Woman Dies After Car Crashes into Electric Pole in Buriram

Georgealbert

IMG_7233.jpeg

Rescue services were alerted to a car crash at approximately 20.00 on October 23, near the entrance of Khok Yai village, opposite a masonry shop in Buriram. The vehicle had veered off the road and crashed into a concrete electric pole.

Upon arriving at the scene, rescue teams from Sawang Janya Tham Foundation discovered a female victim who had been ejected through the front windscreen of the vehicle, a Mazda 3. She was thrown onto and through, the metal roof of a shop at the road side, sustaining severe injuries.

The victim was unresponsive and had no pulse. Rescuers, despite her facial injuries, were able to perform CPR at the scene before handing her over to a medical trauma team from Buriram Hospital.

Unfortunately, despite their efforts, the woman succumbed to her injuries shortly after arriving at the hospital.

Police are reviewing CCTV and speaking to witnesses, as the investigation into the incident continues.

Picture from responders.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-24

news-footer-4.png

image.png

14 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

a female victim who had been ejected through the front windscreen of the vehicle. She was thrown onto and through, the metal roof of a shop at the road side, sustaining severe injuries.

Hmmm.

They refuse to wear seatbelts. 

Oh well, it's obvious she knew better. 

The Mrs has the seat belt connected behind her back while she is driving.

I reckon it takes longer to do this. 

I've been telling the kids to always wear their seat belts in the car, it's the first thing they do after hoping in. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

Police will soon find out from dashcam video  that the culprit was the electric pole, making a quick move in front of the car. 

Also, police found a fake amulet among the debris inside the car, concluding that it likely made the impact more severe. 

Ghost of the victim confirmed the same. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_7233.jpeg

Rescue services were alerted to a car crash at approximately 20.00 on October 23, near the entrance of Khok Yai village, opposite a masonry shop in Buriram. The vehicle had veered off the road and crashed into a concrete electric pole.

Upon arriving at the scene, rescue teams from Sawang Janya Tham Foundation discovered a female victim who had been ejected through the front windscreen of the vehicle, a Mazda 3. She was thrown onto and through, the metal roof of a shop at the road side, sustaining severe injuries.

The victim was unresponsive and had no pulse. Rescuers, despite her facial injuries, were able to perform CPR at the scene before handing her over to a medical trauma team from Buriram Hospital.

Unfortunately, despite their efforts, the woman succumbed to her injuries shortly after arriving at the hospital.

Police are reviewing CCTV and speaking to witnesses, as the investigation into the incident continues.

Picture from responders.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-24

news-footer-4.png

image.png

Obviously no seat belts used

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

They refuse to wear seatbelts. 

Oh well, it's obvious she knew better. 

The Mrs has the seat belt connected behind her back while she is driving.

I reckon it takes longer to do this. 

I've been telling the kids to always wear their seat belts in the car, it's the first thing they do after hoping in. 

This issue (not wearing of seatbelts) is one that astonishes me here, especially given the widely known knowledge regarding the high death stats on Thailands roads. 

Fortunately my Wife is well onside with this and both she and our son belt up 100% of the time.

My InLaws (wifes parents) are a different matter, every time they leave our house, they never use their seatbelt, yet when I'm driving, they put the seat-belt on as soon as they get in, this stems from the first trip we ever took in my car and I simply wouldn't move until they had their seatbelts on - now the reaction is automatic. 

What also astonishes me is at my Sons school...  All the very wealthy parents turning up with their future business owners and industry leaders etc in their Alphards with private drivers...    I don't see the kids wearing seatbelts - these are well educated Thai parents, many of whom I know and were educated overseas, yet in Thailand the 'seat belt thing' simply does not register.

• Agree 1

Thais treat safety belts like their health insurance. They reckon that when they use them, nothing happens and it is a waste of time and effort. And if accident happens, well, it is their karma. When it is time for you gotta to go, you got to go. 
missus also dislike wearing safety belt unless I was the driver because she said it deforms her jugs and make her felt uncomfortable. 🙄