• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Harris Holds Narrow Leads in Key Battlegrounds, Trump Ahead in Others

2. 0

China Live Fire Military Drills Raise Tensions in the Taiwan Strait

3. 0

Sexually Assaulted by Al Fayed: Paul Gascoigne's Daughter Reveals in Interview

4. 0

Confronting the Ideology of Terror: A Call to Action

5. 0

Creative Public Proposals on NHS Reform Spark Debate in National Consultation

6. 0

Trump on Fox News Stands by Claims About Missing Geese in Springfield

7. 0

Suspect Arrested Over Alleged Islamic State Plot to Attack Israeli Embassy in Berlin

8. 0

Obama’s Criticism Highlights the Party’s Strained Relationship with the Black Electorate

9. 0

Putin’s Propaganda Chief Boasts of Russian Influence on U.S. Elections

10. 0

Virtual Prisons and Community Punishments: A New Approach to Criminal Sentencing

11. 12

Europe’s Migration Policies: A Quiet Shift Toward Trump-like Toughness

12. 20

Recommendations for Hotels and Things to See in Hanoi

13. 25

Israel's Decapitation Operation: A Game-Changer in Middle Eastern Conflicts

14. 1

In UK. How to marry gf and bring her here to live without myself travelling?

15. 1,778

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

US Visa for Thai Citizen - Do they have an Undisclosed Quota.

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

I thought it was your "friend's" partner.

If you are lying on applications like you are lying on forums then perhaps start from there as why the visa was denied.

The applicant us not my partner; I was referencing the fact I am unmarried, I fully financially support her. My income and assets are in the UK and she has assets if 10m+ Baht in Thailand......and she has multiple visas.

1 hour ago, Phillip9 said:

You said previously it was your friend's partner and she had only been to 4 countries.....

This guy is just another troll making stuff up.  

This thread should be closed.

You would like to think that but the Mods know differently.

Read my previous post and improve your comprehension.

On 10/18/2024 at 3:18 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

It has always been difficult for single women to obtain a visa to visit the US.

Not having significant formal employment works against her. Her partner's UK bank balance doesn't evidence strong ties to Thailand.

She might have a better chance of success if she were able to demonstrate that her partner has been in Thailand for a number of years and either owns a company or has a good job. In such a case, being legally  married to her partner would probably help.

Good luck.

My 48 year old WIFE, house owner, fairly new auto owner, wanted to take our daughter back to the US for college (already accepted) but the consulate too indicated that she really had no reason to return to Thailand as she didn't have a job.  I have been in Thailand since my retirement 20 years ago.  Therefore, daughter is a sophomore at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok.  US consular folks are a strange group for sure.  Meanwhile, at that same time they recommended filing for a green card - which we did - guess  the timing with Afghan evacuation - therefore over 500K backlog in immigration - they were at that time only being able to process 35K  a month. Yessir, took them over a year to approve MY WIFE! while they let in millions of illegal and foreign legal  immigrants who plan on staying there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

My 48 year old WIFE, house owner, fairly new auto owner, wanted to take our daughter back to the US for college (already accepted) but the consulate too indicated that she really had no reason to return to Thailand as she didn't have a job.  I have been in Thailand since my retirement 20 years ago.  Therefore, daughter is a sophomore at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok.  US consular folks are a strange group for sure.  Meanwhile, at that same time they recommended filing for a green card - which we did - guess  the timing with Afghan evacuation - therefore over 500K backlog in immigration - they were at that time only being able to process 35K  a month. Yessir, took them over a year to approve MY WIFE! while they let in millions of illegal and foreign legal  immigrants who plan on staying there!

Six years ago, my wife was able to obtain a visa in order to accompany our eldest daughter to the US to start university. The consular official asked about my length of stay and employment in Thailand and to see my passport. She did not have my passport with her, but apparently they were satisfied with her answers and approved her application.

About twenty years earlier, before we were married, she was able to get a visa to visit the US. I provided a letter on company letterhead (US multinational) stating that I would ensure her return and I also provided a letter from the executive director of one of the foreign chambers of commerce stating that I was a member and asking for "due consideration" for her application.  Without this, I don't think they would have given a twenty-something single Thai female the time of day. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2024 at 6:39 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

It may not seem very fair, but that's how US visa issuance works.

Significant employment in Thailand or business ownership are factors that indicate a likelihood to return. This applies to the applicant and spouse/partner if there is one, especially if the spouse/partner isn't Thai.

If there had not been so many people that obtained a visa to visit the US and then failed to return this wouldn't happen.  It has happened in many other countries too, once in the US there is no immigration checking to see where they are as is a must here.  That is why there are so many illegal immigrants flooding the US as they know they might never get caught.  Just saying.  That they need local employment or ownership as stated here is usually the key answers for a successful visa.

7 hours ago, Presnock said:

Absolutely disgraceful.

13 hours ago, Presnock said:

If there had not been so many people that obtained a visa to visit the US and then failed to return this wouldn't happen.  It has happened in many other countries too, once in the US there is no immigration checking to see where they are as is a must here.  That is why there are so many illegal immigrants flooding the US as they know they might never get caught.  Just saying.  That they need local employment or ownership as stated here is usually the key answers for a successful visa.

The last figures l’ve read from Homeland Security indicated that less than 1.5% of those entering the US using a Visa or under the VWP fail to leave on the first or subsequent visits, l accept with the numbers visiting that is a lot, but is it excessive, l don’t know.

The ICE staff l’ve had contact with over the years have told me that there is indeed checking, enforcement and detention of Immigration Offenders, with a lot of offenders being removed, l will concede that it’s been a few years since I’ve been in regular contact, but I’d be surprised if there were no checks carried out now.