Thai Movies

elephantkungfu

Does anyone know where you can get hold of Thai movies with English subtitles. Even though they are all on the cinema with English subtitles, new releases on vcd and dvd never seem to have subtitles. Is that just in Chiang Mai? Or am i just looking in the wrong places? I especially wanted the first 2 parts of the King Naresuan trilogy.... its a good way to learn Thai....

cheers

Does anyone know where you can get hold of Thai movies with English subtitles. Even though they are all on the cinema with English subtitles, new releases on vcd and dvd never seem to have subtitles. Is that just in Chiang Mai? Or am i just looking in the wrong places? I especially wanted the first 2 parts of the King Naresuan trilogy.... its a good way to learn Thai....

cheers

google siam torrents or something. if you are lucky, you might find an online source that sells downloads legally :o look for what subtitles are included.

cheers

Im sure they sell them at Mangpong- Airport Central on the bottom floor near Swensens. There is a reasonable selection of Thai movies with subtitles there. All Legal as well.

I've found a few at shops like Mengabong too - like old Donnyboy. Trouble with transliterating the shop's name, but you can't miss it as the word and the logo are a SCORPION. Just look for the red (? I think) sign with the yellow scorpion on it and all the dvd's.

I'd patrol a few of the shops in Airport plaza and Central KSK for them. I have one I really like with no subtitles, Yaem Yasothorn, a totally hilarious comedy art piece set in circa 1960's Isaan. No subtitles on that one, but you'd be surpirsed what you can still understand and learn from it. Actually there are subtitles, but they be in Thai for the Central Thai audience who may not be a able to waow Lao so well.

Yeah but that's hit or miss. Many movies like Fad, Shutter, and Gao Gao all had subtitles in the theater but are missing them on the DVD...

buy cinema copies :o

I've found a few at shops like Mengabong too - like old Donnyboy. Trouble with transliterating the shop's name, but you can't miss it as the word and the logo are a SCORPION. Just look for the red (? I think) sign with the yellow scorpion on it and all the dvd's.

I'd patrol a few of the shops in Airport plaza and Central KSK for them. I have one I really like with no subtitles, Yaem Yasothorn, a totally hilarious comedy art piece set in circa 1960's Isaan. No subtitles on that one, but you'd be surpirsed what you can still understand and learn from it. Actually there are subtitles, but they be in Thai for the Central Thai audience who may not be a able to waow Lao so well.

dvd's normally come with english subtitles. but more expensive.

• 2 years later...

cheers

I checked out King Naresuan, as promised and it is not available anywhere, at this stage with English subtitles.

But it may be re-released in the future.