Coming to Thailand

5 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

There is no "been here too much" legal-reason for denial. 

Immigration have published guidelines which include refusal of entry for repeat VE entries.
If they consider the purpose of your visit is not solely for tourism purposes, they can refuse entry.

On 10/13/2024 at 9:47 AM, NanLaew said:

Correct. The basic biodata of name and date of birth will reveal one's entire immigration record and previous passports.

However.

I came in on a Temporary US Passport earlier this year, and they wanted to also see my Invalid (hole punched) passport which I conveniently brought. They looked at my prior visas and extensions. 1 minute. Have a good time.

lets summarize this then:

• There should be no problem entering visa exempt for OP after being out of Thailand for 4 months.
  • Having a Tourist Visa would improve odds considerably.
  • A new passport will probably not have any effect (but it could, since the IO would not have to scroll through several pages of stamps and start to get concerned).
  • To guarantee entry, there are several services available (for a price).
  • With any questions on arrival it's a good idea to have clear itinerary, accommodation, 20k baht cash etc.

• Airline at departure may/will require proof of onward flight.

• If denied entry, there is a chance that you could be sent to a neighboring country (if you are guaranteed entry in said country). In other cases, you will be sent home to your home country at your own expense.

44 minutes ago, raz0r21 said:

Airline at departure may/will require proof of onward flight.

I'd just add that for that onward flight to be of any use if entry we're denied, ensure that flight departs from the same airport you land at.

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Immigration have published guidelines which include refusal of entry for repeat VE entries.

Guidelines following MFA 60 day visa exempt implementation?.............please provide link.