German Shepherd Puppies

I went to the championship show in Bkk June 07 they had an area for sellers of pups and i could not beleive how cheap the dogs were , prices ranged from 4000 -10000 i saw bulldog pups real beautys for 7000 . All the pups looked well reared and there was every breed that you can think of . In chatuchak market on a sunday you can buy a dog from 500 baht i have seen German Shepards for 3k-4k baht so imho they will be worth what someone is willing to pay for them .

JB

Pedigree papers don't actually mean your going to get a good dog, papers are useful if your going to show or breed .

My GSD cost me 1500 bht in the village and he is a good dog with no papers, pedigrees command higher prices they are not worth anything really unless your into showing and breeding.

Decide what you need out of a dog

Pedigree papers don't actually mean your going to get a good dog, papers are useful if your going to show or breed .

My GSD cost me 1500 bht in the village and he is a good dog with no papers, pedigrees command higher prices they are not worth anything really unless your into showing and breeding.

They are bred by a monk in a temple and he’s asking around B 2000.00 +

I am afraid of inbred dogs and have no experience buying puppies.

Born a few weeks ago, I went to see them.

They are well proportioned and have good spirit, I picked two; whether I will take them or not it’s still undecided.

With all the thieves around here we need some good trainable guard dogs !

Thanks for your input

I bought a GSD when I lived in the UK, puppy, Kennel Club Registered, Father and Mother both had very, very low hip scores which should have guaranteed no hip problems and a low risk of eg a spinal problem. But my poor girl was diagnosed with hip displacia and a spinal problem when she was about 4 years old. She came to terms with her injuries and with painkillers soldiered on until she was nearly 12!!!

My point is as Mac says papers are no guarantee, you have to use your intuition, if the pup looks healthy is not nervous etc, later on problems may arise, like people dogs get sick, some sail through their life

Good luck, GSD's are a wonderful breed, I had 3 (2 as a kid and one later on ) but the grooming can be a bit tiresome.

Mike

They are bred by a monk in a temple and he’s asking around B 2000.00 +

I am afraid of inbred dogs and have no experience buying puppies.

Born a few weeks ago, I went to see them.

They are well proportioned and have good spirit, I picked two; whether I will take them or not it’s still undecided.

With all the thieves around here we need some good trainable guard dogs !

Thanks for your input

Good price :

Points to look at have the front dew claws been snipped off ? these are claws situated on the inside of the front legs

about inch and half up the leg

How old will they be when you take them don't take them to early

At 12 weeks you need to start there protective jabs with a good vet

Are there any scabs on the body or bald patches

Get a pic if you can and it to me

Hope this helps

I agree that pedigree papers give you no assurance, and who knows what the papers are worth in Thailand.

I bought 2 French Mastifs (Dogue de Bordeaux), brother and sister, outside Bkk 3 years ago and paid after bargaining 20.000,- each. This February the price for a Bull Mastif was 25.000,-.

Unfortunately the dog have a hip and allergy problem, and is treated with medisin (now only vitamins as we (my wt) have found out what really helps!)

After discovering the problem we called the kennel, and they told us to return the dog and they would give us another.

This was not an option for us, and I think the dog have an excellent life with us. Who knows what would have happened with the dog if we had sent it back??

Anyway you don't need to pay a lot to get a good dog, but if you have special requests, it might cost you more!

Good luck with your GSI............ had one for 12 years in Norway when I was young(er) :o

[attachment=41537:DSCN0372resize.jpg

Some pics for those that replied to my questions !

The puppies just opened their eyes, have a long way to go !

The ones with strings are the candidates . ( one close up, the fatter one ! )

Edited by soidog2

• 1 year later...

dear sir/madam,

pls pls u must help me to buy two pups of british bull mastif or american pit bull tereir,one male /one female of 3 to 4 month old from bangkok,pattya thailand as i am from bangladesh. once u help me find the pups i will collect them from bangkok.at present i hv two rott weillers male/female about 9 years old,so i need at list one female british bull mastif or two pit bull for our house guard. so,pls help me find the pups.thanks in advance.

matin

I agree that pedigree papers give you no assurance, and who knows what the papers are worth in Thailand.

I bought 2 French Mastifs (Dogue de Bordeaux), brother and sister, outside Bkk 3 years ago and paid after bargaining 20.000,- each. This February the price for a Bull Mastif was 25.000,-.

Unfortunately the dog have a hip and allergy problem, and is treated with medisin (now only vitamins as we (my wt) have found out what really helps!)

After discovering the problem we called the kennel, and they told us to return the dog and they would give us another.

This was not an option for us, and I think the dog have an excellent life with us. Who knows what would have happened with the dog if we had sent it back??

Anyway you don't need to pay a lot to get a good dog, but if you have special requests, it might cost you more!

Good luck with your GSI............ had one for 12 years in Norway when I was young(er) :o

dear jb,

can u or anyone tell me when is the next championship dog show in bangkok in 2009 and where in bangkok.i need to buy two pups of british bull mastif or american pit bull terreir 3 to 4 month old.

thanks,

matin

I went to the championship show in Bkk June 07 they had an area for sellers of pups and i could not beleive how cheap the dogs were , prices ranged from 4000 -10000 i saw bulldog pups real beautys for 7000 . All the pups looked well reared and there was every breed that you can think of . In chatuchak market on a sunday you can buy a dog from 500 baht i have seen German Shepards for 3k-4k baht so imho they will be worth what someone is willing to pay for them .

JB

dear,faisal,

pls help me find two pups of british bull mastif or american pit bull terreir of 3 to 4 month old ,one male/one female for bangladesh.

pls help me.

thanks in advance,

matin

JB

• 1 year later...

I have male pedigree alsation and he needs a mate. Alternatively I am interested in getting a alsation bitch puppy. Any one has one ..contact me on or 0819927389 Willing to pay a sensible price.

I live in Chiangmai and in Chiang Kham

Ranjit

Edited by bina
email removed as per forum rules and spam protection; the OP can be pm'd (personal messaged)