Train Passengers Flee in Panic as Locomotive Catches Fire in Kabin Buri

IMG_6551.jpeg

The incident unfolded at Kabin Buri Railway Station on October 8, as passengers on board a train bound for the station fled after the locomotive caught fire just before arriving at the station. Firefighters were called to the scene as the locomotive burst into flames.

At approximately 12:00, emergency services were alerted to a fire at Kabin Buri Railway Station, located in the Kabin Buri District of Prachinburi Province. Fire trucks were dispatched to the incident.

When authorities arrived at Platform 1, they found the locomotive 4204, of train No. 281, traveling from Bangkok to Kabin Buri, ablaze. The fire had started while the train was approaching the station, with thick smoke and flames pouring from the locomotive. The sight left passengers on the train in a state of panic, following recent events with the bus tragedy.

Once the train came to a halt just outside of the station, the train conductor and station staff attempted to douse the fire using extinguishers. However, their efforts were unsuccessful, and firefighters from the Kabin Buri Municipality and local rescue teams had to intervene. After approximately one hour, they managed to control the fire, but not before the locomotive had suffered damage. The train had been scheduled to depart from Kabin Buri Station at 13:25.

According to the train conductor, the cause of the fire remains unknown. The train had been operating normally until it neared Kabin Buri Station, at which point the fire was discovered in the locomotive.

Sumalee, a passenger at the station, described the moment of terror: “I was waiting for the train to stop when I saw smoke and flames coming from the locomotive as it pulled into the station. I was so shocked I immediately jumped off the train and alerted the station staff.”

Authorities are continuing to investigate the cause of the fire. Fortunately, no injuries were reported.

Picture and video from train passengers.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-09

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Thanks 1