Finding true love caring partner

5 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I can't understand why New Zealand doesn't have overseas old age pension like Australia???

So all you Kiwis over 67 getting the Old age pension can't leave to live overseas ???

Think the problem is him previously living most of his life outside of NZ.

Apparently they reduce your overseas claimed pension by 1/40 for every year you lived outside NZ.

15 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Narcissists are the ones that look at relationships as transactional. There are many that look for trust, companionship, care, shared times and a future together as partners and not someone to use or gain from. 

Cool story bro but if you stay in Patts a LOT of 'real hate sion ships' ARE transactional - literally.

After a few years of that you could come to see realationships as.... transactional.

Wouldn't necessary make you a narcissist (a word thrown about a lot nowadays) - maybe just a clear eyed realist ina country with more practical and less romantic notions of how people realte to one another.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You can't find love in Pattaya 

You can find anything you want in Pattaya if you have money. Sounds like he doesn't really offer much to a potential mate here. No money, no youth, no looks - it's a pretty tough sell. You're right- he might fare better in Philippines as age disparity is less of an issue there, and the economic disparity is greater which makes him more of a "prize". He could probably find an older lady here (think somtum seller types), but unlikely what he's seeking. Good luck.

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I broke my arm in a scooter accident about a year ago, and spent a night in hospital.

My GF slept on the floor next to my bed, to take care of me. She brought me food from outside as the hospital food was inedible.

Maybe she's 100% reliant of you financially.

Not saying it's definite but could be a factor in her devotion.

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Thailand is cheaper than the west but you just can't move here and expect a good life living of an aged pension. 

You need money to enjoy yourself, go out to restaurants, travel, shopping. This is what you need and much more to have a healthy, liveable life. 

Perhaps I should explain why life in LOS would be better for me to give some context.

Don't need a car which is very expensive to buy, maintain, insure and make legal.

It's always warm to hot

Doctors don't cost the earth to see for 10 minutes. The health service isn't broken.

Medication is available without a prescription,

Accommodation is cheap

Movies are cheap

DVDs are cheap

Restaurants are cheap ( as long as not a nob )

Food is cheap

Girls are actually pretty, and not land whales.

Travel by bus or train in LOS is cheap

One can stay on a beach without being a millionaire.

Street life is entertaining.

Many other positives about LOS.

Just now, BruceWayne said:

Not quite, but pretty close.

That's OK, she gives back in many ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Hummin said:

it is not possible to find love there, but you need to have something to offer the ladies. A home, a future, respect and be a decent man. 

Cute jow you didn't mention it but...

MONEY NUMBER ONE!, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 ,6,7, 8, 9, 10... and so on...

Just now, Lacessit said:

What I posted was an opinion, based on my experience here. You would probably need to move out of your circle of Bible-bashers to get the same experience.

So the rabbis and mullahs brainwash children, and Christianity does not? Get real.

What you call common sense is belief, with no science to back it up. Some of the nuttier sects even try to deny the evidence of evolution.

You believe there is a life after this one. I believe there is nothing, make the most of this one, because it's all we get. We'll see who is right soon enough.

I'm not in a circle of bible bashers. I just believe from faith and common sense. Teaching, again, isn't brainwashing. There are specific reasons people stop believing in God, or possibly they were never taught as children, which is when most hear about him. Some have had religion forced on them by abusive parents, and as soon as they got out of the house, that hatred towards their parents went along with the non belief of God. Everyone rebels from parents, but when a parent loves and treats a child with love, care, respect and no abuse, that child is more likely to follow the parent's guidance.

Some have lost a loved one and think God was to blame, so they turn away. Some believe in scientists, who say evolution happens. It doesn't matter if it did or not.The fact is, the universe could not have happened by itself. Scientists have said it was a big bang, but a big bang doesn't create matter from nothing. God made all things happen, including this big bang, a creation, and he had a plan which anyone can see. Some are so closed minded and can't look at the miracles of life itself, from the brain and how it works to all the different species of plants and animals that co-exist here, and that all we need to survive in life just happens to all be here on earth, a certain distance from the sun. All from nothing? Hardly.

You don't need science to back up what common sense shows us. God made those scientists and half of them believe in God anyway. Again, you can believe there's nothing after this life, and we will all find out, but imagine a world of people thinking like you do, doing anything they want with no repercussions either here or after. A world full of people who can kill those who have hurt them and steal, rape and pillage, knowing since there's no afterlife, who cares? Kinda lucky so many have the fear and faith in God.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BruceWayne said:

I had a bar girl do the same with me, but I wasn't sick. I spotted her from my balcony and went down to check on her.

After that she would sleep at my feet when I was on a chair, bring me gifts.... No money involved nor offered.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:
2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You can blame Dan about Thailand, he's always broadcasting how cheap it is to live in Thailand. 

Thailand is cheaper than the west but you just can't move here and expect a good life living of an aged pension. 

Rubbish. I could have a 1000% better life in LOS if I got the pension there

Enjoy your stay in Flybird condominium. 

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

IMHO Narcissists are people who believe in God.

They are never responsible, it's always God, and when they need advice the voice in their head gives it to them.

Actually it's more likely a narcissist, by their actions, either don't believe in God or aren't following what his word preaches. Their idea in life, learned from an abusive , neglective or spoiled childhood, is that people are to be used, cheated on and left, like they are objects without feelings or needs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Think the problem is him previously living most of his life outside of NZ.

Apparently they reduce your overseas claimed pension by 1/40 for every year you lived outside NZ.

That's wrong, and nothing to do with it. Zero to do with a reducing rate. I did live outside NZ too long to get the pension in a country without a bilateral pension agreement, as I have to have 5 years full time in NZ after 50, and I didn't, which I didn't realise. I think Australia has a similar residential requirement. I can live in the UK with the pension as there is a bilateral pension agreement, but why would I want to live in the UK as a pensioner? After 5 years I can get the pension in LOS, but at a lower rate than here. Unfortunately my health isn't good enough to do so.

NZ doesn't have any sort of contributary pension. Once 65 or whatever the age is now, one gets the full pension in NZ, even if one never paid any tax.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

I can say the same thing, waiting for you to post data that supports your 99%. It's wrong, and if you read what I posted, it wasn't my words and can easily be researched. As far as God, no one has evidence he doesn't exist and looking at what the universe has, common sense shows it could only be created and was part of a plan. I worship God and not a man made religion. Teaching children about God isn't brainwashing but educating them. Free will means you can always choose your thinking and actions. Sexual abuse isn't limited to priests as anyone who is well read and watches the daily news knows. This isn't about religion anyway. You believe what you want and you'll find out the truth when you pass, as we all will.

Go easy on him Fred, he believes there was a 'big bang' and somehow the space dust from the mystery bang came alive and his ancestors were monkeys (which could be correct tbf).

I guess it helps him sleep at night when thinking of all the bad things he's done while inching closer to to death.

:-))))

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Providing = Paying. What are you actually 'providing'? You do write some nonsense at times.

Providing isn't the same as paying. When you're with someone you love, you do whatever it takes to protect and care for them. You can be providing a home for her and your children, food, clothes, bills paid, other necessities and pleasures. If your mindset is that you're paying for this, then you look at a relationship as a transaction, where you need to get something back for what you pay. A relational relationship means you provide because you love them, want them happy, safe, protected, healthy and in a good place where they'll learn life lessons. If she believes the same way, she is also a relational person, and not one that thinks you're only there for your finances. Many of course are like this, and greedy behavior only breeds more of the same. This is why I said finding a real relationship is the hardest thing anyone can do, because many go into relationships thinking what it can give them, and not what they can bring. If what I post is nonsense to you, that shows you can't understand thinking beyond your own self. People might all be transactions to you. They aren't to me, and I'm not near alone in this thinking.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Why so nasty? There's quite acceptable budget accommodation around. There's a place near mine for a mere 4k monthly. 40 sq. m. plus and some with sea view. 

Personally, I think earning decent money has skewed your sense of reality and your moral compass. I think it disgusting to mock someone for not being wealthy. Wind your neck in...mate.

I agree  ,these entitled Australian baby boomers had it so good.

Retired on big Superannuation funds a lot of them.

Never knew what hard work was 

And here's me struggling working for the Australian Government on a pittance !

Edited by georgegeorgia

14 minutes ago, BruceWayne said:

Cool story bro but if you stay in Patts a LOT of 'real hate sion ships' ARE transactional - literally.

After a few years of that you could come to see realationships as.... transactional.

Wouldn't necessary make you a narcissist (a word thrown about a lot nowadays) - maybe just a clear eyed realist ina country with more practical and less romantic notions of how people realte to one another.

I did agree with his feeling that in Thailand, most are transactional, as this is a poor country where women have been fed a lot of BS about us and think that's all we're here for. Living in tourist areas, I'm sure that's exactly what goes on and how most think.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

IMHO Narcissists are people who believe in God.

They are never responsible, it's always God, and when they need advice the voice in their head gives it to them.

It's the opposite.  Narcissists are often people who believe they ARE god.

Most narcissists know what they are though thy often bury it deep in their shadow.

Acting consistently like a c*** whilst believing in karma/reincarnation or heaven/hell is too much cognitive dissonance for the wretches so atheist it is. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think the elderly can find love anywhere, nobody wants us, not even our children.

But if you have a bit of money, you can buy a facsimile of love in SEA.

If your family doesn't love you and avoids you then it may just center around the way you have conducted your life and the relationship you had with them. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Providing isn't the same as paying. When you're with someone you love, you do whatever it takes to protect and care for them. You can be providing a home for her and your children, food, clothes, bills paid, other necessities and pleasures. If your mindset is that you're paying for this, then you look at a relationship as a transaction, where you need to get something back for what you pay. A relational relationship means you provide because you love them, want them happy, safe, protected, healthy and in a good place where they'll learn life lessons. If she believes the same way, she is also a relational person, and not one that thinks you're only there for your finances. Many of course are like this, and greedy behavior only breeds more of the same. This is why I said finding a real relationship is the hardest thing anyone can do, because many go into relationships thinking what it can give them, and not what they can bring. If what I post is nonsense to you, that shows you can't understand thinking beyond your own self. People might all be transactions to you. They aren't to me, and I'm not near alone in this thinking.

A lot of words to cover that you are paying and that she is financially dependent on you. 

You've just moved a woman into your place and you are paying for everything. That's the reality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Why so nasty? There's quite acceptable budget accommodation around. There's a place near mine for a mere 4k monthly. 40 sq. m. plus and some with sea view. 

Personally, I think earning decent money has skewed your sense of reality and your moral compass. I think it disgusting to mock someone for not being wealthy. Wind your neck in...mate.

Well look who it is, Mr Ivegotnomoney to go out and enjoy myself or find a nice woman to spend the afternoon with so I'll sit behind my warrior keyboard and pester other members. 

Get off the keyboard mate, get outside, find some friends to talk with, get a hobby.

What you are doing is unhealthy and not normal, bouncing from different threads annoying everyone. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I should of out this in the Pattaya section but I didn't.

So don't harp on about it what's done is done !!

Anyway I was in a bookshop cafe today a few expat farangs were telling me that they lived alone ,let me say it again ,lived alone in a room ,by themselves 

I asked them if they were lonely all denied it of course, except one who went on to tell me he would love to have a REAL partner but living in Pattaya is not the place to look for REAL Relationship.

So...the moral of the story is...these men retire from other countries to come to Thailand for a MORE exciting life 

Several months later they are actually LONELY 

They go back to their rooms after a day out or night out ...and ...as one said to me ...he has no one 

I wanted to HUG him ..I started to have tears in my eyes as were the only ones left in the book shop cafe 

He invited me back to his room in the FLY BIRD Condo 

I declined  but decided to go after he was crying ,he said he wanted to show me pics of his now grown up children who are hard to contact .

Don't answer there WhatsApp 

His wife died of cancer in the UK , 71yo now lives alone in the Flybird Condo 

I went back a small room type like a motel room only longer 

No air conditioning 

I said what do you do after you come back here to the Flybird after a day of drinking ,he said Watch TV then sleep 

I told him to leave Thailand and go to the PHILIPPINES to find a partner,I said I will arrange his flight

He didn't look to keen ,I said you are LONELY in Pattaya right ,you won't find a partner here !

He then asked if he could bring a Filipino partner to Pattaya to live ,I said yes you must for your health 

He looked happy 

He wanted someone to be waiting for him at home each night when he came back to cook for him ,to care for him 

He wanted LOVE and someone to CARE for him 

I have and will help him to go to the Philippines 

You can't find love in Pattaya 

Is it really your place to decide to relocate someone? Based on some of the posts you've made I think giving someone an opinion is about as far as you should go. I think the decision to change someone's life that drastically should be left up to them to decide.

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I will certainly,it's unfortunate an old man like me worked 40 years and has come to this !

Mate, you own property in Sydney and your floor mopping job earns you around $80 an hour. 

You are wealthier than most here. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I did agree with his feeling that in Thailand, most are transactional, as this is a poor country where women have been fed a lot of BS about us and think that's all we're here for. Living in tourist areas, I'm sure that's exactly what goes on and how most think.

That's what happens when you mix with a certain demographic and then extrapolate that to the whole of Thailand.

Just now, NowNow said:

A lot of words to cover that you are paying and that she is financially dependent on you. 

You've just moved a woman into your place and you are paying for everything. That's the reality.

Assuming like a few here, that you know what I'm doing in life or with my girlfriend. I help her, she helps me. My ex wife was financially dependent on me, and lost because of her behavior. You really don't understand the concept of providing over paying, so best to let it go. Look back at your own childhood. Did your father pay for everything or was he providing for his family. Were you a pet or a son? Was your mom a slave or a wife? Do you not understand what a husband and father's roles are?

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Well look who it is, Mr Ivegotnomoney to go out and enjoy myself or find a nice woman to spend the afternoon with so I'll sit behind my warrior keyboard and pester other members. 

Get off the keyboard mate, get outside, find some friends to talk with, get a hobby.

What you are doing is unhealthy and not normal, bouncing from different threads annoying everyone. 

I have a real girlfriend. No need to buy my company and to call that a girlfriend. She's not your girlfriend mate. You are her Sugar Daddy. Keep it real.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Assuming like a few here, that you know what I'm doing in life or with my girlfriend. I help her, she helps me. My ex wife was financially dependent on me, and lost because of her behavior. You really don't understand the concept of providing over paying, so best to let it go. Look back at your own childhood. Did your father pay for everything or was he providing for his family. Were you a pet or a son? Was your mom a slave or a wife? Do you not understand what a husband and father's roles are?

I really love your posts Fred 

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

She didn't lose. She got rid of you.

I understand the concept, but this woman is neither your wife nor the mother of your children. You are just paying out for your company. Dress it up however you like it.