Puppy Linux Live

RKASA

I have downloaded and tried about 26 distros of Live Linux and found one that is working realy well. Puppy Linux 2.17 with seamonkey. As I am new to Linux I needed a live CD type and a dristro that worked so I can spend time learning. I formated an old 6 gig drive in FAT 32 and have it connected via USB. I boot with the puppy cd and after the first shut down it now reads my setting off the USB drive during start up and I have a location for saving data. I was also able to build a vertual memory on the drive to extend the RAM during operation. After using the Linux I pull the cd out shut down and reboot into XP. It never mounts the HD in my laptop because it is NTFS so everything in that drive is safe. After I restart in XP I can get things off the USB drive in FAT32 if I want a copy of it. I found it is handy to manage disks in the XP and then switch back any time. I installed a Opera 9.0 package just for the learning and it went well so now I have a choice of browsers. I seem to have a bug with the Video player, but I think a codax pack is going to resolve it. Its been fun so far and look forward to more. Anyone thinking about Linux for the first time come on in the water is fine.

Using Puppy since last year as Internet-PC at one of our restaurants, no virus, no spyware - and no complaints ever from our customers, although it's only an old 800Mhz machine. Old PC and Puppy: a really failsafe and fast solution, a reanimation for older hardware! Enjoy!