Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

Georgealbert

IMG_6644.jpeg

Pattaya City Police, in collaboration with officials from Bang Lamung District on October 9, raided a house in Soi Land Office, Nong Prue Sub-district, Bang Lamung District, Chonburi Province, and arrested nine foreign nationals for illegal gambling.

The raid followed reports from local residents who had alerted authorities to an ongoing illegal poker game at house number 388/36, Moo 10. Acting on this tip, police officers staked out the location. Once the door was opened, officers stormed inside, catching the group of gamblers, comprised of both European and Asian nationals, completely off guard as they were engrossed in a game of poker.

In total, nine players were arrested, alongside one dealer and a housemaid who was serving food at the time of the raid. Authorities seized gambling paraphernalia including a poker table, chairs, 37 decks of cards, poker chips used in place of cash, and a small amount of money.

The arrested individuals included three South Korean nationals, two Americans, two Australians, one Russian, and one British citizen. The dealer, a Thai national, was also taken into custody. All suspects, along with the confiscated items, have been handed over to investigators for further legal proceedings.

Authorities have emphasised their ongoing efforts to crack down on illegal gambling activities in the area.

Picture courtesy of Sophon. Video from Daily News.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-10

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Haha 2

dumb as f**k!

How are they (policemen) going to justify illegal "storming inside" private property?

Foreigners playing cards are not guilty in anything until the legal case is/was opened and legal accusations were made.

Gambling is not same-same playing, that's as dumb as "working" and other "lost in translation" jokes.  

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

dumb as f**k!

How are they (policemen) going to justify illegal "storming inside" private property?

Foreigners playing cards are not guilty in anything until the legal case is/was opened and legal accusations were made.

Gambling is not same-same playing, that's as dumb as "working" and other "lost in translation" jokes.  

You're trying to apply western legal logic. These guys were flat out breaking the law and the BiB make the laws here.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You're trying to apply western legal logic. These guys were flat out breaking the law and the BiB make the laws here.

I won't argue. BiB are making the law here. But only on their playgrounds in their sandboxes.

Until it comes to the court room and judge sees all discrepancies and false statements from BiB and fake witnesses. Been there saw it myself. 

Many foreigners scare sh*tless of them and that is their only lucky card.

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

raided a house in Soi Land Office,

Not a good choice of location. 
Government officials everywhere and a chronic lack of parking would have made it obvious something was going on. 

Anyway, off to the lockup. The local ladyboys will show them another form of poke her.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

I won't argue. BiB are making the law here. But only on their playgrounds in their sandboxes.

Until it comes to the court room and judge sees all discrepancies and false statements from BiB and fake witnesses. Been there saw it myself. 

Many foreigners scare sh*tless of them and that is their only lucky card.

What am I missing? Gambling is illegal in Thailand and police raids are not.  This wasn't a hiso bridge club with affluent Bangkok Thais present.   

Where have you been and what did you see?  Where did the police hurt you? Show us on the doll. 

KEWPIE-medium_large.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Not a good choice of location. 
Government officials everywhere and a chronic lack of parking would have made it obvious something was going on. 

Anyway, off to the lockup. The local ladyboys will show them another form of poke her.

That made me laugh out loud.....thank you.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Gambling is illegal in Thailand and police raids are not.

playing cards is not "gambling" until proven.

27 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

What am I missing?

Few years in secondary school? 

31 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

playing cards is not "gambling" until proven.

Few years in secondary school? 

And poker chips?  Ok Matlock.  Why don't you use your cutting wit to defend these clowns?  Maybe it will be televised.