Bruce Springsteen's Call to Action: Endorsing Harris, Criticizing Trump

Social Media

image.png

Bruce Springsteen, known as "The Boss" for his influential role in American rock music, has thrown his support behind the 2024 Democratic ticket, offering an impassioned endorsement of Vice President Kamala Harris and Minnesota Governor Tim Walz. In a video shared on Instagram, Springsteen, who is 75, expressed the importance of the upcoming election, which he described as “one of the most consequential elections in our nation’s history.”

The video, lasting around three minutes, shows Springsteen in a cozy, New Jersey-style diner, clad in a plaid flannel jacket—a familiar look for the iconic musician. In his message, he showered praise on Harris and Walz while simultaneously delivering sharp criticism of Donald Trump, the Republican candidate for the 2024 presidential race. Springsteen did not hold back, saying, "Donald Trump is the most dangerous candidate for president in my lifetime." He highlighted concerns that Trump’s approach to governance endangers core democratic principles. “His disdain for the sanctity of our constitution, the sanctity of democracy, the sanctity of the rule of law, and the sanctity of the peaceful transfer of power should disqualify him from holding the office of president ever again,” Springsteen added, echoing concerns shared by many liberal commentators.

Springsteen also took a moment to reflect on the current state of division in the country, lamenting the deep fractures in American society. He pointed out that America is more "politically, spiritually and emotionally divided" now than at any other time since the Civil War. Despite the grim tone, Springsteen offered a note of hope, saying, "It doesn’t have to be this way," suggesting a more unified future is possible.

In the video, Springsteen enumerated what he believes are the fundamental values that "make America great." Beyond its military and economic power, Springsteen highlighted qualities like "freedom, social justice, equal opportunity, and the right to be and love who you want" as the true pillars of American greatness.

A consistent supporter of Democratic candidates over the years, Springsteen’s endorsement was not unexpected. He has previously backed John Kerry, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden, always standing firmly in the corner of the Democratic Party. Now, as the 2024 election looms, Springsteen has once again made his political leanings clear by endorsing Harris and Walz. "Everybody sees things different and I respect your choice as a fellow citizen. But like you, I’ve only got one vote. And it’s one of the most precious possessions that I have," Springsteen remarked, emphasizing the personal significance of his vote. He concluded by saying, "That’s why come Nov. 5, I’ll be casting it for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz."

Interestingly, the friction between Springsteen and Trump is not new. On the campaign trail, Trump has made it clear that he is "not a huge fan" of Springsteen. In a speech delivered in Atlanta in August, Trump noted that he only tends to like people who like him, acknowledging, “I have a bad trait” in reference to the mutual lack of admiration between the two. Despite this, Springsteen remains undeterred, using his platform to rally his fans and fellow citizens to action, urging them to vote in a crucial election that could shape the future of the nation.

Based on a report from NYP 2024-10-05

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

Opra Taylor Springsteen………4.1% unemployment booming economy an ex AG running =for real law and order……building our alliances defending democracy……thanks for the boost boss!!

• Like 1

Kid

metalish-rap-rocker-turned-country-music-grifter has been seen with the two-time popular vote loser. In fact, Rock performed at the end of the 2024 Republican National Convention (because, honestly, who else was going to do it?) and Trump appeared in a video announcement at the beginning of some Kid Rock shows in 2022. Oh, and there’s the time that Kid Rock claimed that Donald Trump asked him for advice about North Korea and ISIS, which is both idiotic and 100% believable.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems he lost his brain after retiring, or did he retire because he lost his brain?

Bruce Springsteen is not retired.

The way political campaigns operate, they try to win a day. Enough such wins, and their numbers go up, and they win the campaign.

Trump hasn't won a day in a couple of months.

BTW, Magic Johnson endorsed Kamala Harris today. You have probably never heard of him.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Because Social Media thought you might care is my guess.

Love the photo in the avatar though

Thank you. My uncle Erasmus Jordan Smy******* A cantankerous character of dubious lineage and a very unforgiving man, but a patriot through and through.