Dutch Tourist Hurls Objects at Udon Thani Café Staff Over Change Dispute

webfact

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A lot of people are pleasant drunks. I think drinking brings out someone's true nature, and when sober we're able to hide the ugliness better. So if somebody is a nasty human being, drinking makes it a lot worse.

A lot of us have had way too much to drink but we still behave ourselves and act in a decent and respectful manner. Drinking is NOT an excuse for bad behavior 

When we drink too much, then our brains don't work so good anymore.

It seems his friend wanted to be funny. But he was too drunk to see that. And then his only conclusion was: They want to cheat me.

Was that a reason to throw object? No.

But do I see how that could have happened? Yes.

I am peace when I am sober, and I am peaceful when I am drunk (which didn't happen recently, but I still remember it from when I was a little younger). We do things which we wouldn't do sober. Mostly harmless (in my case), but things can escalate.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

As a friend pocketed the change as a joke, Max, apparently unaware of this, accused staff of short-changing him. The heated dispute led him to violently toss a fan and ashtrays, injuring Ms. Wasithi on her right arm and the cashier, Ms. Pawina Piansabai, 34, on her leg.

And there in lay the problem, did I also read, that Max should respect Thai laws, yep, no short changing in that is there, just saying, 870 baht wasn't enough for them 🤑

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, wavodavo said:
21 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Where there on the stair ?? 

Send both of them back to the Netherlands after a month in detention centre first Typical Dutch they are the most arrogent of any race of people that I have ever met in my 85 years.!!!

Whoosh  I was referring to the nursery rhyme, 'I saw a mouse' but yes I do tend to agree the people I have had interactions with from that area and surrounding countries do seem to be quite up themselves . 

On 10/15/2024 at 6:20 PM, shackleton said:

We all know how this will  end 

He'd will pay for the damage compensation to the staff involved 💰 and a Wai to say sorry 

End of 

And so it should be.