The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Swindon Town 1 - 1 Exeter City

The playoffs it is for us then. :)

So any ideas on what channels the play-offs will be shown - or where????

Dunno mate, I shall be looking to find out closer to the time though.

Me too - good luck ...

Leeds Lost

Millwall lost

Charlton lost

Swindon:....... Could not take advantage and only managed a draw at home against Walsall. How frustrating, sometimes I hate football.

The good news though (for us) is that we have now secured a play-off place, I'd have taken that before the season started.

Edited by Moonrakers

Congratulations Xangsamhua and Mr BJ on Rochdale and County being promoted, It looks like the playoffs for the Millers now so hopefully we can join you through that route.

Cheer Thai. That was the only good news yesterday :D

And good luck in the play off's :)

Congratulations Xangsamhua and Mr BJ on Rochdale and County being promoted, It looks like the playoffs for the Millers now so hopefully we can join you through that route.

Thanks TM. Good luck in the playoffs.

Incidentally, my paternal grandmother, Florence Hardy, was a Rotherham girl, born around 1890. Can't remember where she lived, but there's a bit of Rotherham in me. :)

Yes congrats to Mr Bo.....the Dale held there nerve(just) and deserve promotion this year am just wondering now if the shakers can join you as a outside bet?

I doubt it! :)

What would you have preferred over the weekend i wonder?? sorry just could not resist a low blow :D

Yes congrats to Mr Bo.....the Dale held there nerve(just) and deserve promotion this year am just wondering now if the shakers can join you as a outside bet?

Cheers NAD :D

It would be better if Bury got promoted too, just to keep a local derby going but I ain't that ar5ed really :D

What would you have preferred over the weekend i wonder?? sorry just could not resist a low blow :)

Let's put it this way. I didn't get my wish :D

Notts County 1 - 0 Rochdale

Notts are top. Much flak to and fro on the fan sites about Notts "cheating". Ray Trew has written to League Two chairmen to clarify. The question is whether Notts would have gone up without Munto. Notts fans generally agree, however, that they've had a very good team this year overall, including their reserve goalie.

Notts have certainly suffered by falling for Munto's con. The Football League fell for it, too. Munto are the ones who need to be punished and the police are after them (but can't find some of them). Notts were punished by nearly going out of existence, by all the uncertainty and manager turnover and the pressure this put on players, as well as the transfer embargo. Now they have a chance to straighten up (salaries are back to 55% of income).

Let's hope Notts' experience is a valuable lesson to any small club that is approached by beguiling strangers offering a bright future.

Whatever the case, the new season beckons and the issue will fade over time.

Edited by Xangsamhua

And good luck in the play off's :)

Congrats Bo!

From a Carlisle fan. Our respective fans have a lot of respect for each other, as i'm sure you are aware.

Edited by Luang

And good luck in the play off's :D

Congrats Bo!

From a Carlisle fan. Our respective fans have a lot of respect for each other, as i'm sure you are aware.

Indeed Luang. Thanks very much :)

Notts County 3 - 1 Lincoln City

Notts go to the top of the table with a game in hand over the Dale, but the off-field stuff has resurfaced with Greg Clarke, new FL Chairman, interested in looking further into Notts and Leeds. Also rumours that Steve Cotterill may not stay.

Never a dull moment for a Notts supporter!

There always used to be until this season ! :)

Notts go to the top of the table with a game in hand over the Dale, but the off-field stuff has resurfaced with Greg Clarke, new FL Chairman, interested in looking further into Notts and Leeds. Also rumours that Steve Cotterill may not stay.

Congrats to a Notts County fan - Last time I was in Nottingham - last year - I parked just opposite your ground to walk up to the City ground. Have you been to see a home game recently It sadly looked really run-down and needed some money spent on it for sure.

Edited by dsfbrit

Congrats to a Notts County fan - Last time I was in Nottingham - last year - I parked just opposite your ground to walk up to the City ground. Have you been to see a home game recently It sadly looked really run-down and needed some money spent on it for sure.

There will be some money spent on it very soon......when the penthouse, river view flats go up...anyway, congrats to the "Dale"......many a few pints sunk in the cemetery to mark this occasion.

There always used to be until this season ! :D

Thanks dsfbrit. Afraid the last time I went to Meadow Lane was in the 1953-4 season. :D Will probably never go again in this life. My interest in County is sentimental, from childhood days when I was a regular for a couple of seasons, but was re-ignited by the Munto con. :) Used to go on the bus (for "three aypence") from Carlton to the Lane. It was my side of the river.

After a season of closely following League Two, I've found it very interesting and more "authentic" than the PL. Still, everyone wants to go up.

There always used to be until this season ! :D

Thanks dsfbrit. Afraid the last time I went to Meadow Lane was in the 1953-4 season. :D Will probably never go again in this life. My interest in County is sentimental, from childhood days when I was a regular for a couple of seasons, but was re-ignited by the Munto con. :D Used to go on the bus (for "three aypence") from Carlton to the Lane. It was my side of the river.

After a season of closely following League Two, I've found it very interesting and more "authentic" than the PL. Still, everyone wants to go up.

Sadly all of us Expats who support teams outside the Premier League are forced to support some other PL team or other - or not get really involved in watching football at all . I would love to see both Forest and County back in the top flight again so we can have some 'proper' local derby games to watch :D

I could not agree more about the PL compared to the 'lower leagues'. I loved the age of football when if a team went down, the players went down with it and fought to bring it up again. This still goes on a lot in the lower leagues. Unlike the PL where many of the 'stars' have get out clauses in their contracts if they go down. No loyalty at all.

I would not bother with the PL at all if I could only find a TV channel over here that showed non-PL football.

Anyway - well done County - onwards and upwards... :)

Edited by dsfbrit

After a season of closely following League Two, I've found it very interesting and more "authentic" than the PL.

And the Pies are much nicer and better value for money :D

I'll take your word for it, Mr BJ. :D

No need to take my word for it Xang. Just look at the bellies on the 2,500 Rochdale supporters :)

After a season of closely following League Two, I've found it very interesting and more "authentic" than the PL.

And the Pies are much nicer and better value for money :D

I'll take your word for it, Mr BJ. :D

No need to take my word for it Xang. Just look at the bellies on the 2,500 Rochdale supporters :)

Where did the extra 2000 Rochdale fans come from???? :D But your right about the pies though, I miss Pukka pies and bovril at half time.