Why Are You Here

iminthailand

Just curious why everyone is in thailand. Like what % is for (cheap living, cultures, girls, landscape, etc..). I will probably comment on this more later, but I'm curious about the responses. If work here why did you decide to work here instead of your home country?

-Ignore the subtitle please, I can't find a way to edit it....sorry.

Edited by iminthailand

opposites huh? i guess thats why all you old guys choose young girls :o

yeah, i see that too... not wih me, im 34 and my wife is 28... but i guess if some people feel a wife is like a car... when it reaches a certain age, trade it in for a new model.. jokes..

in time, you will do the same

If work here why did you decide to work here instead of your home country?

When I went to work in Thailand it was because my employers sent me on an assignment, until then Thailand hadn't figured in any of my plans.

However, I'm not in Thailand now and chose to be where I am over Thailand - but that is the subject of another post.

I come here for cheap sex, cheap accomodation, beer, drugs, lax laws, being able to drive irresponsibly, corruption when in my favour, the feeling of superiority over the thais, the enjoyment of complaining thais not understanding English, and the most pleasurable moments of slagging thais off, everything cheap cheap. But that's just me.

I come here for cheap sex, cheap accomodation, beer, drugs, lax laws, being able to drive irresponsibly, corruption when in my favour, the feeling of superiority over the thais, the enjoyment of complaining thais not understanding English, and the most pleasurable moments of slagging thais off, everything cheap cheap. But that's just me.
Excellent, !..bet your not disapointed ? lol :o

Well I doubt it is, but I'm not holding my breath for such honesty from many.

Well I doubt it is, but I'm not holding my breath for such honesty from many.

keep it quiet... it was also me,, then i met the wife ! now im just an onlooker :o

I originally came here to train and fight muay thai for a 3 month trip, just for the experience since my life revolves around martial arts. Landed up meeting all kinds of people involved in the movie industry (which is quite strong here) and started seriously thinking about following that secret dream since there seemed like a realistic opportunity for me to get involved. 9 months after going back to Canada after my fight trip I was back on a plane to Thailand with no advance plan and no idea how I was going to follow my dream. At age 29 that is a pretty scary thing to do..... not established financially yet and dropping everything back home to risk failing in a brand new life and having to stat over. I wanted to work in movies and open a martial arts school. I was as freaked out and enthralled by the friendly and beautiful women as the next guy but I landed up hooking up with my Japanese girlfriend in the first few months of moving here and have been with her ever since, going on 4 years now. Just as well since the energy that I would put into having sex with all kinds of different women has gone into my dream instead and it's working out great. I dont need to be famous or anything like that, just live my dream of working in movies and that's what I'm doing. That and running my school. Thailand has been a land of opportunity for me, back home this would never have happened.

Damian

To be honest

i just got totaly p##### off with the uk about the only thing your not taxed on (yet ) is daylight,

and to much big brother going on, since coming to los i have been less stressed and reduced my medication but 1 week back in england and the dose goes right back up , yeah i know los can be stressfull when dealing with goverment or UBC , but at least people smile here,

I originally came here to train and fight muay thai for a 3 month trip, just for the experience since my life revolves around martial arts. Landed up meeting all kinds of people involved in the movie industry (which is quite strong here) and started seriously thinking about following that secret dream since there seemed like a realistic opportunity for me to get involved. 9 months after going back to Canada after my fight trip I was back on a plane to Thailand with no advance plan and no idea how I was going to follow my dream. At age 29 that is a pretty scary thing to do..... not established financially yet and dropping everything back home to risk failing in a brand new life and having to stat over. I wanted to work in movies and open a martial arts school. I was as freaked out and enthralled by the friendly and beautiful women as the next guy but I landed up hooking up with my Japanese girlfriend in the first few months of moving here and have been with her ever since, going on 4 years now. Just as well since the energy that I would put into having sex with all kinds of different women has gone into my dream instead and it's working out great. I dont need to be famous or anything like that, just live my dream of working in movies and that's what I'm doing. That and running my school. Thailand has been a land of opportunity for me, back home this would never have happened.

Damian

Good for you Damian - wish you all the best! Fab to hear an unusual tale and how you took a chance. Good on you.

I fell in love with SE Asia whilst doing Voluntary work out here before going to University. After graduating and working in London for a few years, I came out here on a 1 year sabbatical from my job in London and basically decided not to return - and that was 5 years ago!!! I would never have done half the things I have done if I hadn't have come out here. Would also have never met my guy!!! :o So all in all a Fab decision!

Life is an adventure and it's up to us what we do with our lives. The ball is in our court :D

Andiamo!

Damian

Good for you Damian - wish you all the best! Fab to hear an unusual tale and how you took a chance. Good on you.

I fell in love with SE Asia whilst doing Voluntary work out here before going to University. After graduating and working in London for a few years, I came out here on a 1 year sabbatical from my job in London and basically decided not to return - and that was 5 years ago!!! I would never have done half the things I have done if I hadn't have come out here. Would also have never met my guy!!! :o So all in all a Fab decision!

Life is an adventure and it's up to us what we do with our lives. The ball is in our court :D

Andiamo!

Why are you here? Reminds me of something from the old Kung <deleted> series..........."Grasshopper.....why are you here? To seek happiness master.........and to learn how to kick ass when any official gives me a visa problem."

I'm here because it's where I landed when my entire life fell apart. Bankruptcy, lost business, savings gone fighting lawsuits, divorce, tax, serious health problems, etc... Basically an entire very successful and good life unraveled.

Met a good Thai woman and settled here. Still trying to crawl back years later, but doing a little better. I like Thailand pretty well.

Oh..your a tourist :o

For me the reason is work & the chance to carry on my trade in Asia (England manufacturing is finished) 6 years + now & never regret a moment. What would I do if my job went belly up ? No idea.

Edited by chavy

Oh..your a tourist :D

I love it when people are honest! Really....no joke. Tired of the BS and this statement reflects why most of us are here. Right on target! :o

Originally came for the women, smoked some strong Thai sticks and ended up in a sex-change clinic when trying to exchange money. Too embarrassed to go back to my local pub in Leith - boys are better here anyway :o .

Edited by Neeranam

Originally came for the women, smoked some strong Thai sticks and ended up in a sex-change clinic when trying to exchange money. Too embarrassed to go back to my local pub in Leith - boys are better here anyway :o .

i like that..

couldn't stop laughing :D