Bob's Bbq In Carrefour Food Court

Jimmyd

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Bob's opened a branch in the Carrefour food court. I've eaten there a few times and the food can be quite good, though I still think they're going through growing pains.

If you want a good deal, get a couple of the Al Pastor Tacos (19 baht each) with a 30 baht boat of guacamole (avocado dip). Put guacamole on the tacos and don't forget the salsa they have on the counter. The tortillas are flour--I prefer corn. One time they asked me if I wanted my taco shell fried, and in that case they used a corn tortilla. I'd really like the option of soft corn tortillas--it would add a lot to the food to me. If not, I wish at least they'd make sure they tortilla was thoroughly grilled--a couple of times it's been a bit floury for my taste.

I tried the ribs also--very nice but a bit pricey for 109 baht for 4 little ribs. The side orders were nice, though another time I got the beans and they were cold.

The fajitas plate, also 109 bath I believe, was really nice the first time I got it and then tasteless the second (I rectified that by adding some salt).

I tried the chili once, it was very sour and a bit cold. Not sure if I got it on an off day or that's the way it always is.

Sorry to be a bit negative because I'm *very* happy to have another western choice--I've obviously been back quite a few times. Hopefully the restaurant will be successful and some of the growing pains will disappear.

Bob's is very good, a bit pricey but it will make you full for a long time. Don't go fo the staight out Mexican food, but go for the BBQ. Even Bob isn't foolish enough to register a full tilt spicy TexMex taco and burrito on y'all. Y'all think ya can handle it, but you ain't ready. Did you know that the chili pepper was delivered by Dutch traders from the Carribean and Americas to the Far East Asia? Hey Potatos and Corn came from the same area. What did Europeans eat before the Americas? :o