Pattaya Beach Becomes Littered with Debris, Threatening Its World-Class Image

webfact

19 hours ago, RayWright said:

If Pattaya was a world class resort, then Beach cleaning would be done daily at least as standard. Same for Jontien and the beaches further south.

Obviously it isn't otherwise the council would be making a big deal of their prestigious Beach Cleaners. 

It's been a few years but I used to live in a condo right on Pattaya Beach and every morning I would sit on my balcony with my morning coffee and enjoy the beach and ocean view.  And, every morning,  Pattaya Beach was cleaned.  The tractors would start by Dusit and work their way south. 

Spouse and I still drive by the beach probably once a week on our way to Central Festival or after leaving T21 and the beach has always been clean so I think the cleaning is still being done.  If there was recent trash it might have been from a storm since we are still in the rainy season.   Someone posted photos of the beach a few weeks ago on a thread regarding shade trees and the beach looked litter-free.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, connda said:

Compared to Mexico and Hawaii, I've never considered any beach in Thailand to be world-class.
Over-commercialized and oft times dirty - yes.  "World-class" - no.

Ko Chang has been ranked the second-best tropical destination in the world by the esteemed travel magazine Travel + Leisure....

Above Hawaii and Mexico!

Source.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, newnative said:

It's been a few years but I used to live in a condo right on Pattaya Beach and every morning I would sit on my balcony with my morning coffee and enjoy the beach and ocean view.  And, every morning,  Pattaya Beach was cleaned.  The tractors would start by Dusit and work their way south. 

Spouse and I still drive by the beach probably once a week on our way to Central Festival or after leaving T21 and the beach has always been clean so I think the cleaning is still being done.  If there was recent trash it might have been from a storm since we are still in the rainy season.   Someone posted photos of the beach a few weeks ago on a thread regarding shade trees and the beach looked litter-free.  

"Might have been from a storm"?... Farout, no flies on you sport!! Of course thats what it was caused by, mostdumb diks on here r just Pattaya/Thai bashing.

On 10/24/2024 at 7:28 AM, MalcolmB said:

It has the highest percentage of farangs and the most amount of trash and litter per sqm in Thailand.

You would like it would be the other way around.

Anutin would not be surprised.

I call on all Pattaya farangs get your ass of the barstools for a couple of hours and give the place a tidy up.

You are a disgrace.

You realize that virtually all the street trash, including cigarette butts, wash into the sea during rain storms? I'll agree that farangs drop cigarette butts in the streets, but I've never seen one openly throwing trash, but I've seen locals leaving their picnic trash everywhere.

Edited by Joebuzzz
punctuation, fix auto spelling

It has the highest percentage of farangs and the most amount of trash and litter per sqm in Thailand.

I call on all Pattaya farangs get your ass of the barstools for a couple of hours and give the place a tidy up.

You are a disgrace.

Please tell us how a guy on a barstool is throwing trash in the ocean. Does he collect it in his pockets, walk it out to the beach and give it a toss?  Maybe there's a secret farang cult, specifically for lazy farangs, going bar to bar and for a small fee will collect the cigarette butts and trash from said farangs, and dump it at the beach? 

1 hour ago, Joebuzzz said:

Please tell us how a guy on a barstool is throwing trash in the ocean. Does he collect it in his pockets, walk it out to the beach and give it a toss?  Maybe there's a secret farang cult, specifically for lazy farangs, going bar to bar and for a small fee will collect the cigarette butts and trash from said farangs, and dump it at the beach? 

Yeah smokers are the worst. 

I think street dogs also make a lot of mess, rummaging through bins.

the bins are not designed well. 

Where I am from in the UK if you saw some litter at the front of your home you would bin t.

farangs don’t seem to care so much in Pattaya.

You are a disgrace.

Well, nope. Of course the great number of tourists contribute, without a doubt. But are thais that have the habit to go on the beach nighttime to drink, eat and smoke until dawn. Have been there only with thai friends, multiple times, and never seen farang tourist around.

Edited by Alex80