Surprised no reaction from BYD owners on this forum

stratocaster

7 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

You do realise that a dealer price is more than you will get when you trade it in or sell it privately?

An 8+ yr old car sold in Thailand will get you very little ICE or EV. Everyone going on about depreciation of EVs fails to look at ICE car depreciation.

EV cars are getting cheaper, that's a good thing in my mind, cheaper to buy new or used, it gets more people into EVs and destroys the barrier to entry "EVs are too expensive" 

The main difference between EV and ICE depreciation is the huge price reductions on EV's

We have seen nearly 50% price reduction on MG ZS EV and B340,000 now when a brand reduces prices in such manner it increases the standard depreciation that occurs due to age and mileage

And majority of EV brands are now offering huge price reductions

mainly due to oversupply and lack of demand and unable to export due to not meeting the 40% local content requirement for ASEAN FTA

We are not seeing the same oversupply in the ICE market as while the domestic is currently depressed they are selling exporting overseas

In August 2024, 86,066 finished cars were exported

Pickup trucks 48,201 units, accounting for 56% of total exports, down 14.07% from 2023. 

ICE passenger cars 22,677 units, accounting for 26.35% of total exports, an increase of   16.11% from 2023. 

HEV passenger cars 3,516 units, accounting for 4.09% of total exports, an increase of   351.93% from 2023. 

11,672 PPVs accounted for 13.56% of total exports, down 4.66% from 2023.

The last known huge price reductions on ICE vehicles that I am aware of  was in 2020 when Chevrolet decided to exit Thailand and sold their remaining stock with price reductions of 50%

https://www.mreport.co.th/news/statistic-and-ranking/555-thailand-automotive-export-2024-august

1 hour ago, brfsa2 said:

I have a 5kW solar system without battery, because they are way overpriced here. so, what I do, I use my car as the battery!

I basically charge every day during the day at low speed, using a portable 2kWh charger to make sure most of my production goes to the car battery, when the car is not home, it goes back to the grid at 2.2THB.

my card battery stays most of the time between 30% and 80%. 

Can the car power your house during a power outage?

16 minutes ago, wimpy said:

Can the car power your house during a power outage?

Actually it can, along with heat up your water kettle for a cuppa ... when you feel like chilling in Nakhon Nowhere ... :coffee1:

Provide AC all night, while you snooze in it, without the worry of carbon monoxide poisoning. @7:20 of 2nd vid

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Thai salespeople for Chinese companies can absolutely be trusted. 

I guess you don't buy any cars in TH, as there aren't many Thai auto makers here.  There's the low spec'd Thai BEV truck maker .... oh crap :cheesy:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Since having only 1 inverter system, I really should prep for the worst.  Or it gives me a reason to go O&A, and just have our installer sort it out. 

House key is under that rock, sorry, no beer in house.  I got plenty of extension cords :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2024 at 2:18 PM, retarius said:

Ever think why the tax on imported vehicles is so high?

"Time to Rebalance the Wheels in Thailand’s Green," Automotive Policy Published 26 Jul 2024. 

• Thailand has offered tariff-free preferences to Chinese EV makers since January 2012 under ACFTA. In contrast, the tariffs of EVs imposed on Japan and South Korea are much higher at 20 and 40 per cent, respectively. 
  • Chinese EV makers are thriving in Thailand due to the country’s tariffs and incentives, but industry incumbents are struggling (Japan, South Korea, EU).

14 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

This is my setup 

WOW, Thank you so much for the video! I have been wondering how to use the V2L for a house. 

You have really cool setup of over there!

How do you ensure no power is sent to the car via the V2L? is that handled by your Inverter or by the switch? 

I never have major power outage in Bangkok, the MEA have recently upgraded all the power lines with those new super tall steel poles. my Voltage is always 233-236V even at high load.

But in my country side home, power outages are very regular! planing for a setup like yours in the future with some batteries, ability to use V2L. 

Because I have a Huawei setup, I don't think I can attach any battery, would have to be the very expensive huawei ones. they are going for 140K THB for just 7kWh, and the 14kWh is 250K THB !!!! that's insane. 

Did you do all that setup yourself or you hired some of it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

"Time to Rebalance the Wheels in Thailand’s Green," Automotive Policy Published 26 Jul 2024. 

• Thailand has offered tariff-free preferences to Chinese EV makers since January 2012 under ACFTA. In contrast, the tariffs of EVs imposed on Japan and South Korea are much higher at 20 and 40 per cent, respectively. 
  • Chinese EV makers are thriving in Thailand due to the country’s tariffs and incentives, but industry incumbents are struggling (Japan, South Korea, EU).

Yep, most EVs from Korea are still expensive here. They are really good thou... I really love The Hyundai IONIQ 5, that would be my next car. I just love cars that the driver can enter from either side and doesn't have that bulky center consoles blocking my long legs 🤣 

no money for the IONIQ 5 N, but that car is a serious beast ! 

3 minutes ago, brfsa2 said:

How do you ensure no power is sent to the car via the V2L? is that handled by your Inverter or by the switch? 

There are 2 different connectors. The car is powered by plugging in the wall charger.

Once the V2L is connected power can only go one way and that is out of the car into the "grid connection" on my off- grid inverters.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, brfsa2 said:

Yep, most EVs from Korea are still expensive here. They are really good thou... I really love The Hyundai IONIQ 5, that would be my next car. I just love cars that the driver can enter from either side and doesn't have that bulky center consoles blocking my long legs 🤣 

no money for the IONIQ 5 N, but that car is a serious beast ! 

I really like the Ioniq 5 too - such a great looking car. Seen a handful on the roads.

I wonder how much the "N" version will cost when/if they release it here. For sure will be way more than any performance BYD. But it is very very cool.

Edited by josephbloggs
typo