Insurance

speedways

Not possible in Thailand including TV insurance,but many international companies offer to older than 65, but boy do you pay.

Getting them to break out coverage to Thailand only is the tough one. Why pay rates based on treatment costs in western countries with high medical costs when Thailand offers such inexpensive treatment.

I would seriously consider any plan if it was based on Thailand medical costs.

In the meantime I am self insured. Only meaningful cost in six years was a broken leg at 135k baht bill for ten day hospital stay and two surgeries.

Triple bypass operations are advertised at 450K Baht, probably a ceiling on cost of almost any procedure. Insurance is the greatest fear based product sales campaign that exists.

Please help this old sod with his reading ability. Here is a verbatim quote from the site you linked us too, which I had read weeks ago when it came out and noted the age restriction. That was before I posted that it wasn't available.

"It is available for any member under the age of 60 but can be renewed up to the age of 65."

Have I missed something or have you?

Please help this old sod with his reading ability. Here is a verbatim quote from the site you linked us too, which I had read weeks ago when it came out and noted the age restriction. That was before I posted that it wasn't available.

"It is available for any member under the age of 60 but can be renewed up to the age of 65."

Have I missed something or have you?

Good Afternoon ProThaiExpat

I am sorry but you have missed the point. The Thai Visa medical scheme is a low cost medical scheme available to Thai Visa members. This is the best value/lowest cost health insurance you will find in Thailand, however there is a condition to this to help the members keep the premium cost down. The condition is that (for this scheme only) it is only available up to the age of 65 with a ‘starting age’ of under 60.

However there is nothing to say anywhere we cannot insure the over 65’s. We can insure older members (note, in Thailand !) - all one has to do is ask, so ‘Speedways’ please send an email to us.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, ThaivisaInsurance,

maybe you would like to encourage the elderly people for applying to your very much age restricted healt insurance but it seems to me

your company dosen't want such oldies. The reason why I am telling you this is: I am 62, expat and was asking for a quote just a view days later when your insurance was launched......and I am still waiting and waiting for an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

togena212529: I contacted TV Insurance at the links contained in this thread and despite the age restrictions quoted, they actually quoted me a basic plan at 18K baht a month. At that price, I would have paid for my only hospitalization in Thailand in six years in seven months.

I received a quote from an International Carrier that advertises in the BKK post and their quote was 12k a month. So for TV to bill itself as lowest cost or reasonable rates I think is typical Thai disregard for truth in advertising.

I am ten years older than you, so I would expect your quote to come in somewhat lower than mine. I did ask for Thailand only coverage and hospitalization only and there were limits to how much they would pay in each category. Quite low in my view, but then again, most hospitalizations are fairly short term and the coverage period seemed reasonable.

Don't give up, e-mail them again. I believe there is a "contact us" button on their web page.

Hi, ProThaiExpat,

thanks for your efforts in sending me information. TVI (ThaiVisaInsurance) offer two options one is for younger people which can join the insurance till the age of 60 and this one comes from Thai Healt (I think I am right).

The option for the elderly people is the MAXI plan and one can get insured till the end of life. As far as I know this particular plan comes from LMG and one can get a huge discount through exclusions.

Here their exclusion plan: 20% Outpatient Exclusion, 25% if one pays the first 40,000 Baht for hospital treatment, 20% treatment exclusion for North America, Japan, Hang Kong, EU Country including Switzerland, 20% if one is able to build a group of at least of 21 people and they would join LMG together.

Was asking them for a quote and in my case I made exclusions for Outpatient 20%, treatment exclusion for the first 40,000 Baht 25%, treatment area exclusion for NA, JP, HK and EU 20%. The premium on a yearly basis is 42,480.-- Baht, the monthly payment would be 3,540.--.

This a very huge difference what they have told you from TVI. How can one do business on this huge price differences?

It is very highly encouraging to from a group of at least 21 elderly and younger EXPATS for joining LMG direcly.

Hallo EXPATS shall we try to form a group? If yes, please send me a message and we will try in organising everything.

We Expats should be able to get a good health insurance for people which are over 60 and we can get insured till the end of life for a very reasonable price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

togena212529: I contacted TV Insurance at the links contained in this thread and despite the age restrictions quoted, they actually quoted me a basic plan at 18K baht a month. At that price, I would have paid for my only hospitalization in Thailand in six years in seven months.

I received a quote from an International Carrier that advertises in the BKK post and their quote was 12k a month. So for TV to bill itself as lowest cost or reasonable rates I think is typical Thai disregard for truth in advertising.

I am ten years older than you, so I would expect your quote to come in somewhat lower than mine. I did ask for Thailand only coverage and hospitalization only and there were limits to how much they would pay in each category. Quite low in my view, but then again, most hospitalizations are fairly short term and the coverage period seemed reasonable.

Don't give up, e-mail them again. I believe there is a "contact us" button on their web page.

Good Afternoon ProThaiExpat

May we suggest there has been a mix up somewhere down the line ? You said the premium we quoted was 18k a month i.e. 216,000 Baht per year. Sorry but we cannot find a trace of that quotation - may we ask you to contact us again please ?

ThaivisaInsurance: Lest others think I am a "crazy" here is a copy of the quote I received:

"COMPREHENSIVE FAMILY PLAN PREMIUM

(61 – 80 Years)

Nearest Ages Standard Executive Premier

(Baht) (Baht) (Baht)

Basic Hospital & Surgical Plan

Age 61 – 65 8,398 14,043 22,757

66 – 70 11,170 18,677 30,268

71 – 75 16,797 28,085 45,515

76 – 80 25,197 42,128 68,272

Expander

Age 61 – 65 5,980 9,390 16,838

66 – 70 7,953 12,489 22,395

71 – 75 11,960 18,780 33,676

76 – 80 17,940 28,169 50,514

Outpatient

Age 61 – 65 - Option 1 7,135 10,860 12,096

- Option 2 5,272 9,212 9,922

66 – 70 - Option 1 8,251 11,553 13,202

- Option 2 7,012 10,443 11,912

71 – 75 - Option 1 12,408 17,372 19,852

- Option 2 9,168 13,656 16,368

76 – 80 - Option 1 18,612 26,058 29,778

- Option 2 13,752 20,484 24,552

Since I am single, I don't know if the "family plan" applies to me?

Perhaps, if you would like to send me an individual quote, that pertains to me along the following lines, I would be grateful:

Age 71

Single

Willing to take physical

Monthly premium

Hospital care only

Thailand only country covered

Please also include when pre-existing condition is waived after commencement of policy.

My e-mail address is the same as my screen name at gmail.com

Edited by Buckwheat
Email address removed, please see Forum Rules

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Togena,

Yes I'm interested to form a group.

My age now is 62.

Look forward to hearing from you when convenient.

Thanks and regards,

Alan Williams

Bangkok

Hi, ProThaiExpat,

thanks for your efforts in sending me information. TVI (ThaiVisaInsurance) offer two options one is for younger people which can join the insurance till the age of 60 and this one comes from Thai Healt (I think I am right).

The option for the elderly people is the MAXI plan and one can get insured till the end of life. As far as I know this particular plan comes from LMG and one can get a huge discount through exclusions.

Here their exclusion plan: 20% Outpatient Exclusion, 25% if one pays the first 40,000 Baht for hospital treatment, 20% treatment exclusion for North America, Japan, Hang Kong, EU Country including Switzerland, 20% if one is able to build a group of at least of 21 people and they would join LMG together.

Was asking them for a quote and in my case I made exclusions for Outpatient 20%, treatment exclusion for the first 40,000 Baht 25%, treatment area exclusion for NA, JP, HK and EU 20%. The premium on a yearly basis is 42,480.-- Baht, the monthly payment would be 3,540.--.

This a very huge difference what they have told you from TVI. How can one do business on this huge price differences?

It is very highly encouraging to from a group of at least 21 elderly and younger EXPATS for joining LMG direcly.

Hallo EXPATS shall we try to form a group? If yes, please send me a message and we will try in organising everything.

We Expats should be able to get a good health insurance for people which are over 60 and we can get insured till the end of life for a very reasonable price!!!!!!!!!!!!!