Rule change at Chiang Rai Immigration.

Set up a daily direct debit from that account to another, in the amount of 5 baht, then do the same in reverse. At year end, ask the bank for a print out of the account activity and give it to Immi when you extend your visa. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

In those years, a six month bank statement has been sufficient

Assume you mean photocopies of all pages back till start of current extension (12 months).

The 6 month statement being an added extra.

CW now wants 12 month bank statement if you have some months with no activity or where there have been consolidated transactions.

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

At year end, ask the bank for a print out of the account activity and give it to Immi when you extend your visa. 

What account activity? 

Immigration will accept 12 month of bank statements no need for a "5b transfer scheme".

Some offices will accept just the photocopies of pages back till issue of current extension. Along with copy of first page showing account name and account number. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What account activity? 

Immigration will accept 12 month of bank statements no need for a "5b transfer scheme".

Some offices will accept just the photocopies of pages back till issue of current extension. Along with copy of first page showing account name and account number. 

Just to prove the daily balance never dipped under the required amount and also to annoy them.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Assume you mean photocopies of all pages back till start of current extension (12 months).

The 6 month statement being an added extra.

CW now wants 12 month bank statement if you have some months with no activity or where there have been consolidated transactions.

Correct.

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I do hope that you didn't speak to him like that in real life 

I did not. It's OK to think of them as half-wits following stupid and ever-changing rules, is it not?

Why the need for photocopies, bank letters and bank statements, when the bank book alone tells the complete story?

I have a theory the paper generated by officialdom in Thailand ends up being recycled as the fibre component of health snacks in every 7/11.

Edited by Lacessit

2 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Just to prove the daily balance never dipped under the required amount and also to annoy them.

Very poor idea. Bit of a nonsense.

Immigration will accept one transaction each month. 

In most immigration offices the bank book photocopies will be sufficient.

Some want 12 month bank statement. 200b on the spot or up to a week for BBL

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Very poor idea. Bit of a nonsense.

Immigration will accept one transaction each month. 

In most immigration offices the bank book photocopies will be sufficient.

Some want 12 month bank statement. 200b on the spot or up to a week for BBL

One point that concerns me.

The bank officer said the 12 month statement will be from October 1 2023 to October 21 2024, the date my extension application is dated.

I will not be able to go back to Immigration until the 28th or 30th.

Will the bank statement still be accepted as valid?

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Will the bank statement still be accepted as valid?

Yes.

Keep in mind that you also have your bank book. 

Bank letter (not 12 month statement) along with Bank 12 month statements accepted up to 7 days prior to application.

Apart from that some immigration offices require activity and update on day of application. 

That will not marry with letter and statements. No problem.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Set up a daily direct debit from that account to another, in the amount of 5 baht, then do the same in reverse. At year end, ask the bank for a print out of the account activity and give it to Immi when you extend your visa. 

You think the  bank is going to let me do thirty odd debits and credits a month of 5 baht  without charging any fees?

What are you smoking?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You think the  bank is going to let me do thirty odd debits and credits a month of 5 baht  without charging any fees?

Bit off topic but banks have certain number of transactions per month,then they can consolidate entries.

Apart from fees it's the last thing you should do. 

Been like this at Chiang  Mai for a few years now ,Ching rai just

catching up , not a problem ,unless you use Bangkok Bank ,then

you have to get statement from head office Bangkok ,can take 

up to 7 days, they say.

regards Worgeordie

A bit off topic, but I have 800K in the BB account, 750K in a Kasikorn account. I can easily top up the Kasikorn account to 800K, and leave it untouched.

If I use the Kasikorn account for future extensions, will I be able to get a 12 month statement without a delay of a week?

If I have the 800K in the Kasikorn account PRIOR TO my next extension, can I use that account for proof of funds on succeeding extensions?

So many rules, just to boost the employment numbers.

Edited by Lacessit