Pattaya sees rise in independent Chinese tourists amid decline in group tours

webfact

image.jpeg
Mayor Poramet Ngampichet stated that Pattaya has seen a significant increase in independent Chinese tourists during the recent Chinese National Holiday, despite a decline in group tours. He emphasized the city’s proactive measures to ensure tourist safety as the high season approaches.

PATTAYA, Thailand – Mayor Poramet Ngampichet announced a significant increase in independent Chinese tourists visiting Pattaya during the recent Chinese National Holiday. However, the number of group tours from China has dropped by more than half.

This decline is attributed to China’s recent policy encouraging domestic travel and the impact of recent flooding in Thailand, which has affected group bookings at various hotels.

Despite the reduction in group tours, many independent Chinese travellers opted to visit Pattaya, contributing to the city’s vibrant tourism scene. As the city enters its high season, local authorities are taking proactive measures to ensure the safety of tourists, particularly in entertainment venues. Efforts are being made to enhance fire safety and overall emergency preparedness.

By Pattaya Mail

Full story: Pattaya Mail 

-- 2024-10-11

news-footer-3.png

image.png

I don't know how things are in Pattaya, but I know 4 or 5 Chinese people in Bangkok who are buying or renting nearly all the property they can find and then rent them out to Chinese tourists.

They have approached us several time to rent or buy units in our building

14 minutes ago, petedk said:

I don't know how things are in Pattaya, but I know 4 or 5 Chinese people in Bangkok who are buying or renting nearly all the property they can find and then rent them out to Chinese tourists.

They have approached us several time to rent or buy units in our building

Been happening for the last 5 years or so (Ie it started pre-covid) in the moobaan I am in near Central/north Pattaya.

Also seems to be a lot of Korean money going into restaurants and possibly some developments.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Mayor Poramet Ngampichet stated that Pattaya has seen a significant increase in independent Chinese tourists during the recent Chinese National Holiday, despite a decline in group tours.

Last year 10 came, this year one came back.... wake up and smell the coffee.

It has always been the case that FIT (free independant travellers) tourists are far wealthier than those in big tour groups. 

I see a lot of young Chinese and Korean guys hooking up with young and pretty Thai girls. They are monied up, often own property and like Thai and other East Asian food. They are a more attractive proposition for the girls than Western men over 50 who like a drink and eat pie and chips at Hungry Hippo and Cheap Charlies. 

There are plenty of young Chinese ladies who travel in small groups together. 

Popping over to Pattaya for a long weekend is a very attractive proposition from cities in China that are mostly between 2 and 4 hours away by plane.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Last year 10 came, this year one came back.... wake up and smell the coffee.

I realise you don't live in Pattaya but are you suggesting this is negative news ?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, champers said:

It has always been the case that FIT (free independant travellers) tourists are far wealthier than those in big tour groups. 

I see a lot of young Chinese and Korean guys hooking up with young and pretty Thai girls. They are monied up, often own property and like Thai and other East Asian food. They are a more attractive proposition for the girls than Western men over 50 who like a drink and eat pie and chips at Hungry Hippo and Cheap Charlies. 

There are plenty of young Chinese ladies who travel in small groups together. 

Popping over to Pattaya for a long weekend is a very attractive proposition from cities in China that are mostly between 2 and 4 hours away by plane.

Yes, but those women were never going to be with farangs anyways. The Chinese and Koreans aren't towing around the dark skinned ladies from Issan, so nobody is losing their turn with the women. 

20 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Yes, but those women were never going to be with farangs anyways. The Chinese and Koreans aren't towing around the dark skinned ladies from Issan, so nobody is losing their turn with the women. 

What I see at my condo complex tells me otherwise.