Insurance for lady - not approved

Ste78

How do you know that was the reason?

As far as I know insurance companies rarely explain why they do what they do.

An agent might say this and that is the reason, and likely he is just guessing, he also does not know.

I guess it should not be difficult for her to apply again maybe in a few month. I think 50kg should be no problem - that is my guess. And as long as she does not visit something official at the same time (i.e. just weighted in a hospital with 43kg) then I think a little lying shouldn't be a big issue. Maybe invite her for the big Sunday brunch. 

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

An agent might say this and that is the reason, and likely he is just guessing, he also does not know.

I guess it should not be difficult for her to apply again maybe in a few month. I think 50kg should be no problem - that is my guess. And as long as she does not visit something official at the same time (i.e. just weighted in a hospital with 43kg) then I think a little lying shouldn't be a big issue. Maybe invite her for the big Sunday brunch. 

Insurance companies in Thailand ask for many official documents. If she said her weight was 43kg and a few months later she claims she is 50kg I am sure the insurance will ask for official letter from a hospital confirming this.

And then as TIT she may be blacklisted forever.

If you’re not married and the insurance company is not subject to oversight by the regulator (ie officially authorized to sell to Thai people) then that could be why.

It could be one of the many Ponzi schemes that pay claims out of premiums.

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

she explained in details what was the BMI result and the normal range.

Actually she even offered to go together to the hospital for a visit, very kind.

The OP is short on details.

If you're applying for $5 million of life insurance for someone making 300 baht a day...

Of course that's an exaggeration, but the gist is there.

I'd also be open to the possibility that there are other factors that the nice lady wouldn't want to reveal to the foreign boyfriend.  But that's my mind wandering, and I'm not inclined to speculate.