Marry My Thai G/f

Hi everyone,

In a few months I will be marrying my thai g/f who has been with me in the Uk for the last 3 months, we have been together for over a year and a half now and we love each other very dearly. I applied for a finacee visa and she was granted it, my question is when we get married what things change, i.e can we go away on holiday somewhere other that thailand? can she work? etc etc.

Thanks again people, take care

Once you marry, your g/f should apply to the Home Office for permission to remain in the UK as your wife. This costs, I think, £150.00. You should supply the marriage certificate, and evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate her.

Under no circumstances should you leave the UK before getting the extension stamped in your wife-to-be's passport as her current fiancée visa is only good for one entry. Consequently, should she leave the UK she would require another settlement visa to enable her to return.

The extension will allow your g/f to remain in the UK for 2 years and she can come and go as she wishes without having to get another UK visa. If then you want to travel to other countries then she will have to obtain a visa for those countries as required.

Scouse.