To And Fro

catch22

Can you please tell me the best way to get to and from jomtiem grand palace Hotel to main Pattaya City Centre, both during the day and at night - Thank you

very very big question !!! the way to go pattaya from jomtien ??

but sir which way you use to come in thailand from your country ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? and you ask the best way ??????????

:o

Can you please tell me the best way to get to and from jomtiem grand palace Hotel to main Pattaya City Centre, both during the day and at night - Thank you
Helicopter !,. I live in jomtien and i havent found an easy way yet, when the war is over and the roads are put back together it will help !. you have that one road down or sukomvit and down central ,always a bottleneck close in ,even in low season,.

That Hotel is half way down Jomtien beach road and on the Baht bus route .Just flag down a baht bus and its 10 baht to Pattaya .You should not have to wait longer than 2 minutes .

There are also A/C busses ,which are less frequent ,about every 20 minutes and cost 20 baht ( i think ?) .For the A/C bus you must wait at the designated bus stop which is near the hotel on Jomtien beach road .

And if you don't know what we are talking about when we mention a 'baht bus' - this is otherwise known as a 'sawng thaew' or 'two-bench'.

It is a converted pick-up (or 'ute' if you come from the land-down-under) - blue in colour, with a metal dog-kennel on the back to shelter all the happy passengers from sun, rain, farangs falling off balconies and other such perils of Pattaya.

One sticks out a hand while waiting on the road and, if the driver feels like it, it will stop for you. And twenty other people. You pay when you get off. If the driver turns off the route you want, ring the bell, pay and catch another going your way. Ten metres, ten kilometres, same fare. But on the longer trips it is adviseable to give a little more.

That Hotel is half way down Jomtien beach road and on the Baht bus route .Just flag down a baht bus and its 10 baht to Pattaya .You should not have to wait longer than 2 minutes .

There are also A/C busses ,which are less frequent ,about every 20 minutes and cost 20 baht ( i think ?) .For the A/C bus you must wait at the designated bus stop which is near the hotel on Jomtien beach road .

You don´t have to wait at the bus stop for the A/C bus just flag them in like you do with the songthaw(pigtransporter)

and your right it´s a 20 baht fee.

:o

Any 'two-bench' or A/C buses going at Suk. from Baan Amphoe area to Central Pat?

Yes but these ones are white not blue and you will have to change at Pattaya South, central or North and transfer to a blue one to get to the beach.

Both cost you 10 baht per person.

Or I don't know where in Baan Amper you are but there is also a regular shuttle service with airconditioned minibus for 30 baht from the Baan Nam Mao resort in Najomtien this bus goes straight to walking street I think.

Danny

In addition to the "baht bus" sawng thaew there is a queue of "taxi" sawng thaews right across the street from your hotel.

The difference, besides the price, is that a "taxi" will go non-stop to your destination not honking its horn at every farang in sight along the way. Depending where in the city center you are going, the fare would be B120-200. Ask at the hotel front desk for a recommended bidding price before you go out. Yes, it's often a negotiable fare. B200 should be the max, as that's what it is all the way to the bus terminal on North Pattaya Road. If it's just one person, you can sit in the air conditioned cab with the driver, too.

I used to shy away from motorbike taxis, until one TG insisted. And believe me, she was movie star beautiful. That kind of woman can insist pretty much anything on me (my weakness).

Anyway, after a couple of weeks of motorbike taxiing around, I came to learn the convenience of it and I embraed it.

Nice and cool, weaving through stopped traffic and never stopping yourself except at red lights, and the convenience of going to your exact destination for about a dollar, give or take.

Also, these guys know how to drive a motorbike. I've never once felt the least bit unsafe.

(On a side note, I'm a healthy, fit young man and would be a very stupid target for would be muggers and theives.)