How much negotiation on new bikes?

Pattaya57

On 10/12/2024 at 1:29 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Gold wheels are tacky, but Thais like gold

When buying a small bike, I really do not care about colour 🤔😂

If it's pink, I might, but any other colours for something that going to take me from a to b on daily basis, 🙅‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mityon are pretty amateurish at servicing, most people move on to better places

How could anyone stuff up a service on a scooter?

I used to do my own service on my Yamahe FJ1100 so would only send for service to keep the warranty.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How could anyone stuff up a service on a scooter?

I used to do my own service on my Yamahe FJ1100 so would only send for service to keep the warranty.

They don't even know what a service is, need to show them the book

24 minutes ago, Hummin said:

When buying a small bike, I really do not care about colour 🤔😂

If it's pink, I might, but any other colours for something that going to take me from a to b on daily basis, 🙅‍♂️ 

small bike, big bike, same same, you want something pleasing on the eye

On 10/12/2024 at 6:53 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Wheels on bikes need to be black.

Long time ago, I had a Buell with yellow wheels.

The brake dust, after every ride you have to clean them. 

I was happy with my chrome wheels on the Harley 😀

Screenshot_20211016-142250_Facebook.jpg

I know when you buy the bike the dealer will do the rego. I forgot to ask will they also do the insurance? If so, is dealer insurance any good or better to go to a broker?

Thanks

Edited by Pattaya57

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

small bike, big bike, same same, you want something pleasing on the eye

I have saved quite a bit picking bikes (3 out of 5 in Thailand) Choosing last years model and a different colour than I really liked, but at the end, the bikes did their job without a second thought later. 

The package price I got on a last year 1000cc worth 80k, was worth it. 

Edit note, did it when I bought my car to, great saving for a 2017 model bought in 2019. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I have saved quite a bit picking bikes (3 out of 5 in Thailand) Choosing last years model and a different colour than I really liked, but at the end, the bikes did their job without a second thought later. 

The package price I got on a last year 1000cc worth 80k, was worth it. 

Edit note, did it when I bought my car to, great saving for a 2017 model bought in 2019. 

Bit like a girlfriend then, not exactly what you want, but you get used to it eventually 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I know when you buy the bike the dealer will do the rego. I forgot to ask will they also do the insurance? If so, is dealer insurance any good or better to go to a broker?

Thanks

They will try to sell you/trick you/force you into buying the theft cover only but not tell you that's what it is, use a broker like AA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Bit like a girlfriend then, not exactly what you want, but you get used to it eventually 

I let you speak your mind, as useal, quite remarkable guy you are. You are picky about your brake levels on your bicycle to? aftermarked bling bling? 

Just now, Hummin said:

I let you speak your mind, as useal, quite remarkable guy you are. You are picky about your brake levels on your bicycle to? aftermarked bling bling? 

Brakes don't make you go faster, so i don't see the point in spending more for something that slows you down plus disc brakes are dangerous on bicycles

56 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They don't even know what a service is, need to show them the book

I find it pretty hard to believe that a Honda dealer doesn't know what a service of a scooter is.

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think they call that a rude awakening

Well that's your one very harsh opinion. I haven't seen anyone else say that so I guess I'll find out when I get the bike serviced

Edited by Pattaya57

31 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I find it pretty hard to believe that a Honda dealer doesn't know what a service of a scooter is.

I had problems with decent service most places around Thailand with Honda and Kawasaki big bikes. You need to physically sit there and pay attention. Some places is better managed than others, but at ones you have one mechanic at one place who do a good job, keep him. 

It comes down to if they change the filter and o ring. Especially O ring they do not care to change.

Tighten and check bolts they ignore, where I have experienced several loose bolts and lost some. 

If you’re talking about real bikes instead of upright lawnmowers, the answer is yes. Sign on the bike in the Bangkok dealership said ฿1.5 million, I walked out with it for 1.2 million baht. 
I don’t think the scooters you are talking about have enough margins since they are so cheap already that you can’t negotiate much more than a ฿200 helmet and maybe a T-shirt.

I have a small deposit on a very low kl demo big bike, but a new 2025 model has just been announced. So I’m going to try my luck for an even lower discount or squeeze them for some worth while add-ons on the demo.

• Thumbs Up 1