Satelite Dish Needed, To Get U.s. Channels, Fox News, Etc.

Weho

I would like to get channels from the U.S.... I heard there was a satelite maybe from the Phillipines that had lots of channels, but I can't find any info in Pattaya about it. Maybe the satelite could even get channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, Fox News, TCM, MGM, HBO, etc.

Can anyone suggest who sells this in Pattaya, or a Bangkok office that services Pattaya?

I'm not happy with UBC's channels, and being at the mercy of someone else.

Any help appreciated!

This must be a wind up.

You want fox news. :D:D:D:bah::opost-39032-1187712025.gif

It's the funniest channel out there. It's like a satire of all the news.

Agreed. It is very funny. I will admit to watching it quite often... The Thai missus has got into the habit of shouting "Where's the news then?" when I watch it.

I also like it when they say hellos. "We'd like to say hello to all our viewers in Cuba." :D

Thanks for the link, but WHO IN THAILAND can sell/install this, particularly in Pattaya area?

The cheap systems for under 10k are mostly some Thai channels, and the BBC, and some christian channels 24 hours a day telling me I'm a sinner.

I already know about that... I'm looking for comedy, like Fox News.

I'd search the forums for "satellite" (be sure to spell it correctly) as there have been many, many informative posts over the years. I'm too lazy to do that now. IIRC there were no real satellite options that meet your requirements. Re: Faux News, Rupert manages his empire quite efficiently so probably wants to limit exposure of Faux News to Asian markets for fear of causing other problems.

Both local cable operators (Sophon & Banglamung cable) carry Fox and ABC.

Most other channels you mention (HBO, Cinemax, Discovery channel etc.) are so called premium channels. This means that they are not available on free-to-air satellite television, but only on pay-tv networks such as UBC (Truevision nowadays).

In Thailand UBC has the sole right to re-transmit most of these premium channels, all other networks carrying these channels (notably the South African Multichoice network and the Philippine DreamTV network) do not have the right to re-transmit over Thai territory, as such you cannot buy legal subscribtion cards for them.

As a result, each and every set top box able to play these programs in Thailand without coughing up to UBC is illegal!!!

So be careful about what gets discussed here :o

I've heard about slingbox... but I don't know if my connection speed is fast enough, usually 200 to 350 is my speed... will that work?

I have heard about the Phillipine Dream TV.... I believe that is what I'm looking for... I was told no subscription card was needed, but rather it was being transmitted free, but they could simply cut it off at any time, and the buyer might be stuck with a big ugly 25,000 baht, now worthless, dish and equipment. This UBC really seems like a monopoly to me, and poorly packaged packages, which make no sense to me, as to which channels are in each package.

My community apparently can't get the cable, another monopoly/racket.

Thanks for the link, but WHO IN THAILAND can sell/install this, particularly in Pattaya area?

The cheap systems for under 10k are mostly some Thai channels, and the BBC, and some christian channels 24 hours a day telling me I'm a sinner.

Wrong.

The cheap systems, provided you get a moveable dish, will bring you any and all of the free to air channels carried by satellites that hover near enough to Asia for the dish to see. Check out the channel listings on that link.

There used to be an office in TikCom, not sure if it is still there.

Weho, the dreamTV channels are not transmitted free.

It's just that their encryption is a bit outdated so illegal receivers cracking this encryption without using their subscription smart card are easy to get!

By the way, dreamTV is hovering near bankruptcy (probably because piracy is killing their revenue), and most of the nice good channels, especially sports will disappear pretty soon from their package!

I'm in the very same situation, I want my Fox News, I'd love some late night Leno.. and the only thing

I can get is UBC and their selection is horrible.

I did check out Samart Satellite at Siam Paragon department store, but I can't find a channel line up for

them. The guy there did say they had Fox News.. and the usual other stuff.. HBO, Cinemax etc.

Samart is not a monthly subscriber deal, it's only problem in my eyes is their 6 foot dish. I'd love to see

the community I live in give us the option of having a Samart provider in addition to what they now offer.

If anyone can confirm what channels Samart has that would be great, unfortunately have called them

twice and both times.. they said they would email me a list. Of course.. it was never done.

Maybe another effort could be made by a bunch of us to email UBC and tell them to add Fox News, MSNBC

and a couple others.

I would like to get channels from the U.S.... I heard there was a satelite maybe from the Phillipines that had lots of channels, but I can't find any info in Pattaya about it. Maybe the satelite could even get channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, Fox News, TCM, MGM, HBO, etc.

Can anyone suggest who sells this in Pattaya, or a Bangkok office that services Pattaya?

I'm not happy with UBC's channels, and being at the mercy of someone else.

Any help appreciated!

No fox news on dream tv, but I have been using dream for 3 years and no problems, hbo, star , cnn ,sports, cinamax ect ect check with either jsat.com or dynsat out of bangkok who will do the installation and get you on the right net just sit back and enjoy