Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

CharlieH

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

The sadder one's are the older fellas who will come for a couple of weeks, fall in 'love' with a gal half their age, sell up everything and move to Thailand.

I did that, but gave away rather than sell.

What's wrong or sad with doing that?

Edited by BritManToo

Don't assume the thinking and culture is like whatever you call home. It's not!

If you don't know her culture and she does not know your culture then there will be many moment when you clash - because each of you assumed that the other partner knew what to do in situation x, y and z.

Yes, they know how to react in their culture.

And that is best case scenario where you both play fair and really want to live happily together.

On 10/9/2024 at 12:18 PM, BritManToo said:

I paid 300kbht for the house deposit, then 10kbht/month for her mortgage.

The monthly repayments aren't any more than renting the same house.

A net loss to my total assets of 7,500GBP, I guess if you're working as a Thai schoolteacher that might be significant.

Man and here I thought you were smart with women....certainly after your UK divorce.

At no point in my life did i ever give a woman (Western or Thai) 300,000 baht or paid mortgage for a house I will never own.

How come you learned absolutely nothing from your previous divorce? The mortgage I pay is the same as rent is a pathetic excuse of a man being submitted.

33 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

I will trade all my money for Py and fun here than in America or Western Europe...why?  Better ROI!  Common Sense!

Paying for it in the USA not really an option. It's fraught with danger and crime. A real risk of getting robbed or stabbed by her or a pimp, especially if you're older. The deed is usually done in cars or cheap motels, not your home.

Edited by JimTripper

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

Man and here I thought you were smart with women....certainly after your UK divorce.

At no point in my life did i ever give a woman (Western or Thai) 300,000 baht or paid mortgage for a house I will never own.

How come you learned absolutely nothing from your previous divorce? The mortgage I pay is the same as rent is a pathetic excuse of a man being submitted.

I can understand if you're poor, and have limited income, you may not wish to share. But I have plenty and might as well spend it before I'm dead.

Edited by BritManToo

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can understand if you're poor, and have limited income, you may not wish to share. But I have plenty and might as well spend it before I'm dead.

That is a pretty lame reply considering you are defrauding UK government to get the tiny pension increases.