CNG and LPG vehicles face crackdown after tragic school bus fire

snoop1130

1 minute ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

This will take every Bangkok taxi off the streets immediately. But I feel sure the available qualified inspectors will work quickly.😀

Now that is a Tall order lots  of overtime

would you not think they would do this in stages  Thai logic !!

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

all vehicles equipped with compressed natural gas (CNG) or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tanks to undergo immediate inspection.

IMO a long time coming! Typical Thailand, always reactive to disasters rather than proactive to try and prevent them.

6 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

IMO a long time coming! Typical Thailand, always reactive to disasters rather than proactive to try and prevent them.

Yes tend to agree but its a start  on an education in Safety 

• Thanks 1

I have worked in the Oil & Gas industry for over 30 years and there is no one within that industry that I know who would have a gas propelled vehicle. We know the dangers of gas and they outweigh the benefits, if any, that they provide.

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

I have worked in the Oil & Gas industry for over 30 years and there is no one within that industry that I know who would have a gas propelled vehicle. We know the dangers of gas and they outweigh the benefits, if any, that they provide.

Gas Vehicles are world wide the system is well documented as Safe as long it is maintained correctly 

1 minute ago, MikeandDow said:

Gas Vehicles are world wide the system is well documented as Safe as long it is maintained correctly 

No they are not. Get a rupture in the tank even a small one and they can explode. Petrol does not do that. If in the same condition as new true they are safe but that is never the reality of their use.

8 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

No they are not. Get a rupture in the tank even a small one and they can explode. Petrol does not do that. If in the same condition as new true they are safe but that is never the reality of their use.

Lets get some facts in regard to Natural gas  If you worked in the oil and gas industry you should know this Natural gas as any gas, petrol, need to mixed with oxygen before it   ignites  Natural gas is harder to ignite that petrol  Natural gas will not ignite if it flows onto a hot surface petrol will   If there is a leak natural gas will not ignite with out an ignition source Petrol will ignite without a an ignition source if it get hot. if a gas system is maintained correctly there is no problem  and I don't think the world is going to stop using Gas power vehicle soon

32 minutes ago, Captain Flack said:

Some bickering posts have been removed, please discuss the topic not each other.

surely bickering is the reason many come here? possibly have a 'bickering forum', where they can bicker away to their hearts content?