Marriage visa renewal

Hello

My marriage extension expires 21 Dec.  I will only be in country 18 November-12 December due to work. When is the earliest I can renew my extension?  I will be out of Thailand until into January.

Thanks

10 -11 of December should be ok for application but they might want to come and interview you in the meantime whilst you are not here,  maybe tell them you won't be here and give a date they can come and interview you at home once returned from work.

• Thumbs Up 1

At my immigration offices, I have to apply 4 weeks before the NoN-O extension expires. Earlier is 'no can do' and later, a few days before the extension expires is also 'no can do, too late'. The under-consideration period is usually 30 days for me, once I did get the new extension just 2 weeks after submitting all the documents. 

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, baneko said:

Hello

My marriage extension expires 21 Dec.  I will only be in country 18 November-12 December due to work. When is the earliest I can renew my extension?  I will be out of Thailand until into January.

Thanks

You can apply up to 30 days prior to your current extension expiry date, 45 days early at some offices.

You must be back to collect the extension stamp at the end of the 30-day under consideration period.

You'll also require a re-entry permit to cover the under consideration period.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pathum Thani is 45 days, plus a home visit few day's after I made my extension application. 

Example if I apply for my extension on a Monday my wife will get a phone call on the Tuesday to arrange the home visit time within a day or two.