Question Re: Extension of stay (based on Retirement - 800K Bank method)

Dear Aseannow Members, 

Was hoping for some advise from you on below. Please only serious reactions, thank you.

I will need to assist my parents with their extension of stay (based on retirement - 800 K bank method). 
Their first annual extension had been done by an agent when they were renting a short term condo during their short stay in Thailand. Due to health issues both parents had to leave Thailand and remained abroad for the remainder of last year. They are now planning to come back to Thailand (1 month prior to expiration date) to renew their annual extension of stay.

I, myself am living in Thailand and would like to assist them with the annual renewal of extension of stay (without help of agent). The idea is that my parents will live for 3-5 months or so at my place (currently renting myself). I guess I will need a TM30 / 90 days reporting and rental contract when doing their annual extension of stay (this apart of the bank letter/statements etc, which is not really the issue here). 

What I'm actually concerned about are the following; 

1. Last 90 days reporting - I can not present this, since my parents have not stayed in Thailand for longer then 90 days *(due to health issues). The TM30 is not a problem, as I can do this myself when they arrive in Thailand*(at the website of immigration - I have an account as housemaster). Do you think the lack of 90 days report is going to cause an issue here, while I have TM30 instead and can proof that parents had to leave the country due to health issues?

2. I remember for the initial Non-O (and first extension of stay) the IO was requesting a rental contract. Would this be something they will request again?
As mentioned before, I would like my parents to stay at my place, but the rental agreement however is registered in my name. Would this cause a problem? Or how to deal with that? Do I need to write a letter stating that I (the rentee) is allowing my parents to stay / live with me? Would that be sufficient? Are there any official documents/forms for that?

Any other things/documents I should consider / prepare, given the above circumstances/ situation my parents are in?

Thanking you in advance!

FB

90 day report won't be any issue.

What they will need is to show they maintained THB 800/400/800k in a bank account in their own name(s) for the current extension period.  And presumably they have re-entry permits?

• Thumbs Up 1

90 day reports are not required for extension applications.

Is it just one parent that banks the 800K and the other piggybacks as a dependant?
Since their last extension by an agent, they must be able to provide evidence of maintaining 800K for 3 months and 400K for 7 months after that extension was issued.

No problem filing a TM30 on their behalf just use the same copies of house owner's Tabien and ID card that you used.
As you're the tenant, does the homeowner agree to your parents staying. Confirmation in writing would be an asset. 

47 minutes ago, Fiskebolle said:

1. Last 90 days reporting - I can not present this, since my parents have not stayed in Thailand for longer then 90 days *(due to health issues). The TM30 is not a problem, as I can do this myself when they arrive in Thailand*(at the website of immigration - I have an account as housemaster). Do you think the lack of 90 days report is going to cause an issue here, while I have TM30 instead and can proof that parents had to leave the country due to health issues

Why would a 90 day report be due from anyone who has not stayed 90 consecutive days in Thailand?

Edited by KannikaP

OP, how long do you imagine their up coming visit will be. You mention 3-5 months is that the extent of the visit to Thailand or just length of stay at your place.

You mention use of agent.

Did they maintain the financial requirements for current extension or agent arranged that. 

Was one extension based on dependant "piggyback on on extension based on retirement.

You OP requires more details.

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why would a 90 day report be due from anyone who has not stayed 90 consecutive days in Thailand?

As pointed out by earlier replies, the 90 report is a red herring. 

• Thumbs Up 1