Visa Agent needed

1happykamper

I need to renew my non o based on retirement in Chiang Mai. Minus 800k ✌️

Please recommend the cheapest agent... Pattaya is about 13k.. The 2 agents I've contacted in Chiang Mai want 25k! 5555...for the exact same job... Renew visa 

Thanks 

Just now, BangkokReady said:

It's technically the same job, but if the immigration officers want more money, then it's going to cost more.

Yes. I understand this. Sum Tam must cost a lot more in Chiang Mai 55

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

I need to renew my non o based on retirement in Chiang Mai. Minus 800k ✌️

Please recommend the cheapest agent... Pattaya is about 13k.. The 2 agents I've contacted in Chiang Mai want 25k! 5555...for the exact same job... Renew visa 

Thanks 

According to most on here it's legal to bribe an officer, so just cut out the middle man and hand over the cash at immigration:thumbsup: Stickman quotes a friend this week paying 40k, corruption inflation! Visa's cannot be renewed, it's an extension of permission to stay

Edited by proton
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, proton said:

According to most on here it's legal to bribe an officer, so just cut out the middle man and hand over the cash at immigration:thumbsup: Stickman quotes a friend this week paying 40k, corruption inflation! Visa's cannot be renewed, it's an extension of permission to stay

Seems like Immigration Offices do not abide by the same rules.

Even the word 'legal' does not seem to have the same meaning, depending on the 'object" of the law.

So one must presume that if something is not 'legal', but does not appear to be punishable by law, it then has the 'look and feel' of something legal.

So different Immigration offices give a different 'look and feel' to the same deviation from the written and unwritten rules of law, in Thailand of course...

An unenforced law is the same as no law at all....

1 hour ago, proton said:

With no money in the bank? that's a bargain

Zero chance that Assist Thai visa charges only 7K plus govt fees when the customer cannot meet the financial requirements.  That's why he's being quoted 25K, which I'm guessing are quotes from Assist Thai Visa and OS Thai Visa.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

Zero chance that Assist Thai visa charges only 7K plus govt fees when the customer cannot meet the financial requirements.  That's why he's being quoted 25K, which I'm guessing are quotes from Assist Thai Visa and OS Thai Visa.    

7k for filling a form in then, and pushing in front of the line-what a joke

Edited by proton

1 minute ago, proton said:

7k for filling a form in then, what a joke

More like 7K for filling in a form and you skip the queue at Immigration.  

That said, if you meet the financial requirements, there are agents who charge half that - and for that price, I pay to skip the line.

Avoid agents as long as you can. 

Basic check of your bank account will make you a full-fledged criminal, time and ban.

Unless you can "prove" that money are/were there you f***d-up

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Avoid agents as long as you can. 

Basic check of your bank account will make you a full-fledged criminal, time and ban.

Unless you can "prove" that money are/were there you f***d-up

Some think paying bribes for an extension they are not entitled to will go on forever, could end as soon as fake border runs did 20 years ago.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, proton said:

Some think paying bribes for an extension they are not entitled to will go on forever, could end as soon as fake border runs did 20 years ago.

Don't want to go into details and meaningless discussions, but as one old and smart knun Thai told me - if your extension is not legitimate than you are fully responsible for consequences.

Not "agent Jimmy" not "agent Apple" not "khun Pooi-Pooi" <<<< it is you and only you. 

They won't do "internal investigation for corruption" (well, yes they will, but very internal, under carpet) while you'll enjoy rotten fish and rice'n'sand in a slammer. And (if you're not old enough) occasional intercourse. 

Edited by NativeBob
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Really?   Can you quote one instance, just one, of that ever happening in the 30+years that the service has been openly available?

22 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

if your extension is not legitimate than you are fully responsible for consequences.

If the extensions are issued by legitimate Immigration officers (who have discretion re requirements), at a legitimate Immigration office then the extension is legitimate.

27 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Not "agent Jimmy" not "agent Apple" not "khun Pooi-Pooi" <<<< it is you and only you. 

They won't do "internal investigation for corruption" (well, yes they will, but very internal, under carpet) while you'll enjoy rotten fish and rice'n'sand in a slammer. And (if you're not old enough) occasional intercourse.

Got something to back up that nonsense?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, proton said:

Where the passport went across the border whilst  the foreigner remained in the bar?

😁

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Where the passport went across the border whilst  the foreigner remained in the bar?

😁

Yes several got caught out by that being stopped, a certain visa agent and former forum owner used to do it round the corner from soi Cowboy!

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If the extensions are issued by legitimate Immigration officers (who have discretion re requirements), at a legitimate Immigration office then the extension is legitimate.

When will people get it through their heads that an extension issued from a province you do not live in is NOT legitimate because it has not met the legal requirements of you living there. Ignoring money in the bank IS legal but only doing so when bribed to is corruption. I would be more concerned with an out of province issued extension as that has been done ILLEGALLY.

Very well for lucky retirees who happily "outsmart the system". After all - it is their choice. 

I only shared my opinion that I got from thai person I trust for many years. No discussion needed and "smart arguments". 

Besides, there's strange fat brit Collin lives nearby - he is simply on many years of overstay, happy and kicking (teaching). Everybody lives their own life.