Converting 60 day Visa to Retirement

26 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Thanks but I think you have entirely misread my question.

It's answered in the very first reply in the thread he linked

"You should apply for non O with 15+ days remaining on your permission of stay". 

Edited by Pattaya57

Non O can be applied for with minimum 15 days remaining on permission of stay from visa exempt entry.

Note some offices require longer 

CM 21, Phuket 15 working days etc

Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only.

Process outlined here 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311886-visa-exempt-to-retirement-extension-process-and-cost/

Note: Jomitien were asking for 800k in bank for 2 months prior to application for non O.

The actual rule is 800k on day of application (no seasoning) 

On 10/9/2024 at 7:29 AM, Upnotover said:

15.  And have a read here.....

In my original post, I said about being unable to obtain the necessary visas, even though I had 800,000 baht in the bank.  That didn't change.  Immigration wanted 2 months seasoning, so I had to go to an agent.  The agent wanted 2 months seasoning also; when I asked why, the answer was, "Immigration wants money".  It cost me 25,000 Baht for 90 day Non-O and 1 year extension.  Expats are bottom of the food chain; even the Soi Dogs are better thought of.

On 10/10/2024 at 2:52 PM, Moti24 said:

In my original post, I said about being unable to obtain the necessary visas, even though I had 800,000 baht in the bank.  That didn't change.  Immigration wanted 2 months seasoning, so I had to go to an agent.  The agent wanted 2 months seasoning also; when I asked why, the answer was, "Immigration wants money".  It cost me 25,000 Baht for 90 day Non-O and 1 year extension.  Expats are bottom of the food chain; even the Soi Dogs are better thought of.

assume this was Pattaya?
my bad, replied before i read all the  posts>
ur lucky ur there, anywhere lese it would be 35,000 ++

Edited by zzzzz

39 minutes ago, Moti24 said:
23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Was that at Jomitien immigration office?

Yes! 

Jomitien is the only office that I'm aware of that requires the 2 month seasoning for the non O (retirement).

In hindsight obtaining the non O outside of Thailand would have solved that issue. 

You mention that you ended up using an agent.

You will need to use agent again for next extension in 12 months time. 

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

Yes! 

They do this for both retirement and marriage-based Non-O Visas in the Jomtien office. 

Many have experienced the person in that little side-office showing a piece of paper with 15.000 Baht on it, then tearing it up.  Perhaps they only take money via the agents, now.  They have been allowed to break the rules on this since before I arrived over a decade ago.  I went to Laos for my Non-O, instead. 

I was then punished /  blocked on my 1-year extension by the "family-extension" crew asking for "additional documents" repeatedly at every application - so I went back to Laos and got a Non-O-ME Visa (only available for marriage-based).

Jomtien is a good office for retirement extensions (not the initial visa) and tourist extensions - but horrible for Non-O Visas and Thai-marriage extensions.