Non O based on Thai child

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If you're over 50 do extension based on retirement.

If the financial requirements are too difficult then use an agent.

Surely moving Thai kids to another country is a bit dramatic..

My children have dual nationality and so do their mother, they choose to stay in Thailand, I am going to write the truth now, i have lived here for more than 20 years, thinking this country will change, never, this country is rotten with lies and corruption.  I will sell up, ex wife and the kids have a home, up to them what they do.  However that said i understand your point, but, why get a retirement visa when i am not retired?  Why have 800K in the bank for this visa when i only need to have 400K for an None O?  I am not a corrupted person, maybe that is why i really want to sell up!  THINK ABOUT IT?  THANKS.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, lch said:

My children have dual nationality and so do their mother, they choose to stay in Thailand, I am going to write the truth now, i have lived here for more than 20 years, thinking this country will change, never, this country is rotten with lies and corruption.  I will sell up, ex wife and the kids have a home, up to them what they do.  However that said i understand your point, but, why get a retirement visa when i am not retired?  Why have 800K in the bank for this visa when i only need to have 400K for an None O?  I am not a corrupted person, maybe that is why i really want to sell up!  THINK ABOUT IT?  THANKS.

Have you remarried?

28 minutes ago, lch said:

Why have 800K in the bank for this visa when i only need to have 400K for an None O? 

Having lived in Thailand for 20 years you would be well aware of income method option for extensions based on retirement.

Even though it requires forward planning as UK embassy does not income letter any more.

65k per month is hardly tying up money. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Having lived in Thailand for 20 years you would be well aware of income method option for extensions based on retirement.

Even though it requires forward planning as UK embassy does not income letter any more.

65k per month is hardly tying up money.

I have seen this blind-spot posted before.  For "the rest of us," 65K/mo is 2x more than needed to support a family of 4 comfortably in Thailand - and 3x more than needed to support a single "retired" person here comfortably.  All spending above that is on luxuries/extras. 

19 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

For "the rest of us," 65K/mo is 2x more than needed to support a family of 4 comfortably in Thailand

65k you say is twice what is required for 2 school kids and parents to live comfortably.

More like Floyd Comfortably Numb

That's not the point. The point is  income method avoids having funds tied up in bank 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

65k you say is twice what is required for 2 school kids and parents to live comfortably.

More like Floyd Comfortably Numb

That's not the point. The point is  income method avoids having funds tied up in bank 

I understand that some wealthier people view how other people live in such terms.  Many Thais live on a fraction of what I do, but I don't "look down" on them for this.  They are happier than most of my compatriots, in fact.

Expecting someone to transfer that amount every month is excessive for many who live here, so to assume everyone can is the "blind spot" to which I am referring.

31 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

For "the rest of us," 65K/mo is 2x more than needed to support a family of 4 comfortably in Thailand - and 3x more than needed to support a single "retired" person here comfortably.  All spending above that is on luxuries/extras. 

I think being retired I am living more modestly than before but this statement is insane. No way in h*ll a family with 2 kids can live on 1/3 of $65,000.  That is if you want any kind of life at all. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, marin said:

I think being retired I am living more modestly than before but this statement is insane. No way in h*ll a family with 2 kids can live on 1/3 of $65,000.  That is if you want any kind of life at all. 

1/2 for a family, is what I wrote.  32.5K/mo?  No problem. 
The 1/3 was for a single person.

Edit: "Kind of Life" is the key.  What activities are chosen beyond the basics?  Does the kid need the latest iPhone to be cool?  etc.

Edited by Rob Browder