'Damning non-answer': Vance refuses to acknowledge Trump lost the 2020 election

36 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Most of the Trumpers here won't answer the question, either.

I will 

He lost. Should just admit it and move on.  Other issues are more important and helpful to win this time.

The only moment from the VP debate that mattered

Vance’s “damning non-answer” on the 2020 election exposed the true stakes for democracy in 2024.

Oct 2, 2024

At the end of the vice presidential debate, Gov. Tim Walz asked Sen. JD Vance a pointed question: Did Donald Trump lose the 2020 election? Vance’s response: “Tim, I’m focused on the future. Did Kamala Harris censor Americans from speaking their mind in the wake of the 2020 Covid situation?”

There is a clear right answer — that the 2020 presidential election was in fact legitimate — and Vance refused to offer it. It was, as Walz immediately noted, “A damning non-answer,” one that showed viewers who JD Vance is and what he stands for.

Ultimately, every issue discussed earlier that night comes in second to the fundamental question of whether America’s democratic institutions deserve to endure. On that question, Vance truly is radical, and his exposure as such was the only truly important moment of the night.

https://www.vox.com/politics/375285/vp-debate-vance-walz-democracy-2020-who-won

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Interesting that one of the words came out of Vance's mouth in response was "Censorship!" - to excuse his "damning non-answer." Then the refusal to engage, "We've talked about it, I'm happy to talk about it further - " but not right now, not right here at the debate, right Vance?

It's Vance's own "Haitians are eating dogs and cats" moment. That question shouldn't have caught him off-guard. Or maybe he didn't prep, a la  Trump?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mdr224 said:

I think the last election wasnt legit. I dont think its legit this time either, but as trump says, make it TOO BIG TO RIG. trump in a landslide would make a statement to the MSM that they have no power

What grade are you in?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

70% of Repubs, 53% of Independents and millions of Dems still doubted the results as late as 2023.  Lot of us still do.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/03/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-think-2020-election-illegitimate/index.html

But then, HRC is still claiming 2016 was stolen.

46% of Republicans used to believe the ridiculous pizzagate theory! 😀

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, mdr224 said:

I think the last election wasnt legit. I dont think its legit this time either, but as trump says, make it TOO BIG TO RIG. trump in a landslide would make a statement to the MSM that they have no power

Asking a MAGA cultist for proof is futile. They're cult members and facts aren't important. In fact, it's like sunlight for vampires.