Hotels In Sydney

Depends on what you want to do in Sydney and your budget. If you want to do a bit of sight seeing I would suggest to stay somewhere more central such as the city (Haymarket, Darling Harbour, CBD etc). You can generally pick up some good last minute deals on www.wotif.com or www.lastminute.com.au (you can search by suburb or style of accommodation) Accommodation is more expensive on Friday and Saturday nights and if there are any special events on. Apartment accommodation would be more suitable for you.

Neeranam,

Nearest hotel to the Airport is the Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport.

For a couple of nights, i do think that you might be better off in the city or near it.

Try OAKS, they have several locations, or Medina.

These brands offer Apartment style accomodation, at a reasonable cost and standard.

Sir Stamford Double Bay is also nice depending on your budget.

With the airport so close to the city (less than 15 km) why would you want to stay near the airport ? Depends on what you want to do but there are much better options all over the city....stay near the harbour or near the beaches...none are far from the airport.

Cheers for Jocky mate,

I've been once before to Sydney, but under very different circumstaces. I did like Manly beach - are there any nice, reasonably priced hotels there?

I'll give you a shout when we get there.

Sorry, just read your last post about Manly. Will cost a fortune to go there from the airport due to Sydney's geography, but it's a nice place. Better suited for a beach location is Bondi or another eastern suburbs beach which are much closer to the airport. Google a map of Sydney to check out suitable locations. You can find some bargains depending on what standard of hotel your looking for but anything 4 star or above will cost $A150 a night or more even if not in the CBD.

We went down for a week or so last month and stayed at the Vibe Hotel in the centre of Sydney a casual stroll away from China town.

I have to say it was an excellent hotel - nice clean rooms, well maintained and in a good location. I booked it blind on Wotif.com as one of there deals but would highly recommend it.

Manly as people say is a long trip from the airport - lovely beach and area (I far prefer Manly to Bondi) the Bondi area is a bit of a dive in my opinion.

As for hotels near the airport - all I've ever read is bad reviews of them, they ain't cheap and it's only a $30 taxi drive to town.