The Torquay United Thread

mrtoad

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How far's Yeovil then from your place ? (Torquay ! not Bangkok :D )

I reckon around about 70 miles. Not to far, although the A370 is a <deleted> road, so many bloody speed camera's and single lanes. Mind you, I have been known to whizz down from Yeovil to Cornwall in 2 hours. :o

Fame at last !!!!!!!

Yeovil Town v Torquay United live on B.B.C Sunday 11th November.

If there's a replay then the famous subutteo lights might just be live on tv :o

I'm hoping that we'll get the live coverage on ESPN, as you mentione earlier.

Who's up for a Torquay United evening? :D

Oh dear Toadie mate, I hope they play better against Yeovil than last Saturday :o

Yes mate, not a good weekend. Torquay losing, Man Utd conceeding that goal at the end, and I've got a nice bout of food poisoning to boot. :D A day off from work, but to be fair I'd rather be at work, than here running in and out othe bathroom.

Oh dear Toadie mate, I hope they play better against Yeovil than last Saturday :o

Yes mate, not a good weekend. Torquay losing, Man Utd conceeding that goal at the end, and I've got a nice bout of food poisoning to boot. :D A day off from work, but to be fair I'd rather be at work, than here running in and out othe bathroom.

Some people will do anything for a day off work ! :D

Anybody got any idea if Torquay's game is on Star this weekend? They have scheduled FA cup matches, so one can only hope. :D

Sorry mate you lost out to the big guns of Hereford lasnight :o they managed to hold Leeds to a 0 - 0 result !

Sometimes this game doesn't make sense.

As far as I can make out there's only 3 games on tonight :D ?

Anybody got any idea if Torquay's game is on Star this weekend? They have scheduled FA cup matches, so one can only hope. :D

Sorry mate you lost out to the big guns of Hereford lasnight :o they managed to hold Leeds to a 0 - 0 result !

Our game is on Sunday, so I am still hopeful :D

Our game is on Sunday, so I am still hopeful :D

Don't hold your breath Toadie mate :bah: so's the rest of the premiership :D

Our game is on Sunday, so I am still hopeful :bah:

Don't hold your breath Toadie mate :bah: so's the rest of the premiership :D

Yeah, but Star don't cover the premeirship here in Thailand, and it has alloted time for a game on Sunday under FA Cup, so I am still hopefulf that the game of the round will be on. :D

For the local masses who are on the edge of their seats waiting for news on whether Torquay United's FA Cup game against Yeovil is being covered live on TV, I have it on good authority that nobody else cares. However, I am backing Torquay for no other reason than to knock Yeovil out so that they don't reach the 3rd round in January and force the age old footage of Yeovil's giantkilling over Sunderland in the dark ages to be brought up yet again. Every bloody year!!

For the local masses who are on the edge of their seats waiting for news on whether Torquay United's FA Cup game against Yeovil is being covered live on TV, I have it on good authority that nobody else cares. However, I am backing Torquay for no other reason than to knock Yeovil out so that they don't reach the 3rd round in January and force the age old footage of Yeovil's giantkilling over Sunderland in the dark ages to be brought up yet again. Every bloody year!!

Sunderland, I know full well that you have a soft spot for the wesrcountry teams.

Sunderland, I know full well that you have a soft spot for the wesrcountry teams.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....

Torquay v Yeovil

Source: BBC

Torquay will give a late fitness test to skipper Steve Woods (hamstring) but striker Lee Phillips is available after coming through a reserve game.

Tony Bedeau has shaken off a knock against Cambridge last weekend.

Yeovil's Terry Skiverton (groin) is fit but Marcus Stewart (hamstring) is doubtful and on-loan striker Kevin Betsy has returned to Bristol City.

They will definitely be without long term absentees Marvin Williams, Lee Morris and Marc Bircham

3 -1 up with not much left to play. Bloody good result if they can hold on.

Hopefully a nice easy second round opponent like Leeds, and then Sunderland at home in the 3rd round, which should then see us safely through to the 4th round, whereupon we knock out Derby, to then play the green scum in the quarters, which will enable us to knock out Tottenham Woodenspoons in the semis, to set up a nice Man Utd v Torquay United Final.

One can only dream. :D

Anyhow, shame that Star didn't show this game, obviously more of a calling for rednecks prancing around. :o

Torquay 4-1 Yeovil

By David McIntyre

Chris Todd and Danny Stevens scored twice as non-League Torquay knocked League One Yeovil out of the FA Cup.

Yeovil went ahead when Marcus Stewart fired home after Scott Guyet's header was parried by goalkeeper Martin Rice.

Anthony Barry hit Torquay's bar before Todd headed an equaliser from Kevin Nicholson's corner and Stevens then pounced after Craig Alcock's error.

Todd diverted Lee Mansell's shot into the net and Stevens jinked his way into the box to score a late fourth.

Stewart's goal seemed to change the course of the game but after Barry's 20-yard drive rattled the upright, the Blue Square Premier team stormed back.

Todd levelled and less than two minutes later, Alcock inexplicably gave the ball away to Mansell, whose shot was blocked by keeper Steve Mildenhall before Stevens tucked away the loose ball.

Yeovil, famous for their own FA Cup exploits during the club's non-League days, were dealt a hammer blow early in the second half.

Mansell's effort deflected off Lloyd Owusu into the path of Todd, who nudged the ball in from four yards.

Yeovil had appeals for a late penalty waved away despite Stewart's close-range shot striking defender Chris Robertson's arm.

Any prospect of a Glovers fightback was crushed when Stevens was allowed to dribble into the area and calmly lift the ball over Mildenhall.

What a great result. No team is going to fancy a trip to PLainmoor in the next round. :o

Tough Cup draw for giantkillers

Non-league pair Torquay United and Rushden and Diamonds face potentially tricky ties in the FA Cup second round.

Blue Square Premier side Torquay have been rewarded for their 4-1 win over League One Yeovil with a home game against Cheltenham or Brighton.

Rushden, who managed a 3-1 win over League Two Macclesfield, will be away to Leyton Orient or Bristol Rovers.

The lowest ranked team left, Chasetown, travel to Port Vale while Harrogate Railway will be at home to Mansfield.

Chasetown, in Staffordshire, play in the Southern League Midlands division while Harrogate Railway are in the Unibond North League.

With Cambridge United and Weymouth, both of the Blue Square Premier, drawn against each other, there will be at least one non-league club in the third round.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full draw:

Oxford Utd v Southend Utd

Swindon v Forest Green or Rotherham

Oldham or Doncaster v Crewe

Darlington or Northampton v Walsall

Cambridge Utd v Weymouth

Millwall v Barrow or Bournemouth

Stockport or Staines Town v Peterborough

Bradford City v Tranmere

Torquay Utd v Cheltenham Town or Brighton

Notts County v Havant & Waterlooville

Dagenham & Redbridge v Kidderminster Harriers

Port Vale v Chasetown

Leyton Orient or Bristol Rovers v Rushden & Diamonds

Huddersfield Town v Carlisle or Grimsby

Burton Albion v Barnet

Bury v Exeter City

Luton Town or Brentford v Lincoln City or Nottm Forest

Horsham v Swansea

Hereford or Leeds v Hartlepool

Harrogate Railway v Mansfield Town

To be honest, I am quite happy with the draw. I think the important thing here, is that we have a home game. Regardless of where they are in the league, the current team that Torquay have would certainly be good enough to be challenging for promotion in League 2, so this holds no fears whatsoever.

I really hope we get through, and then draw one of the big 4, as the money generated will be of enormous benefit for the club. As it is, I'll keep on enjoying this season. :o

That'll be a good draw Toadie against Brighton. As long as they see off Cheltenham. Mind you Cheltenham isn't that far off is it? :o I was thinking Brighton being a local derby game but I bet it's a few miles away right?

That'll be a good draw Toadie against Brighton. As long as they see off Cheltenham. Mind you Cheltenham isn't that far off is it? :o I was thinking Brighton being a local derby game but I bet it's a few miles away right?

Neither are really that nearby, Cheltenham is probably closer, but neither are a short trip. As it is, it's a home draw, and I'm pretty sure thats what Buckle would have wanted as I have already said, none of the lower league teams are going to fancy a trip to Plainmoor.

Hopefully, will get through the 2nd and draw Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea in the 3rd round. At least that way, I might get to watch a game this season.

That'll be a good draw Toadie against Brighton. As long as they see off Cheltenham. Mind you Cheltenham isn't that far off is it? :D I was thinking Brighton being a local derby game but I bet it's a few miles away right?

Neither are really that nearby, Cheltenham is probably closer, but neither are a short trip. As it is, it's a home draw, and I'm pretty sure thats what Buckle would have wanted as I have already said, none of the lower league teams are going to fancy a trip to Plainmoor.

Hopefully, will get through the 2nd and draw Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea in the 3rd round. At least that way, I might get to watch a game this season.

stranger things have happened at sea mate ??

Did you see the highlights of the Hereford Leeds game? Leeds were lucky to get a replay :o

I see our lot have Luton or Brentford. I don't fancy Luton as they've already beaten us this season.

• 2 weeks later...
Following up the good win last weekend Toadie mate I see it's "The Gulls v The Seagulls" in the mouth watering tie of the next round of the FA Cup ! :o

Yeah, should be another good game, in which we are in with a shot of winning. I'd like to hope that Turdvisions will show it, but as I know, thats pretty unlikely, given the <deleted> coverage of the last round. :D