Jomtien Hotel Longstay

bobfla

As an impoverished 69 year old disabled pensioner on crutches, I am hoping to get some feedback on the Jomtien Hotel Longstay.

I have an initial booking of 5 days there followed by an option to stay longer, during which time I should be able to decide if I can cope there.

One element in particular that is critical to me is how high are the bed, too low and I cannot get up? Added to which the geography on the Google earthmap suggests that Dongtarn Beach is too far for me to walk there.

However at 5500 Baht per month plus utilities it is a snip for me.

I have not been in Jomtien/Pattaya for over 12 years now, so I anticipate huge changes. Any info or alternative and inexpensive lodging greatly appreciated.

Edited by bobfla

• 10 months later...

The beds are normal height and that`s not so high. The 5500 baht rooms do have a lift, but you still have to walk many steps; it might be better to take a room in the main building for a good elevator, though the price is almost double. To walk to the beach is maybe 200 meters.

As an impoverished 69 year old disabled pensioner on crutches, I am hoping to get some feedback on the Jomtien Hotel Longstay.

I have an initial booking of 5 days there followed by an option to stay longer, during which time I should be able to decide if I can cope there.

One element in particular that is critical to me is how high are the bed, too low and I cannot get up? Added to which the geography on the Google earthmap suggests that Dongtarn Beach is too far for me to walk there.

However at 5500 Baht per month plus utilities it is a snip for me.

I have not been in Jomtien/Pattaya for over 12 years now, so I anticipate huge changes. Any info or alternative and inexpensive lodging greatly appreciated.

I stay there. As far as I know it is the cheapest in the Jomtien area for an apartment. It also

has a pool on the fourth floor. Other good things are friendly staff and a very safe environment

(due to many old people and gays there?). Free daily Bangkok Post too.

The bad: the coffee shop/restaurant is good for neither western nor Thai food. Many rooms

may smell musty and old because, well, they are old. I shopped around for relatively clean one.

The beds are of average height but take a look for yourself. The bathtubs on the other hand seem

to be built for giraffes...you almost need to pole-vault over the side