Tridhos City Marina - Any Opinions?

I am new to the city. I am currently looking for a place to live in. I have found a nice condo called "Tridhos city marina" its located on the west side of the Chao Praya river near the Marriot resort in an area called Samrae Thonburi. Want to get some opinions about this area in general, expat life in this area, international schools nearby and if anybody here is familiar with this condo? Tridhos city marina has a nice private marina and its just on the river and the air seemed to be cleaner then other areas of the city. I really don't know how is it to live in this region and experience the city life because its relatively far from the expat city center. any opinions?

I am new to the city. I am currently looking for a place to live in. I have found a nice condo called "Tridhos city marina" its located on the west side of the Chao Praya river near the Marriot resort in an area called Samrae Thonburi. Want to get some opinions about this area in general, expat life in this area, international schools nearby and if anybody here is familiar with this condo? Tridhos city marina has a nice private marina and its just on the river and the air seemed to be cleaner then other areas of the city. I really don't know how is it to live in this region and experience the city life because its relatively far from the expat city center. any opinions?

About 11 years ago I had a GF who lived in one of the units. Nice building. Nice rooms. Large. Good service. Lots of Thai aristocracy owned units because of who the developer was.

But the traffic to get there, and especially going over the Bridge was a nightmare. We mostly lived in my place near Sukhumvit simply because it was easier for both of us traffic wise, even though it wasn't as nice.

Its an old building so how its been maintained is obviously an issue as to how nice it is today.

The new bridge may have made the traffic better. I don't know I haven't crossed since then due to the repeated trauma of doing it repeatedly at that time.

....Tridhos city marina has a nice private marina and its just on the river and the air seemed to be cleaner then other areas of the city. I really don't know how is it to live in this region and experience the city life because its relatively far from the expat city center. any opinions?

If you're looking for something that looks nice, amd spending most of your time in the area, it could fit.

If you're looking for somewhere that is well connected to the rest of BKK, as you mention it's not that convenient for the centre. Main expat areas are Sukhumvit, Sathorn, Silom, all these are well connected. They are areas you'll meet expats if looking to do so. i.e easier to meet people. Probably easier to start off in. Then as you find your likes/dislikes and know your way around and know people, you might consider moving.

Edited by AmericanGuy1066