Digital tv box for local thai channels

villageidiotY2K

Hi folks, i was looking at fiber internet with tv package, but the price from AIS was like 699 and needs to be on 2 YEARS CONTRACT.

so i opted for 1 year contract 499 fiber only , so now im looking for digital tv which i've never purchased seperately from isp.

Below from office mate looks sound, so how does it work?

I just connect to a tv via hdmi and i could start watching local thai channels? 

does it need a COAXIAL port for this to work?

https://www.ofm.co.th/product/family-set-top-box-กล่องดิจิตอลทีวี-wisdom-dr-111-p.Y052404?utm_source=google&utm_medium=pmax&utm_campaign=ele-prn&com&utm_content=Y052404&gad_source=1&dclid=CJunkbO0pokDFXmlZgIdEa49Jg

Edited by villageidiotY2K

30 minutes ago, steve187 said:

will need to plug a digital ariel/antenna into the box, it will only give you Thai language channels

Do u means the box needs to be connected to the wall socket like below? What if u don't have the socket.? If no socket and wants to watch the tv, need to use the isp's entertainment package?1 Port Gang Wall Plate Clipsal Style FTA PAL TV Antenna Coaxial Socket White

11 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Do u means the box needs to be connected to the wall socket like below? What if u don't have the socket.? If no socket and wants to watch the tv, need to use the isp's entertainment package?1 Port Gang Wall Plate Clipsal Style FTA PAL TV Antenna Coaxial Socket White

You could get a tv box which can be preloaded, or if you have a spare smartphone can install some tv apps on that and cast to TV

1 hour ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Below from office mate looks sound, so how does it work?

I just connect to a tv via hdmi and i could start watching local thai channels? 

That is a DVBT2  box  to use it you would also need to plug in an external  old style aerial/antenna pointed at the local transmitter and tune to the local MUX's.

A couple of the channels have an option to select "original" language

mono29  , True4you ?  sometimes Thai PBS.

5 minutes ago, johng said:

That is a DVBT2  box  to use it you would also need to plug in an external  old style aerial/antenna pointed at the local transmitter and tune to the local MUX's.

A couple of the channels have an option to select "original" language

mono29  , True4you ?  sometimes Thai PBS.

could pls advice what to get if theres no aerial socket in the house? just thai tv is ok

23 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

could pls advice what to get if theres no aerial socket in the house? just thai tv is ok

You need something like this  pointed at you local transmitter  and coaxial cable connection between the antenna an the DVBT2 box

D15E.thumb.jpg.a90c33640a4c7bf1a6fc8f2ab78ba87c.jpg

SamartD15E.jpg.d74d6d9d01337ee09a5b446152b42107.jpg

Just a side note that the frequencies are from about 600 Mhz to 900 MHz  and so any antennae tuned to that band will work  fine   there is no such thing as a "digital"  antenna :tongue:

Edited by johng

With an Android box connected to your TV and wifi network  ( no antenna cable) download AIS PLAY from play store this will give you access to all Thai free to air TV channels.

Edited by norbra