The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Wycombe Wanderers 0 Macclesfield 0........match abandoned after 23 minutes.

Luton Town 0 Bournemouth 0....................match abandoned after 8 minutes.

Why were these games abandoned ? Because of HEAVY SNOWFALL :o In October !!!

I remember in 2005 when I took my Thai wife to the UK she saw snow for the first time in November.She was really excited but the excitement was wearing a bit thin when it was still snowing in March (coldest UK winter for over 40 years).

I think maybe Thai Miller wishes it was snowing at the Don Valley Stadium after Rotherham lost to Darlington 2-1 but an excellent win for Rochdale 2-1 at Notts County to move them into 8th place and only 4 points off the top of the table. :D

Macclesfield Town 1 Rotherham 2 :o

Another good win for Rotherham who are now out of the bottom 3 but after winning four games Macc have started losing again.

Forest 0 Cardiff 1.....think Calderwood has replaced Ramos as the manager living on borrowed time,chavy ?

After beating Crystal Palace on Tuesday I think CC probably brought himself a little breathing space. Problem is our owner, he's not so fast at firing the bullet. Which is strange nowdays.

Derby on Saturday. I really hope we raise the bar on this one. We can't lose to that lot.

The Derby v Forest match was on Thai Cable TV last night.Anybody see it ?

The last minute of injury time was unbelievable.I've never seen anything like it !

1.Derby put the ball in the net but the ref has already blown for a penalty for handball....it was never a penalty.

2.The Forest goalie,Camp,makes a great save from the penalty and the ball goes for a corner.

3.From the next corner he makes another great save and its a corner to Derby again.

4.From this corner a Derby defender looks to have scored with a perfectly good header but the ref disallows it,maybe for pushing but couldnt see anything,and then the whistle blows for full time.

Forest have a young side and acquitted themselves well,other than the last minute of injury time.Hope they can survive in the Championship this season and build from that.

• 2 weeks later...
The journey finally came to an end last night TM ??

hi guys sorry not been on for a while, been up to my neck in it. Yep it was good while it lasted chavy. if nothing else its helped us out with a bit of $$$ which is certainly needed. Thanks Marshbags for the report from home, i would have like to have been there for the Leeds game.

Well i suppose its think about the league time now, lets hope we can push on an get safe and who knows maybe the play-offs.

Reports today say Forest are being lined up as the next team to be taken over by a middle Eastern consortium !! It's not you & your buddies is it MrBJ ?? :o

Got to do something with all this money i'm not paying to the Taxman, Chavy :D

:D:D

Does this mean the lads pre-match-meal will consist of pie, mushy peas & black pudding then ?? :D

Reports today say Forest are being lined up as the next team to be taken over by a middle Eastern consortium !! It's not you & your buddies is it MrBJ ?? :o

Does this mean the lads pre-match-meal will consist of pie, mushy peas & black pudding then ?? :D

Camel Pie, a bowl of Addis and Shatshuka :(

Edited by mrbojangles

Reports today say Forest are being lined up as the next team to be taken over by a middle Eastern consortium !! It's not you & your buddies is it MrBJ ?? :D

Does this mean the lads pre-match-meal will consist of pie, mushy peas & black pudding then ?? :(

Camel Pie, a bowl of Addis and Shatshuka :D

One hump or two?.......Shatshuka ?? Do you smoke it or eat it?? :o

Reports today say Forest are being lined up as the next team to be taken over by a middle Eastern consortium !! It's not you & your buddies is it MrBJ ?? :D

:D:(

Camel Pie, a bowl of Addis and Shatshuka :P

One hump or two?.......Shatshuka ?? Do you smoke it or eat it?? :D

They only have one hump in Saudi.

Shakshuka, is like an egg dish with tomato and onions. I think it is originally a Jewish dish but it's popular here. Delish :o

Sounds great MrBJ......but I'll take your word for it :o

Now then, who we all got tomorrow.

Tm's got Gillingham

Dale's got the Macc lads (where is Macc lad?, not seen him on here for ages?)

We've got Brizzle City

Suiging's got Southampton

Dale's got the Macc lads (where is Macc lad?, not seen him on here for ages?)

Dont worry,I'm still around.Last time I posted on this thread was 3rd November but last weekend was the FA Cup so I posted on that thread instead.

This weekend,Rochdale away......very tough match for the Macc lads.......I'd willingly settle for a point.

Apparently Macc played a friendly against Crewe behind closed doors early in the week.......the score was Crewe 8 Macc 1 and just look how Crewe are doing in the League :o

Somehow I think mr bj is going to have bragging rights this weekend !

Good luck for Forest against Bristol City.I've seen them on TV a couple of times this season and they look a promising young side....just seem to lack someone to put the ball in the net but Earnshaws been injured hasnt he ?

Good point for Macc at Rochdale but Dale are still 4th level on points with the team in the third automatic promotion slot.

Good point too for Forest,Chavy,and I see your keeper saved an injury time penalty again ! :D

Rotherham.....obviously a reaction after a good cup run finishes.Forget it and concentrate on getting a place in the play offs.Maybe youll play Rochdale in the final at Wembley.....cant see Macc making it somehow ! :o

Yep, Lee Camp pulled another save out the hat to keep the unbeaten run going :o By all reports City were lucky to get a draw but, for us, we've got to start pulling more wins in. Joint bottom now but understand we play many teams around us the next few games. This could be make or break time for us !!

MrBJ, I just read the Dale got off lightly against the Macc lads ?? Even Keith Hill came out smiling !! :D

Tm !! whoops !! I didn't see that one coming I must admit, come to that, I never saw Notts scoring 4 away from home either :D

MrBJ, I just read the Dale got off lightly against the Macc lads ?? Even Keith Hill came out smiling !! :o

I obviously didn't get to see the game chavy. But it didn't seem like that according to skysports:-

Brown header rescues Macc

Rochdale denied fifth straight win

Nat Brown's 81st-minute header earned Macclesfield a 1-1 draw and denied Rochdale a fifth successive victory.

The midfielder levelled matters in the closing stages after Adam Rundle had broken the deadlock just after the hour mark.

Rochdale's Sam Russell was called into action when Sean Hessey played Gareth Evans through on goal, the stopper diving bravely at the striker's feet to smother his shot.

Joe Thompson smashed a shot against the outside of a post from a narrow angle and Chris Dagnall tested Macclesfield goalkeeper Jon Brain with a well-struck shot as Rochdale turned up the pressure.

And that pressure told in the 66th minute when Tom Kennedy's corner was flicked on by Dagnall into the six-yard area and Rundle bundled the ball over the line.

But the Silkmen levelled when Izak Reid's superb cross into the area was met by Brown and his thumping header beat Russell all ends up.

MrBJ, I just read the Dale got off lightly against the Macc lads ?? Even Keith Hill came out smiling !! :o

I obviously didn't get to see the game chavy. But it didn't seem like that according to skysports:-

Brown header rescues Macc

Rochdale denied fifth straight win

Nat Brown's 81st-minute header earned Macclesfield a 1-1 draw and denied Rochdale a fifth successive victory.

The midfielder levelled matters in the closing stages after Adam Rundle had broken the deadlock just after the hour mark.

Rochdale's Sam Russell was called into action when Sean Hessey played Gareth Evans through on goal, the stopper diving bravely at the striker's feet to smother his shot.

Joe Thompson smashed a shot against the outside of a post from a narrow angle and Chris Dagnall tested Macclesfield goalkeeper Jon Brain with a well-struck shot as Rochdale turned up the pressure.

And that pressure told in the 66th minute when Tom Kennedy's corner was flicked on by Dagnall into the six-yard area and Rundle bundled the ball over the line.

But the Silkmen levelled when Izak Reid's superb cross into the area was met by Brown and his thumping header beat Russell all ends up.

I didn't see it either but just read the report of sportinglife.com who said Keith Hill was smiling after coming away with a point against the Macc lads !

Saddest part of being in with a shout at the " Big " time, is knowing the chances of staying there are depressingly slim.

Coming from Wolverhampton, one is used to disappoinment and being shat on from a high height, however couple that with following the Wolves and manic depression sets in............

Blackpool at home next. When I was a baby/kid one of my earliest memories was X-Mas day in a hotel in Blackpool and my dad pointing out a lone figure training on his own, running up and down the beach. Never did see Sir Stan play, but saw him freezing his nuts off on the beach when players half his age were no doubt tucked up and well out of it..............pure class.

Edited by suiging

I think if a club promoted to the Premiership can survive the first couple of seasons they can think about establishing themselves,like Wigan.

The majority seem to go down immediately or suffer second season syndrome like Reading and Ipswich who both got relegated after a great first season !

If I were a Wolves fan I'd be more concerned about Mick McCarthys record as a Premiership manager if they make it into the top flight.......Sunderland ! :o

As regards the Rochdale v Macc controversy,a "totally unbiased" view from the Macc manager,Keith Alexander,who said Macc were worth at least a point ! :D

Besides if Macc would have knicked it then Dale would have been out of the play off positions and we wouldnt want to do that on our near friends and neighbours ! :D

Depends if Steve Morgan is willing to push the boat out when handing over the transfer kitty !!

To be fair to McCarthy, he got Sunderland up but then they didn't invest in quality players, rather they gave Championship players & crap prem reserve players a go but, as we know, it was a terrible route to take.

That's why when we get promoted come next May, I hope Doughty digs deep to sign Kaka et al :o:D