Shiny parquet floor polish

GiveMeAColdOne

Hi, just moved into a new condo with old Thai-style parquet floors that were buffed to a high shine.  Of course, the first time someone dragged a box it left micro-scratches in the polish.   Nothing deep or damaging, just noticeable at an angle.  I can now see exactly where all the boxes, etc. were dragged.  

Does anyone know of a wax or other polish that is good for removing these and/or for polishing the parquet floor?

2 hours ago, GiveMeAColdOne said:

Yellowtail,

This looks great and it looks like it will work.  Thank you very much!  It looks like it will improve a lot of other things also.  Can't wait to try it.

Cheers!

Good luck, and let us know how it works out. 

On 10/12/2024 at 1:45 PM, Yellowtail said:

Did you try just rubbing it out? 

I'd try this:ขี้ผึ้งขัดพื้น BOSNY 400 กรัม สีขาว (homepro.co.th)

It worked great on my wooden tool chests. 

Important to remember - if the parquet is finished with polyurethane, if you ever plan on refinishing the floor with new polyurethane, the was layer must be completely removed before applying new polyurethane. But, I suppose if the was keeps renewing it adequately, no need to re-poly, right?

2 hours ago, LAtoBangkok said:

Important to remember - if the parquet is finished with polyurethane, if you ever plan on refinishing the floor with new polyurethane, the was layer must be completely removed before applying new polyurethane. But, I suppose if the was keeps renewing it adequately, no need to re-poly, right?

I took the OP at his word that the floor had been "buffed to a high shine", which I took to mean that the floor had been waxed.

In any event, anyone painting/repainting a floor (or anything) would be well advised to make sure the surface is clean and free of wax.