• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stafford Rangers 0-2 Torquay

Second-half goals from Tim Sills and Roscoe D'Sane handed Torquay victory against struggling Stafford.

Sills twice forced goalkeeper Danny Alcock into smart saves inside the first 22 minutes.

He then opened the scoring when he converted Kevin Nicholson's corner after 48 minutes to register his 15th goal of the season.

D'Sane doubled the lead by volleying home from 12 yards to give the Gulls their first win in four games.

Stafford Rangers: Alcock, Sutton, Daniel, Sangare, Gibson, Wellecomm, Flynn, Street, Hazley (Mawene 74), Grayson (Adaggio 17), Hopkinson (Draper 63).

Subs Not Used: Allen, Reid.

Booked: Sangare, Mawene.

Torquay: Rayner, Mansell, Todd, Ellis, Nicholson (Hockley 90), Zebroski (Mohamed 67), Adams, Hargreaves, Banim, Sills, Phillips (D'Sane 74).

Subs Not Used: Rice, Benyon.

Booked: Banim.

Goals: Sills 48, D'Sane 90.

Att: 905

Ref: M Naylor (Sheffield).

Decent enough win, and we should comfortably make the play-off. Aldershite are now 15 pints clear after their result today. We have a tricky game against Forest Green, who are one of the form teams at present.

You guys still have games in hand right? I think not enough though to pull The Shots in ??

Games in hand, and a good win last night, but Aldershot would have to have a collapse of Newcastl proportions for us to go up automatically now.

Torquay 1-0 Forest Green

Torquay moved into second place in the Blue Square Premier table after seeing off 10-man Forest Green.

Rovers had Stuart Fleetwood sent off for violent conduct in the first half and quickly fell behind.

Darren Jones fouled Lee Phillips in the box and Roscoe D'Sane stepped up to score the resulting penalty.

D'Sane was handed the chance to make it 2-0 from the spot when John Hardiker fouled Chris Todd late on but this time Terry Burton saved his effort.

Torquay: Rayner, Mansell, Todd, Ellis, Nicholson, Banim (Zebroski 60), Adams, Hargreaves, Stevens (Mohamed 81), Phillips (Sills 61), D'Sane.

Subs Not Used: Rice, Robertson.

Booked: Mansell, Adams, Hargreaves, Todd.

Goals: D'Sane 31 pen.

Forest Green: Burton, Lawless, Brough (Pitman 66), Hardiker, Jones, Afful, Clist, Stonehouse, Welsh (Dodgson 71), Rigoglioso (Preece 67), Fleetwood.

Subs Not Used: Robinson, Bertram.

Sent Off: Fleetwood (28).

Booked: Hardiker.

Att: 3,071

Ref: D Phillips (Chichester).

A decent attendence, and now hopefully we can put in a good end of season run and complete promotion throught the playoffs. Still hoping that Aldershot screw up though.

A good result against Forest Green mate. They're doing reasonably well & the guy who got sent off has scored a hat full of goals this season ( Port Fail ) tried to sign him but he decided to stay with FGR !! Ahhh, the pulling power of Robbie Williams at PV ! :o

Also noticed that ex Wolves player & legend at Molineaux, Steve Bull, has taken over the lost cause of trying to keep them in the Blue Square.

As it now looks pretty much definate that Aldershot have won the league, it looks like the lottery of the playoffs. I'll be having to try and find somewhere to watch the play offs.

Anyway this is the game that I really hope we avoid.... :o

Torquay stars eye all-Devon final

Two of Torquay United's former Exeter City stars have mixed views on the possibility of an all-Devon final in the Blue Square Premier play-offs.

Lee Phillips scored Exeter's goal in last season's 2-1 play-off final defeat to Morecambe while Chris Todd captained the City side at Wembley that day.

Todd told BBC Radio Devon: "It would be something special for the whole of Devon if that could happen."

Striker Phillips added: "I don't want it to be. But if it is, it is."

He added: "If you want to go up, you've got to play whoever the best team in the play-offs is at the time, so I'm not really fussed by who we get."

Torquay, still in second place after a 1-1 draw at lowly Altrincham, have looked a good bet for most of the season to make the Blue Square Premier play-offs.

But Exeter moved to within two points of the play-offs (and still with a game in hand on fifth-placed Stevenage) with Saturday's 1-0 home win over Halifax.

Your not worrying about the Grecians breathing down your neck are you ?? I think you'd turn them over easily at Wembley :o

1-1 though with Altrincham was not what I expected :D

Yeah, I'm not worried, but I really don't want to play them. :D If we lose, misery, misery.

Big game tonight, we are playing the mighty Droylsden. :D

Your not worrying about the Grecians breathing down your neck are you ?? I think you'd turn them over easily at Wembley :o

1-1 though with Altrincham was not what I expected :D

Yeah, I'm not worried, but I really don't want to play them. :D If we lose, misery, misery.

Big game tonight, we are playing the mighty Droylsden. :D

Great nick name "The Bloods" for Droylsden :D

Droylsden v Torquay

Robbie Talbot comes into Droylsden's midfield after Dale Johnson suffered a recurrence of a hamstring injury early in Saturday's 0-0 draw with Rushden.

Jamie McGuire is still out with a shin injury, while striker Steve Daly serves the second game of his three-match ban.

Torquay winger Tony Bedeau is back in contention after returning from his one-month loan spell at Weymouth.

But Jody Banim, who is on loan with the Gulls from Droylsden, misses out as he is suspended.

Got to get three points tonight.

Droylsden 1-2 Torquay

Torquay ensured their play-off bid remained firmly on track with a win over bottom-of-the-table Droylsden.

Tim Sills found the net within 40 seconds with a close-range strike to give the Gulls a dream start.

Roscoe D'Sane doubled their advantage just before the half-hour connecting with Kevin Nicholson's cross to head past goalkeeper Paul Phillips.

Levi Mackin's right-foot shot set up an interesting finale but struggling Droylsden were unable to find a second.

Droylsden: Phillips, Roche, Halford, Cryan, Newton, Denham, Lynch (Mumror 82), Mackin, Burberry (Murphy 61), Dugdale, Ellis (Talbot 62).

Subs Not Used: Strong, Williams.

Booked: Lynch, Murphy.

Booked: Mackin 70.

Torquay: Rayner, Mansell, Robertson, Todd, Nicholson, Bedeau, Hargreaves, Adams, Zebroski (Hill 86), D'Sane, Sills.

Subs Not Used: Rice, Mullings, Phillips, Ellis.

Booked: D'Sane.

Goals: Sills 1, D'Sane 28.

Att: 476

Ref: R Fletcher (Derbyshire).

Lets keep it going!!!

:o

I've seen that face somewhere before ??? Usually after a defeat me thinks ??

Yep, it was, and gets worse with the other united dropping points last night as well. A bad weekend.

Farsley Celtic !!! :D They're the team that want to change the name to Leeds City, right ? Whether they can or not depends if Bates gets on his high horse & starts sueing, serving writs for all & sundry for stealing the name of Leeds :o

Farsley Celtic !!! :D They're the team that want to change the name to Leeds City, right ? Whether they can or not depends if Bates gets on his high horse & starts sueing, serving writs for all & sundry for stealing the name of Leeds :o

Farsley Celtic! Bunch of *&^%s :D

Torquay 3-2 Oxford Utd

Chris Zebroski scored twice against his former club as Torquay came from behind to beat Oxford and stay second.

The visitors took the lead inside a minute when Craig McAllister tapped in Matt Green's cross from close range.

Zebroski equalised just before the break and then put the Gulls ahead with his second from 12 yards.

Tim Sills's penalty after a handball by Michael Howard made it 3-1, before Chris Robertson's foul allowed Oxford's Adam Murray to score from the spot.

Torquay: Rayner, Mansell, Todd, Robertson, Nicholson, Phillips, Adams (Hockley 42), Hargreaves, Zebroski, Sills, D'Sane. Subs Not Used: Rice, Hill, Banim, Ellis.

Booked: Hargreaves, Phillips, Mansell.

Goals: Zebroski 40, 78, Sills 80 pen.

Oxford Utd: Turley, Day, Foster, Quinn, Howard, Hand, Murray, Trainer, Anaclet, Green (Odubade 79), McAllister (Richards 46). Subs Not Used: Hutchinson, Rose, Clarke.

Booked: Foster, Green, Anaclet.

Goals: McAllister 1, Murray 87 pen.

Att: 2,241

Ref: D Coote (Newark).

That's a bit more like it. :o

Torquay 1-0 Northwich

Torquay's slim hopes of automatic promotion were dashed despite Chris Zebroski's match-winning strike against relegation-threatened Northwich.

The Gulls needed Aldershot to lose every one of their remaining games, but the Shots drew 1-1 at Exeter on Tuesday to end Torquay's fight.

Zebroski curled the ball into the top corner of the goal from 25 yards in the 40th minute for the winner.

Michael Welch almost snatched a point but he was denied by Simon Rayner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torquay: Rayner, Mansell, Todd, Robertson, Nicholson, D'Sane (Hill 90), Hockley, Hargreaves, Zebroski, Sills, Phillips.

Subs Not Used: Benyon, Banim, Rice, Ellis.

Booked: Hargreaves.

Goals: Zebroski 40.

Northwich: Tynan, Welch, Roberts, Meadowcroft, Mullan, Crowell (Danny Williams 70), Byrom, Ryan Brown, Carr (Byrne 49), Steele, David Brown (Burns 64).

Subs Not Used: Connett, Kerr.

Booked: Byrne.

Att: 2,270

Ref: S Tomlinson (Hampshire).

At least it looks like we are coming into a bit of form again, rather than li,ping over the finsih line. Oh but for a fewe silly dropped points, and Aldershite woudn't have been so comfortable. Can't complain though, a vast improvement on the mess of last year.

If anyone happens to see Chris Roberts (he wouldn't be out of place in Pattaya), kick him in the nuts. :o

Torquay 1-0 Northwich

Torquay's slim hopes of automatic promotion were dashed despite Chris Zebroski's match-winning strike against relegation-threatened Northwich.

The Gulls needed Aldershot to lose every one of their remaining games, but the Shots drew 1-1 at Exeter on Tuesday to end Torquay's fight.

Zebroski curled the ball into the top corner of the goal from 25 yards in the 40th minute for the winner.

Michael Welch almost snatched a point but he was denied by Simon Rayner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torquay: Rayner, Mansell, Todd, Robertson, Nicholson, D'Sane (Hill 90), Hockley, Hargreaves, Zebroski, Sills, Phillips.

Subs Not Used: Benyon, Banim, Rice, Ellis.

Booked: Hargreaves.

Goals: Zebroski 40.

Northwich: Tynan, Welch, Roberts, Meadowcroft, Mullan, Crowell (Danny Williams 70), Byrom, Ryan Brown, Carr (Byrne 49), Steele, David Brown (Burns 64).

Subs Not Used: Connett, Kerr.

Booked: Byrne.

Att: 2,270

Ref: S Tomlinson (Hampshire).

At least it looks like we are coming into a bit of form again, rather than li,ping over the finsih line. Oh but for a fewe silly dropped points, and Aldershite woudn't have been so comfortable. Can't complain though, a vast improvement on the mess of last year.

If anyone happens to see Chris Roberts (he wouldn't be out of place in Pattaya), kick him in the nuts. :o

I'll keep my eye out for him.........& fix him up with a Katoey :D

I'll keep my eye out for him.........& fix him up with a Katoey :D

:o Well make sure it's one with a 12 inch cock, as the guy deserves a right bit of pain.

BTW, I hope you are not suggesting that you have connections in that area Chavy? :D

Torquay 1-2 Crawley

Goals in either half from Ryan Hall and Jamie Cook were enough to give Crawley a shock 2-1 win at Torquay.

Crawley started well and Hall saw a long-range effort tipped over before he fired his side ahead with a terrific volley from the edge of the box.

Chris Zebroski, Danny Stevens and Chris Todd all wasted opportunities to draw the Gulls level but Cook's fine 18-yard shot doubled the home side's lead.

Tim Sills headed in Stevens' cross to make it 2-1 but the visitors held on.

Torquay: Rayner, Robertson (Bedeau 74), Todd, Ellis, Nicholson, Stevens, Hockley, Mullings (Adams 55), Zebroski, Phillips (Benyon 71), Sills.

Subs Not Used: Rice, Hill.

Booked: Robertson, Phillips, Ellis.

Goals: Sills 87.

Crawley Town: Bayes, Wilson, Thomas (Raynor 90), Murphy, Stevens, Hall, Pinault, Bulman, Carayol (Blackburn 83), Thompson (Carter 90), Cook.

Subs Not Used: Nayee, Dubios.

Booked: Thomas.

Goals: Hall 17, Cook 85.

Att: 3,121.

Ref: O Langford (Darlaston).

So the league season finishes on a whimper, it's now on to the important bits - mainly the Play-offs, copuldn't care less about the Cup Final, the play-offs against the <deleted> is what counts. get through that and it'll be either Burton or Cambridge at Wembley. Aw, I hate the play-offs!!

Buckle is ready for former club

Torquay boss Paul Buckle is ready to face his former club Exeter City in the Blue Square Premier play-offs.

The Gulls finished third in the table after Saturday's loss to Crawley, setting up the clash with Exeter.

"I've got no reason to have any grudges against anyone at Exeter," Buckle told BBC Radio Devon.

"It was always going to pan out this way. It had to happen with me coming across to Torquay last summer and a few players following me."

The play-off first leg is at Exeter's St James' Park on Thursday, before the Gulls host the return leg at Plainmoor on Monday 5 May.

Buckle was assistant to Exeter boss Paul Tisdale before being lured down the A380 to replace Leroy Rosenior last June.

And Buckle says the matches between the two bitter rivals will be great for the fans.

"You saw the tempo the two derby games were played over the Christmas period. If that's anything to go by then people will be in for a real treat."

Should be a cracking tie between the two clubs, thought it would be a fitting final at Wembley.

Burton or Cambridge wont be any easier either.

Now I've got to figure how, or where I can watch these games, without a trip back to th UK.

Should be a cracking tie between the two clubs, thought it would be a fitting final at Wembley.

Now I've got to figure how, or where I can watch these games, without a trip back to th UK.

I'll take my hat off to you if you manage it !!

I'll take my hat off to you if you manage it !!

Which hat is that Chavy, the tail feathers? :o

I'm hoping I may be able to get it on-line. If we get to the final, might be able to watch that somewhere thoughas it's all on at the same time as the other play - offs at Wembley.