extra fees and limits. Also restaurants, cafe etc. allowing pets. And places to visit that allow pets.

Something niche like that.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Jeff Reinstad said:

Do some very niche thing.

For example I'm a dog owner and it is almost impossible to travel with dogs. 90% of booking site don't have info about pets. And 10% that provide it is either inaccurate - where on site you find out they don't allow dogs. Or incomplete, where you find out they allow only dogs under 10 kg etc. Same with restaurants. It's also hard to find what to do in places, because places like temples, private beaches, water parks etc etc will not allow pets.

So niche app would be for people traveling with pets. Verified hotels that allows pets, full info including extra fees and limits. Also restaurants, cafe etc. allowing pets. And places to visit that allow pets.

Something niche like that.

Ditto with this suggestion, as also travel with dog (10kg), and that's hard enough.  Those with larger pets face more obstacles. 

Luckily have Thai wife, and she phones the hotels/guesthouses to find accommodations for us.  The couple 'pet friendly' travel sites are very lacking;  BringFido & another one ? ... both lacking, and poor info.

Gmaps better source, IF, someone reviews that has a pet.

Booking.com has some info, but must verify, size & pet charges, if any.  Along with many not listed as pet friendly, will accept if you call & ask.  Which requires a cross reference with Gmap, to get their Ph#.

A few state pet friendly, but are not, and didn't update info.

One good accurate site / app would be very nice 👍

Edited by KhunLA