The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Rotherham United 3 - 1 Southampton

MARK ROBINS saluted his Rotherham heroes as they completed a hat-trick of wins against Championship sides this season.

The Millers added Southampton to the scalps of Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday.

Boss Robins said: “It was a disciplined display and it would be difficult to single out any individual.

“You could see how much they all wanted it. They deserve a big club in the next round, hopefully Manchester United.”

Nick Fenton nodded the Millers in front before Danny Harrison’s 25-yard volley made it 2-0.

Stern John’s long-ranger pulled one back but Drewe Broughton sealed the win.

I just hope we get a shot at a Premiership side now, for a big payday...... :o:D :D

The Mighty Dale up to 9th now :o

Accrington 1-3 The Mighty Dale

Buckley had previously scored against Rotherham and Chesterfield

Will Buckley scored for the third successive game as Rochdale came from behind to win in Accrington boss John Coleman's 400th league game in charge.

Stanley went ahead through John Miles' 20-yard volley in the first minute.

But when Miles brought down teenage winger Buckley before the break, Adam Le Fondre blasted home the penalty.

Buckley stole the ball from Chris King and rifled in to make it 2-1, before on-loan Jordan Rhodes added a third in injury time after a goalmouth scramble.

at last we can start our season, thanks FL for the deduction, but we will pass next year. rotherham united after 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 lost are finally on 1 point. well done lads :D:D:D

Yeah, well done Mark Roins& the millers. I see the Stags got hit with a 4 point deduction in the Blue Square due to fielding an ineligible player the first two games of the season. :o

i know its only a little cup and means nothing in the bigger scheme of things but the headline on skysports website still makes me a little proud this morning. :o

Millers maul McAllister's men

Rotherham 4 - 2 Leeds

Rotherham's fine cup form continued on Wednesday as they beat Leeds 4-2 in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

The Millers have already booked their place in the fourth round of the Carling Cup, but will view this competition as a more realistic opportunity to get their hands on some silverware.

They secured bragging rights over their local rivals in convincing fashion at Don Valley Stadium.

Ian Sharps gave them the lead after just 17 minutes as he rose to glance a looping header over a stranded David Lucas.

Jonny Howson did have the Whites level on the half-hour mark as he bundled home from close-range following a melee in the Rotherham box, but the hosts were back in front before the break.

Composure

Reuben Reid's snaking burst into the box was brought to an uncompromising end by Andy Hughes' clumsy challenge and Mark Hudson was handed penalty duties for Mark Robins' men.

His initial effort was saved by Lucas but the midfielder kept his composure to drill in the rebound.

The Millers then bagged a third three minutes into the second-half as Drew Broughton met Dale Tonge's inch-perfect cross to power a header into the top corner.

On 53 minutes Rotherham were on target again as Nick Fenton rose unmarked to nod home a corner from the left.

Enoch Showunmi pulled one back for Gary McAllister's side three minutes later as he slipped a low drive through the legs of Andy Warrington, but Leeds were unable to find a further breakthrough despite going close on a number of occasions.

In line for a trip "down sarf" TM ?

who knows chavy, i was there when we won this competition in 1996 and that was an amazing weekend out, the wife may need some convincing why im flying from chiang mai to london to watch a football game though :o

In line for a trip "down sarf" TM ?

who knows chavy, i was there when we won this competition in 1996 and that was an amazing weekend out, the wife may need some convincing why im flying from chiang mai to london to watch a football game though :D

extended visa run perhaps :o

Saw this result yesterday TM !! Had to look twice at it as I thought would be a home banker.

Talking to friends back home and it seems we were terrible for the first time this year in defense (as you can tell from 4 goals conceded). What makes it worse is they had 10 men from 30 mins gone. I suppose we can expect to lose a few on the way.

The millers back on track after the weekend at Second-placed Bury, Rotherham winning 2-1 at Gigg Lane.

The Millers raced to a two goal lead through Reuben Reid (2) and Drewe Broughton (11), before Paul Scott pulled one back on 30 minutes.

Also what a result for the mighty dale....... :o

Chester seem to be great one minute then awful the next, you never know which team will turn up. TM, that was a great result for the Millers at Bury. They're no push overs this season & I reckon they'll keep up the form as the Dale did last season.

A 1-1 draw against Ipswich went some way to stop the rot for us. We need a couple of wins to get us off the bottom (obviously) hopefully this will be the boost we need.

Chester seem to be great one minute then awful the next, you never know which team will turn up. TM, that was a great result for the Millers at Bury. They're no push overs this season & I reckon they'll keep up the form as the Dale did last season.

A 1-1 draw against Ipswich went some way to stop the rot for us. We need a couple of wins to get us off the bottom (obviously) hopefully this will be the boost we need.

I think you'll pull out of it with only donny and barnsley just above you and get a confident run towards the january transfer window, is there much money available for transfers?

your getting around the 19,000 att at home so there should be some available. big game against cardiff next, that will be an hard one but they have drawn two of their last 3 so their due a loss!!!

I think you'll pull out of it with only donny and barnsley just above you and get a confident run towards the january transfer window, is there much money available for transfers?

your getting around the 19,000 att at home so there should be some available. big game against cardiff next, that will be an hard one but they have drawn two of their last 3 so their due a loss!!!

I guarantee we'll be in the transfer market come January.......The chairman / owner usually backs CC in the transfer market & can see him doing something about the "defence", a term I use loosely :o

Macclesfield Town 1 Rotherham 2 :o

Another good win for Rotherham who are now out of the bottom 3 but after winning four games Macc have started losing again.

Forest 0 Cardiff 1.....think Calderwood has replaced Ramos as the manager living on borrowed time,chavy ?

The millers back on track after the weekend at Second-placed Bury, Rotherham winning 2-1 at Gigg Lane.

The Millers raced to a two goal lead through Reuben Reid (2) and Drewe Broughton (11), before Paul Scott pulled one back on 30 minutes.

Also what a result for the mighty dale....... :D

Hiya T.M.

Yes, well done Rotherham.

Went back home for 6 weeks and went passed the new home ground most days on the tram.

My brother lives up on the hill not far from the D.V. ground and they played a few times while i was there in Sheffield.

It reminded me of when i was young, many years ago when my home was just up from Hillsborough.

Every move of importance could be heard from the supporters and especially the goals so it took me back to happy times.

The Leeds match in particular was full of extra loud cheers, but not many moans / less cheering, so we would know the score from the noises.

As you pass Don Valley Stadium there are two great red and white boards with " DON VALLEY STADIUM HOME OF ROTHERHAM UNITED F.C. " on them.

One at the front corner on Attercliffe Road and one at another side, which can be clearly seen from the tram.

I felt great seeing it everytime and always thought about you in Thailand and my other mates who support them.

I started my working life at Thorpe Hesley colliery and this is my link with Rotherham and the salt of the earth locals. ( Well from sixteen anyway )

Used to go to the Turkish baths just over the bridge most Fridays, near the ground ( then ??? ) apart from when we where on afternoons. ( afternuins )

Happy times indeed and long may your footballing fortunes continue, the club deserve nothing less after making up the horrendous and totally unfair penaties the incompetant <deleted> at the FA gave you.

While i realise it is not your real home, it,s a great place and has wonderful facilities ect. ect.

marshbags :D

P.S.

I keep an eye on your results as i have done for many a year, so don,t think i,ve forgotten you. :o

Edited by marshbags