Thailand Urged to Tackle Foreign Influence in Tourism Business

webfact

21 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Thai law, tourism businesses must be owned and operated by Thai nationals, with Thai shareholders holding at least 51% of any such company.

We want your money/investment but we don't want you.... just finance the operation, staff it with Thai nationals and you have a nice time back in your own country.

• Agree 1

On 10/22/2024 at 12:06 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

The year was 2013, sometime around June/July, that the inundation began.

Why are the Chinese coming here?

They come here to buy a house, educate their children, and live here, making places like Chiang Mai their home.

Many of these have a final goal in mind, though, which is to educate their children in an international school in Thailand, and then leave as soon as possible for places like....The USA, maybe Japan, and possibly the UK.

Most of the Chinese have much more money than is needed to live in Thailand.

And they want to buy the best environment for their family and children, most likely somewhere OTHER than Thailand.

Thailand is just a steppingstone to better lives elsewhere.

There was a movie, Lost in Thailand (2012?), that for some reason made the Chinese fanatical about coming....

15 minutes ago, Sig said:

There was a movie, Lost in Thailand (2012?), that for some reason made the Chinese fanatical about coming....

a.  You are correct. I recall that time in 2013...very well. I asked my Chinese friends about it, in fact.

b.  By the way, I truly enjoy my Chinese friends who are now living in Chiang Mai.

c. I have no Farang friends.  ONLY Thai friends, Chinese friends, Cambodian friends, and Burmese friends, and...LAO PENG YOU...Old Friends....

And, for me, this is really the way that it SHOULD be...

I don't get it... hotels needs to be paid... right?  restaurants too... free hotel rooms ? free food ?     they want foreigners to invest...well if they own the 49% as by law. what is the problem?  that those russian, indian, chinese tourists go eat in their restaurants, to support their country?