The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

quote]

1-1 against Reaing isn't the worst result considering where they came from & where we were last season. Let's hope we can get Morecambe out the way then stick on over the taffys in Swansea this weekend !!

Not a bad result for Forest,chavy,but I think youll find they kept a clean sheet 0-0 :D

:o Just read my post....can't understand how I posted that.....& completely sober !!

Yes 0-0 a point off them isn't the end of the world even at home.

A good 4-0 under the belt against Morecambe in the cup. Hardly the strongest opposition but still good to get off the mark.....only 4000 there though :D .....bring on Sunderland in the next round.

Carling Cup second round draw for anyone interested

Ipswich v Colchester

Coventry v Newcastle

Hartlepool v West Brom

West Ham v Macclesfield

Huddersfield v Sheffield United

Cardiff v MK Dons

Swansea v Hull

Rotherham v Wolves

Brighton v Manchester City

Reading v Luton

Blackburn v Grimsby

Wigan v Notts County

Leeds v Crystal Palace

Crewe v Bristol City

Middlesbrough v Yeovil

Fulham v Leicester

QPR v Carlisle

Nottingham Forest v Sunderland

Burnley v Oldham

Southampton v Birmingham

Bolton v Northampton

Watford v Darlington

Preston v Derby

Cheltenham v Stoke

Morecambe 1 - 3 Rotherham United. Another good result by the mighty millers...... only -11 now :D

BBC Sport,Page last updated at 17:23 GMT, Saturday, 16 August 2008 18:23 UK

Morecambe 1-3 Rotherham

Mark Lynch grabbed a brace as Rotherham made another big stride in cutting their 17-point deduction with victory against a lacklustre Morecambe side.

Summer signing Lynch scored the opener with a wonderful curling effort from the edge of the area which beat home keeper Barry Roche high to his right.

Ryan Taylor then made it two when he capped a fine move with a low strike.

And even though Neil Wainwright reduced the deficit, Lynch fired another superb curler to wrap up a deserved victory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morecambe: Roche, Parrish, Bentley, Artell, Adams, Carr, McLachlan (Curtis 46), Hunter, Wainwright, Howe, Blinkhorn.

Subs Not Used: Scott Davies, O'Carroll, McCann, McStay.

Goals: Wainwright 77.

Rotherham: Warrington, Lynch, Fenton, Sharps, Green, Hudson, Mills, Danny Harrison, Rhodes, Taylor, Reid.

Subs Not Used: Cann, Tonge, Cummins, Burchill, Broughton.

Booked: Reid, Lynch.

Goals: Lynch 8, Taylor 40, Lynch 90.

Att: 2,606

Ref: C Sarginson (Staffordshire).

Another good result T.M., well done.

marshbags :o

P.S.

The owls were unlucky i see, ( 4-1 ahem ) thank god it,s early days yet regading my club.

Maybe if the proposed take over is successful, there will be some important decisions made and monies available for players. ????

marshbags :D

Good opportunity to put 3 pointson the board against Watford today....hopefully :o

Bradford v Rochdale today MrBJ......what's the prediction ? Should be a big crowd "up north". Bradford sold loads of season tickets....admittedly heavily discounted though.

Yep, I just noticed the result.........one or two "big guns" have come a cropper last night.....Bolton, for example, West brom at the monkey hangers plus Hull at Swansea.

Tonight we've got Sunderland at our place, they beat us in a pre season game 0-1 but still hopeful Keane will have his mind on the league.

Yep, I just noticed the result.........one or two "big guns" have come a cropper last night.....Bolton, for example, West brom at the monkey hangers plus Hull at Swansea.

Tonight we've got Sunderland at our place, they beat us in a pre season game 0-1 but still hopeful Keane will have his mind on the league.

I watched them play against liverpool first game and they looked pretty solid and were very unlucky, but like you say the league is more important to them as it probably was to hull last night. I think they may play a weakened side because of that, good luck and i'll check the results in the morning. :o

Bad luck for Forest who were leading 1-0 until right near the end.

West Ham 4 Macclesfield 1 (after extra time,90 mins 1-1)

A good performance from the Silkmen who were leading 1-0 until 15 minutes from time and were later reduced to 10 men.

Reading the reports this performance doesnt appear to have endeared Alan Curbishley more to the Hammers fans !

Bad luck for Forest who were leading 1-0 until right near the end.

West Ham 4 Macclesfield 1 (after extra time,90 mins 1-1)

Reading the reports this performance doesnt appear to have endeared Alan Curbishley more to the Hammers fans !

Yep, leading until the 86th minute :o

Alan Curbishley is on a loser at West Ham, whatever he does he can't win either with the board, media or fans. Sounds like they're in financial difficulties as well so doubtful if they will spend much more.