Internet Connections In Pattaya?

naturalbornflier

I live in Pattaya and use a dial up connection...It took two months to get a phone line into my bungalow. I used Loxinfo for the first six months or so, it is easy to use and pretty cheap...A friend told me he used Asianet and it was cheaper. I now use Asianet. It is about half the price of Loxinfo.

The only catch to Asianet that I can tell is that it is good only in Chonburi while Loxinfo is good throughout Thailand...just be sure to dial up the connection in the province you are in or you will pay long distance rates.

Loxinfo, is, I believe good for one year from activation and Asianet is good for six months...none of this is a problem for me as I use up the time quickly.

I actually have both providers on my laptop...Asianet for daily use and Loxinfo in case of problems with Asianet (so far no problems) and if I take my laptop while I travel in country. :o:D

Depending on how long u are planning on staying here u could always activate one of the TT&T or TOT cheap ADSL connections. It depends on where u live of course.

There's an A-net (asia net..??? not sure) package that offers an unlimited download and time usage. The cost is 329 baht and lasts for one month after activation. It seems to be fairly good from what i've heard but some people have complained about engaged ISP returns.

At this price you could set it up as yoru main and have a loxinfo etc account for teh troubleing times u can't connect.

True, which for some bizarre reason changed it's name from Telecom Asia, has recently introduced broadband internet from 590 baht a month, unlimited. For that you get an un-guaranteed speed of 256/128. A more usual rate of 512/256 costs 750, half of what you'd pay in the UK. For the same price as the UK you'd get a blistering 3072/512. You would probably have to pay an additional 1800 baht for one of their approved modems.

This is what they claim, but I haven't tested the service yet, and I don't know if it is available in Pattaya.

True/TA is not available outside Bangkok. Any other place the cheapest ADSL available is 3,000/month (Ji-Net, 128/64) + 500 for line rental to TOT/TTT ... when at all available.

CS/Loxinfo is the most expensive dialup ISP in Thailand, and they are not better than most other. In fact, they all by law go through CAT for all traffic in/out of Thailand so get the cheapest you can. Currently that is Ji-Net, but shop around.

Both TT&T and TOT are offering 1000 baht ADSL packages.. TT&T's is shared bandwidth claimed 2Mbit and the TOT is 1000 baht for 1024/128 IIRC dont know if thats shared or not.

This is available in lots of areas where ADSL being rolled out not only BKK.. I even heard that people were getting ADSL on Phan Gan.